Let’s Play Clue- “Last Christmas”

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Mr_Suspect88
Spy

Let’s Play Clue- “Last Christmas”

Post by Mr_Suspect88 »

Hello everyone I have been toying with the idea to start a “Let’s Play” set at Christmas time,this would be i my first time hosting one. If anyone is interested let me know, I’m hoping for at least six or seven players.

Synopsis:

Mr Boddy is hosting a Christmas weekend party for some guests and his miser uncle is coming as well, and of course the uncle doesn’t live long enough to see Christmas Day.

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Re: Let’s Play Clue- “Last Christmas”

Post by Sir Shamrock »

I'd be down

SirOakwood
Spy

Post by SirOakwood »

Count me in bruh

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

I’m in

Mr_Suspect88
Spy

Post by Mr_Suspect88 »

Mr_Suspect88 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:40 pm Hello everyone I have been toying with the idea to start a “Let’s Play” set at Christmas time,this would be i my first time hosting one. If anyone is interested let me know, I’m hoping for at least six or seven players.

Synopsis:

Mr Boddy is hosting a Christmas weekend party for some guests and his miser uncle is coming as well, and of course the uncle doesn’t live long enough to see Christmas Day.
I’ll wait till sometime tomorrow to begin, we’ll see if anyone else is interested in playing

CPG
Spy

Post by CPG »

I'm down to it.
Ah, yes. Nothing quite as lovely as death.

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

Would love to join!

Mr_Suspect88
Spy

Post by Mr_Suspect88 »

Let’s Play Clue- “ Last Christmas “

Tuesday the 15th of December

Mr Ashe the butler of Tudor Manor entered the Study of John Reginald Boddy, he was carrying a stack of red envelopes.”Ah I see my guests have returned their RSVPs for the weekend Christmas party” Boddy said to Ashe as he was handed the stack,Boddy went through the stack and came across a cream colored envelope “now who is this from” Boddy said aloud with curious tone. The return address informed him it was from his uncle Mortimer Boddy, a cousin on his fathers side. Boddy tore open the envelope, inside was a handwritten letter. The letter read :

Dear John

I am writing to you to inform you that I have decided to spend Christmas with you this year instead going back to England as I have done in years past. I will be arriving the 24th of December at 2:00 pm
and staying until New Years Day, please have a driver waiting for me at the airport.

Sincerely Mortimer Boddy

Boddy folded the letter and turned to Ashe “Mr Ashe, wonderful news my uncle is coming for Christmas. Prepare a room for him and make arrangements for a driver to pick him up at the airport” Ashe nodded “yea,sir” and left the room.Boddy continued with his work, he stopped for a second and thought “To think the old miser is coming to celebrate Christmas with me, miracles do happen “and with that Boddy returned to work.

Wednesday the 24th of December - Christmas Eve

“Well today is the day” Boddy thought to himself, he was standing in front of his home waiting for the arrival of his uncle. The black car drove up the driveway and around the statue in the middle of his front lawn, a stern looking man stepped out of the car “hello Uncle Mortimer
, merry Christmas” as Boddy approached to hug the man. “Good afternoon John, merry Christmas, to you too.” the man said without a smile and no holiday cheer. A young lady in a maids uniform and Ashe took the luggage inside “ Yvette and Mr Ashe will show you to your room” Boddy said with cheer.The old man looked at the Christmas decorations on the house with dissatisfaction and walked in “this going to be a nice Christmas”Boddy said aloud as a steady snow began to fall.

How to Play

Each player chooses 2 characters, 2 rooms and 2 weapons. Be creative. Expand on your suspects' backstories and feel free to include a brief bio; you will be role-playing them and only them throughout the game. I will choose a random solution, deal out the cards, pick a turn order, and set the game afoot.

An introductory story is created, introducing the characters, rooms, and weapons, and then we role-play by writing a short paragraph or so during each of our turns where our character makes a suggestion.

Then we go around in order to see if other players can disprove - all while role-playing. Once the suggestion is disproved, it is the next player's turn to suggest. When disproving, you will PM a card to the person who made the suggestion.

A 48-hour window would be allotted between turns or the turn is forfeited. But hopefully players will keep the game moving more quickly than that.

The winner is the first person to make an accusation. Accusations can be made after a suggestion if either the suggestion receives no disproval or the player announces his potential intention to accuse during his suggestion. This way the game play can continue as soon as the suggestion is disproved without waiting for the suggestor to announce his turn is over - again unless he/she announced his intentions beforehand.

