Escape The Night - "Be Careful What You Wish For" (S04E07) w/ Cluedo Challenge

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Who do you think will die?

Joey
13%
Bretman
13%
Rosanna
25%
Alex
13%
NOBODY
38%

Total votes: 8

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Escape The Night - "Be Careful What You Wish For" (S04E07) w/ Cluedo Challenge

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Here is the link to the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt3k2xm ... tq&index=7

Post about your thoughts below!

PrinceAlarming
Private Eye

Re: Escape The Night - "Be Careful What You Wish For" (S04E07) w/ Cluedo Challenge

Post by PrinceAlarming »

I've binge watched this entire series multiple times; I absolutely love it (so I know who dies in that episode). You know there's a board game of Escape the Night, right?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pl ... =user_menu

CPG
Spy

Re: Escape The Night - "Be Careful What You Wish For" (S04E07) w/ Cluedo Challenge

Post by CPG »

I do know there's a board game, I purchased a Premiere Version as soon as I gathered the money, currently waiting for my copy to arrive.
Ah, yes. Nothing quite as lovely as death.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

I've seen pictures of that board game before, but have never really heard of Escape the Night the web series before. The board game looks nice, but I've never gone into how it is actually played - it is any good?

CPG
Spy

Post by CPG »

Unfortunately, due to issues related to manufacturing, the games won't be arriving to anyone till March of this year.

The gameplay seems very promising, although if you have a person who struggles to understand board game rules, it could be a bit frustrating.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

CPG wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:19 am Unfortunately, due to issues related to manufacturing, the games won't be arriving to anyone till March of this year.

The gameplay seems very promising, although if you have a person who struggles to understand board game rules, it could be a bit frustrating.
Well, I have a tendency to zone out myself while reading board game rules :lol:

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Just to tell you guys, the web-series is only free for people who own YouTube Premium, BUT Joey Graceffa was nice enough, due to COVID-19, to make all episodes free.

And there are 4 seasons, filled with YouTuber-guests, monsters, challenges, votings, and deaths!

PrinceAlarming
Private Eye

Post by PrinceAlarming »

I stumbled across the series while I was in serious quarantine right after I was exposed to Covid. I binge watched the entire series while I waited for my test results. Tested negative, thank goodness; but that show got me through a really rough time of wondering if I had Covid.

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

PrinceAlarming wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:02 pm I stumbled across the series while I was in serious quarantine right after I was exposed to Covid. I binge watched the entire series while I waited for my test results. Tested negative, thank goodness; but that show got me through a really rough time of wondering if I had Covid.
We're so glad to hear that, and luckily, spoiler alert, none of the deaths in the series involve Covid. :P

PrinceAlarming
Private Eye

Post by PrinceAlarming »

ZachBlack000 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:13 pm
PrinceAlarming wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:02 pm I stumbled across the series while I was in serious quarantine right after I was exposed to Covid. I binge watched the entire series while I waited for my test results. Tested negative, thank goodness; but that show got me through a really rough time of wondering if I had Covid.
We're so glad to hear that, and luckily, spoiler alert, none of the deaths in the series involve Covid. :P
Lol, I'm pretty sure the series was canceled before the pandemic. It's a shame though, I wish they could have had a season that didn't end on a cliff hanger

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

PrinceAlarming wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:01 pm
Lol, I'm pretty sure the series was canceled before the pandemic. It's a shame though, I wish they could have had a season that didn't end on a cliff hanger
Honestly, there's where I want the series to end, because it seems like a perfect ending of all the bull-**** that "certain somebody" put everyone else into, that "person" is a *beep*-ing demon, metaphorically speaking, and they deserved what they got for their goddamn selfish betrayal, since 2016!

PrinceAlarming
Private Eye

Post by PrinceAlarming »

ZachBlack000 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:39 pm
PrinceAlarming wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:01 pm
Honestly, there's where I want the series to end, because it seems like a perfect ending of all the bull-**** that "certain somebody" put everyone else into, that "person" is a *beep* demon, metaphorically speaking, and they deserved what they got for their goddamn selfish betrayal, since 2016!
I'll just leave this right here:

https://youtu.be/40a1AAbq_LE

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

PrinceAlarming wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:31 pm
PrinceAlarming wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:01 pm Lol, I'm pretty sure the series was canceled before the pandemic. It's a shame though, I wish they could have had a season that didn't end on a cliff hanger
Honestly, there's where I want the series to end, because it seems like a perfect ending of all the bull-**** that "certain somebody" put everyone else into, that "person" is a *beep* demon, metaphorically speaking, and they deserved what they got for their goddamn selfish betrayal, since 2016!
Thanks for showing me the video, I trusted Joey before, until after the end of Season 4, where I realized that he betrayed all of those people, twice in a row.

PrinceAlarming
Private Eye

Post by PrinceAlarming »

ZachBlack000 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:51 pm
PrinceAlarming wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:31 pm
Thanks for showing me the video, I trusted Joey before, until after the end of Season 4, where I realized that he betrayed all of those people, twice in a row.
I watch a handful of the YouTubers in the series, including MattPat, so this video quickly caught my eye after watching the show

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

PrinceAlarming wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:56 pm
ZachBlack000 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:51 pm
PrinceAlarming wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:31 pm I'll just leave this right here:
I watch a handful of the YouTubers in the series, including MattPat, so this video quickly caught my eye after watching the show
I don't know what are Joey's true thoughts on MatPat, on one hand, he was revived and survived and remained alive for all of Season 4, but on the other hand, he had this brains smashed to bits, by some hairy, muscular mailman's fist, after he lost an arm-wrestling match to a guy who does make-up videos for a living. And not to mention Joey also let Colleen die twice, before she was revived for the second time.

CPG
Spy

Post by CPG »

CPG wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:19 am Unfortunately, due to issues related to manufacturing, the games won't be arriving to anyone till March of this year.

Alright, after lots of delays, I FINALLY have the game in my hands, my first impression of it is that it's pretty well made from the materials and the art. I haven't had time to check all of the cards, but from all those I have checked so far, the art is pretty great.

I got the premium version of it, which means I got it with the beast mode, which implies a twelfth character, three extra rooms and an extra tile to it.

When I have the time to play it I'll comment on the gameplay. Good news, it comes with an extra stack of cards that all explain how the round plays out, probably in case someone forgets.