Let’s Play Clue-“ A Town Without Pity”

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Mr_Suspect88
Spy

Let’s Play Clue-“ A Town Without Pity”

Post by Mr_Suspect88 »

Since the poll is almost over with clear winner, I’m going to post the introduction to the story and anyone can if they want to weather they voted in the poll or not. I am going to change the way do suspects/weapons/locations instead of two each, I’m changing it to three suspects/three weapons/three locations around the town.

3 suspects/3 weapons/3 locations

“Let’s Play Clue- A Town Without Pity”

Dr David Samuel Black a millionaire tycoon from the United Kingdom who has recently purchased a small New England town called Little Falls,New Hampshire. Some the residents aren’t to thrilled about the new owner, and isn’t long before Dr Black meets an untimely end.

“Town Bought By Millionaire Tycoon” that was the headline reporter Felix Cloud from the Little Falls Gazette read aloud , he continued “the town of Little Falls, New Hampshire was bought by a Dr Black from the United Kingdom. The town in financial distress put the town up for sale three months ago, it wasn’t until a month ago when Dr Black bought the town. The new owner Dr David Samuel Black, a multimillionaire with several business ventures through out Europe had decided to expand his ventures in the United States he had quoted by reporter Felix Cloud saying “buying the town of Little Falls will be an major economic boom not just for me but the whole town”. However some of the residents are not so optimistic as the good doctor, after interviewing several folks around town one resident was quoted as saying “this town will end in financial ruin with this guy coming in here, his business ventures will put a lot of hard working people out of work and the taxes will go sky high”. The residents have organized a sit down with Dr Black later on tonight at 7:30 at the Town Hall to discuss the future plans of the town”. “So Melvin what do you think?” Felix asked his editor Melvin Pearl, Melvin sat behind his desk with a pleased look on his face with the young reporters article “Felix its great I love it, now i want you to cover the meeting tonight get a play by play of what the plan for the town is get interviews with people especially that Dr Black” Felix beaming with pride said “Melvin you can count on me, I’ll be there with with pen in hand”.

Mr_Suspect88
Spy

Re: Let’s Play Clue-“ A Town Without Pity”

Post by Mr_Suspect88 »

Forgot to put this along with the introduction.

How to Play

Each player chooses 3 characters, 3 town locations and 3 weapons. Be creative. Expand on your suspects' backstories and feel free to include a brief bio; you will be role-playing them and only them throughout the game. I will choose a random solution, deal out the cards, pick a turn order, and set the game afoot.

An introductory story is created, introducing the characters, rooms, and weapons, and then we role-play by writing a short paragraph or so during each of our turns where our character makes a suggestion.

Then we go around in order to see if other players can disprove - all while role-playing. Once the suggestion is disproved, it is the next player's turn to suggest. When disproving, you will PM a card to the person who made the suggestion.

A 48-hour window would be allotted between turns or the turn is forfeited. But hopefully players will keep the game moving more quickly than that.

The winner is the first person to make an accusation. Accusations can be made after a suggestion if either the suggestion receives no disproval or the player announces his potential intention to accuse during his suggestion. This way the game play can continue as soon as the suggestion is disproved without waiting for the suggestor to announce his turn is over - again unless he/she announced his intentions beforehand.