SirOakwood
Spy

Post by SirOakwood »

Duchess Margaret of Blackcherry arrived with her faithful paramour, Mr. Arnold Grayhound. She was an old finishing school friend to Boddy's mother, and she was invited to his Christmas festivities frequently. An elderly woman, who dressed in moth eaten furs and tarnished silver jewelry still regarded herself as rich- even though her husband, the Duke of Blackcherry, had gone bankrupt and lost the family seat and other property holdings to Mr. Boddy Sr. in a poker game. But no, this fine widow held go grudges.
Mr. Grayhound wheezed as he carried Duchess Blackcherry's luggage into the Bridal Suite. A short, dumpy man, the Duchess's eyesight let her to believe he was a studly Clark Gable. This former door-to-door vacumn salesman did not dare disagree with his elder. Frequently she had rambled about a legacy she was entitled to upon the death of her good friend, Mortimer Boddy. Upon hearing this information, he immediately proposed to the old grand dame. For 27 years he has waited for his windfall. He figured this may be the last Christmas for these two elders...
Meanwhile, Duchess Blackcherry was enjoying herself in the Billiard Room. Taking up a pool cue, she shot the 8 ball into a corner pocket. "Bullseye!" she exclaimed. Following this, she then sauntered over to the fireplace, and tapped it with a poker.

Suspects
Duchess Margaret of Blackcherry (Dark Red color)
Mr. Arnold Grayhound (Gray)

Weapons
Duchess Margaret's Luggage
Poker

Rooms
Bridal Suite
Billiard Room

CPG
Spy

Post by CPG »

Doctor Matthew Ocean had arrived as well, on his own, and without much stuff on him other than what seemed necessary. Miss Céline Jade, Dr. Ocean's fiancée and connection to the Boddy family, was supposed to accompany him, but due to a last minute problem, it was only him that had gotten there. A young yet admirable psychiatrist with quite a temper, probably because of the stress caused by his profession, but not even him has been able to tell the exact reason, not like he can tell the reasons for a lot of stuff related to his own person, stuff such as particular patterns in clothing, messy long hair and unshaved beard included.

Not long after came in Gaia Rosewood, struggliong to carry all of the luggage her mentor had suggested her to take, thing that made sense as it seemed to be about twice her size. The mentor herself was what led Gaia to meet the Boddy family, as she has been the one to be asked to work on multiple custom pieces for them, up to the point she developed a good relatipnship with them. She, the ninth of twelve Rosewood children could just not refuse when she heard the question, it was not like her parents would care to notice her absence, anyways. At least it would all be alright with the Boddys and whoever was to join them... Right?

After leaving everything he had packed, Dr. Ocean decided to walk around, eventually stumbling across the study. He sighed and shoved his hand in his robe's pocket, just to find he hadn't emptied it as he had found a syringe in it. With an eyeroll as his reaction he put it on the desk as he kept on looking into the room.

Gaia placed herself in the master bedroom, not with the intention to take over it, but because it was where she regularly worked, which she had to do, even during Christmas Eve. From one of her bags she grabbed all of her tools, her fabric scissors included and began working on the design she was assigned.

Suspects:
Doctor Ocean
Gaia

Weapons:
Syringe
Scissors

Rooms:
Study
Master bedroom

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock »

Sir Shamrock entered the mansion humming a Christmas tune and carrying a large bag of boxes. As someone who takes the merriment of Christmas very seriously, he went to great lengths to make sure that all those at the party had a thoughtful present to celebrate with. He went to the Ball Room to arrange the gifts and make sure there were no loose ends. On the end table there was a list of guests that were attending. Out of curiosity, he picked it up and started reading. "Boddy, Ocean, Blackcherry... alright no surprise guests." As he moved his thumb to place the list down, something made his heart jump. On the very bottom was the name, "Mortimer Boddy". "What! I don't remember hearing about him! I didn't even get him a present!". Not wanting to be embarrassed, he looked around the room for something that could help. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a large brass Candlestick. "Perhaps this might be of some service."

Shortly after, Sister Pewter arrived, bell and change bucket in hand. Any time's a good time for charity, as she would say. This young Nun with a charming accent, in which no one could place, won the the hearts, and wallets, of anyone she'd talk to about her latest cause. Even for her more ridiculous campaigns, like the "Putting Tiny Sweaters on Naked Mole Rats Fondation", or "PTSNMRF", she could always count on gathering support. That is of course, was from anyone but Mortimer Boddy. No matter what she brought to his attention, the old miser figured out ways make her mission challenging. Most recently, when she ran a "Save the Whales" booth, he operated a gathering right across the street to see how much whale oil the group could burn. But tonight she had a plan. Armed with reading materials about combining animal shelters and schools, she was not gonna take no for an answer. To prepare her pitch, she went to the Drawing Room. "Come on, you can do this. This has puppies, this has children. This has puppies AND children. Only a true monster would say no to that.". Then she remembered who she was talking about. She grabbed her Handbell. "If worse comes to worse I can leave a ringing in his ear.".

Suspects:
Sir Shamrock
Sister Pewter

Rooms:
Ballroom
Drawing Room

Weapons:
Candlestick
Handbell
Last edited by Sir Shamrock on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SirOakwood
Spy

Post by SirOakwood »

I absolutely love Sister Pewter!

