Looking for Clue: Movies, Murder, and Mystery—CBS Special

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

JohnH
Suspect

Looking for Clue: Movies, Murder, and Mystery—CBS Special

Post by JohnH »

Hi all,

I'm trying to find Clue: Movies, Murder, and Mystery, the CBS special hosted by Martin Mull, aired September 17, 1986. Unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious, this show isn't anywhere. UCLA, the largest repository of film and TV recordings in the world, doesn't have it. USC film library doesn't have it. The Paley Center doesn't have it. They have the 50 times Martin Mull was on Tom Snyder...but they don't have this!

If anyone has a copy they'd be willing to either sell or digitize, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to pay to have a VHS copy transferred to a digital format—then you'd have a digital backup of your VHS. If you sell me a VHS, I'll have it digitized and provide you with a digital copy so you can still watch the show. I'd also love to thank whoever can help in the acknowledgements of my book.
John
"What Do You Mean, Murder?" Clue and the Making of a Cult Classic
cluemoviebook.com

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Re: Looking for Clue: Movies, Murder, and Mystery—CBS Special

Post by WarnerPlum »

Oh, you know CBS. They'll find their property and eliminate it without mercy. Just like Stage Nine!
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

JohnH
Suspect

Re: Looking for Clue: Movies, Murder, and Mystery—CBS Special

Post by JohnH »

As I mention on my website, digging into the 1980s I had some vague notion that most stuff would be a YouTube click away. It's actually a little unsettling just how much is gone. It turns out for stuff like this (and it's the same for a lot of CLUE memorabilia), your best bet is fan sites.
John
"What Do You Mean, Murder?" Clue and the Making of a Cult Classic
cluemoviebook.com