New Modern Clue Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

I'm partial to the 3-D figures. I hope they go for that again.

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

I think that they will do 3-D figure, because pawns will be like the past, and, from what I understand, Hasbro is trying to move away from the past to the future,

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 »

I prefer the figurines as well.
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer »

i think that you will see figurines in this game in the current fashion of the previous few clue games

so from what i've heard: different locations, different weapons, the usual (6 - i'm assuming) suspects

but from what i've seen: a few different locations, what could be assumed the same weapons, and the same suspects

this game needs to surface somewhere
"It is my opinion that your detective stories are the normal recreation of snobbish, out-dated, life-hating, ignoble minds."

chaostheory1489
Private Eye

Post by chaostheory1489 »

I prefer figurines, because they're just one more place for the theme/look of the game to come through. Like the Passport to Murder pieces having luggage, for instance.

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

I sent Hasbro an e-mail asking about the game and when & where it will be available, even though they told TheWhitePawn they shipped it out. Lets see how loge it takes them to reply (We'll probably have the game by then) :lol:

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn »

That's so funny that you said that. I sent them an e-mail as well. I called the day after the e-mail, hence why I did both. Although the woman told me the game was out, the reply to the email read:

Hi Roman,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc.

We are sorry to advise that the information you have requested is not readily available.

We are sharing your question with those internal parties who are more familiar with this piece of our business. We will respond to you, as soon as we receive the information from them.

We thank you, in advance, for your patience.
Was it Miss Scarlet with the Candlestick in the Ballroom? Yes... yes it was.

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

I bet I'll get the same thing.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

I wonder whether they'll sell a copy with this kind of knowledge amongst the public???
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn »

Maybe if we all e-mail them, they'll see that there's a market for it...

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I think I'll be camping out in WalMart tonight :wink:

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

Well, this is what hasbro sent me:
Thank you for your interest in Hasbro, Inc.

Since many revisions may occur prior to a product release, information, such as release dates, possible new items and where to buy future products, is not available in advance for distribution.

We ask that you visit our web site at http://www.hasbro.com often for the most current product information.

We appreciate your understanding and your interest.

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn »

SOOO....

this was interesting. I called Hasbro again earlier today. I told them that I had sent an e-mail, but that the site gave me an error and I didn't think it went though... so I ended up calling them about the game. I told them what the woman told me, and then told them that a response to my email was sent a couple of days later after all... but that the information was contradictory. And I explained that I just wanted to make sure, since it's pointless to look for a game that's not out yet.

The woman told me.... that she has no record of a Clue Reinvention game at all! She said the only new game in her system, (which the other woman must have been thinking I meant) which was sent out to stores earlier in the month was Clue Classic, the PC game I posted about in the other thread. So this is soooo disappointing. I really hope I get another response from Hasbro about it. Hopefully they're making one at all and it's not just rumors...

Depboy
Missing Person

Post by Depboy »

So I've been checking the Entertainment Earth site periodically (ok so daily, but that's not the point) to see if they updated either the photo of the Reinvention Game or any information and lo and behold, the date of availability has changed to July!

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... er=HG40613

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

I don't think we will see this game anytime soon. Remember what a huge deal they made about the Clue DVD Game, I fear that this will be much worse, we'll probably see so many prototypes and changing descriptions by the time it comes out. I doubt Hasbro will just throw it out into stores with no advertising. Come to think of it, the Holdiay Season will be my guess as to when it comes out.

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn »

Come to think of it... seeing as how some of us went directly to the source... I wonder how these people are getting their information to begin with.

CluedoAuthor12
Master Detective

Post by CluedoAuthor12 »

Clue, the original mystery board game.

Whodunit? Where? With What? Was it Colonel Mustard in the Conservatory with the Wrench? Solve a fascinating new mystery every time you play this classic detective game that relies on your sleuthing ability to deduce the culprit, the scene of the crime, and the murder weapon. A favorite for more than 50 years!
This is a slightly different description of the game I just found. According to the site, the game is coming out Summer of 2008 :?

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

Where did you find that?

CluedoAuthor12
Master Detective

Post by CluedoAuthor12 »

this is the link:
http://www.wholesaleboardgames.com/store/HA40613

it's a shame that's there's no image

Depboy
Missing Person

Post by Depboy »

boardgames.com updated their page about the game with a new image.

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/ ... 0_21619230