Movie DVD pics

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Frostbyte
Slueth

Movie DVD pics

Post by Frostbyte »

I decided to move this to it's own thread. As promised, here are the pics of the new DVD packaging for the movie. No new features :(

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I like it!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

I've never seen the Mustard pic on the cover, I don't think... Overall, the box is okay. Still looks cheaply done. Too bad they didn't over anything new in the extras.

I still can't find it. I looked our Target up and down today.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

ClueGamer
Gumshoe

Post by ClueGamer »

I prefer this cover to the original. More appealing to the eye.

However the Colonel Mustard picture is awful. All it is the picture from the back cover. The Library scene and the wrench are just cropped in the picture. You can tell this is true because it is the same photo, still holding his hat!

I couldn't find it at the two Targets I went to either. =[

Green
Detective

Post by Green »

I think it's the opposite... the picture of everyone together is a manipulation (cast pictures like these often are). The picture of Mustard by himself in the library is probably the real picture.

But I do agree, they could've done better with Mustard's picture, but the cover is all is much better than the old one.

I wish there were extra features too. Anything new at all? New menus or anything?

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Next

Post by Lord Caspen »

The group shot may be a composite. The pic of Mustard by himself is definitely a composite. And it stinks.

I have always wondered why there wasn't a shot of Mustard with his weapon. There's a shot of Scarlet with the Candlestick in the Lounge, Plum with the Revolver in the Study, Peacock with the Knife in the Library, Green with the Lead Pipe in the Billiard Room, White with the Rope in the Dining Room, and ...

... and nothing. Mustard with the Wrench in the Kitchen would have been perfect, but ... nothing.

Did they just not take one, or can they just not be bothered to find it? Or is Martin Mull holding out for more money than the studio thinks they can afford to use it?
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

There IS a photo of Mustard with the Wrench in the Kitchen somewhere. It's on Michael's site in a magazine article. Quite neat it is.

ClueGamer
Gumshoe

Post by ClueGamer »

Yes, the photo of Mustard is in the "Starlog" Magazine. I think Michael has it listed on the site.

It would have been much better if they used that.

ClueGamer
Gumshoe

Post by ClueGamer »

I took a trip to the other local Target. They had it! I bought two copies.

I love the cover. The disk is different but the menus are the same.