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock »

SirOakwood wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:13 pm I absolutely love Sister Pewter!
Aw thanks lol

CPG
Spy

Post by CPG »

Okay, but I have to agree with SirOakwood, I absolutely love her. Also, and I'm not kidding, I now want a shirt with "Putting Tiny Sweaters on Naked Mole Rats Fondation" on it.

Mr_Suspect88
Spy

Post by Mr_Suspect88 »

( I have decided to add some more characters/weapons/rooms to our list,we’ll start tomorrow after I end the discovery of the body)

Professor Esteban Rubio, a college professor and former schoolmate of Mr Boddy stood in the lavish Gun Room “ why is that old goat here?”Rubio said aloud, he was surveying an antique Shotgun that hung over the mantle. “How can he show his face after he swindled my family out of our fortune? That business investment was a sham and he knew it, he deserves more then coal in his stocking “ as he reaches out for the firearm...

In the Laundry Room, Miss Madeline Silver the new chamber maid but in reality Miss Silver is a tabloid reporter working on a story about Mortimer Boddy and his past dealings with the mafia.”First week on the job and I get stuck with laundry duty” Silver complained as she sorted a pair of green socks into the washer, when suddenly a Revolver falls out of a pair of black slacks. “ Who forgets to take their gun out of their pants before throwing it in the hamper “as she puts the gun in her apron, “alright enough maid work on to some investigative journalism” as turns the dryer on and leaves.

Sir Edmund Bronze, lawyer and long time family friend though to him self, he was sitting in a leather armchair in the Library , drinking a sherry and reading A Christmas Carol. “Miser best describes Mortimer, no charity, no compassion just greed. He takes and he takes and gives nothing in return,he’s selfishness will get him in the end” Bronze got up and poured himself another sherry finally noticing the Crossbow hanging on the wall. “ I will be the ghost of Christmas yet to come” taking the bow off the wall “ I will show him what will become of him in the end...”

She saw him drive up and get out from the window of the Duke’s Bedroom, she was surprised he came at all. Mrs Evelyn Cobalt knew Mortimer Boddy very well being married to him for years before, the constant abuse both verbally and physically was too much for her she left him. But the rage in her still exists “ I will finally get my revenge on him, tonight if I can” Cobalt cries aloud tearing the golden Curtain Cord from the drapes. “ He will pay” as she wrings the cord around her hands.

Professor Esteban Rubio- college professor and old classmate to Mr Boddy
Sir Edmund Bronze- lawyer and family friend.
Miss Madeline Silver- new maid and tabloid journalist.
Mrs Evelyn Cobalt - ex wife to Uncle Mortimer.

Crossbow
Shotgun
Revolver
Curtain Cord

Duke’s Bedroom
Gun Room
Library
Laundry Room

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

(Sorry I’m a bit late, don’t mind me butting in)

“John,” Uncle Mortimer said to his nephew, “I would like you to meet my nurse, Miss Sterling.”
Uncle Mortimer then present Mr. Boddy to a young, petite woman with dark, short hair and dark eyes.
“Good day, Mr. Boddy.” she said.
“How you do?” Mr. Boddy greeted. “You know I’m a doctor myself.”
“Of what type?” the nurse questioned.
“Anthropology,” Boddy answered, “I have a few collection of bones and fossils in the collections room. Along some old tribal masks and somewhat.”

“Enough with the pleasantries.” Uncle Mortimer interrupted. “Nurse Sterling, would you do so kindly take me to my room.”
“Yessir,” the nurse said, and then proceeded to roll her patient to his room in his wheelchair.
Mr. Boddy noticed that she left her medical bag, and saw a very large scalpel.

———————————————————————
My dearest Daisy,
I do hope you be willing to join me at Boddy Mansion this Christmas.
I feel like it’s be months see we last seen each other.
New England is beautiful this time of year. Besides, I have a little surprise for you.

Your love,
John

P.S. My Uncle Mortimer is visiting for the holidays. I hope you don’t mind.

Mlle. Daisy re-read the letter her lover John Boddy in the lounge.
She brushed her platinum blonde hair as she thought of what surprise Mr. Boddy had in store for her.
A necklace, diamond earrings, or maybe an engagement ring.
Then she remembered one other thing about the letter: Mortimer Boddy.
Mortimer Boddy, such a unpleasant man she thought. So stuck-up, so veil, so... Mortimer.

She sat on the red chaise chair. She need to think.
The only way for her and John to live happily ever after is that Uncle Mortimer is out of the way.
She looks around the pink, feminine room, and happen to spot a fire poker near the fireplace .

Nurse Sterling
Mlle. Daisy

Fire Poker
Scalpel

Lounge
Collection Room

Edit: Changed the rooms and weapons as requested
Last edited by Jonathan Green on Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Suspect88
Spy

Post by Mr_Suspect88 »

( we’ll wait for Jonathan Green to change the weapons and rooms ,after I will dispense the cards and will begin)

Thursday 25th of December-Christmas Day

Boddy hurried with the last of the presents to put under the beautiful Christmas tree in the Hall, “Now Mr Ashe do we have all the presents for the guests.” But before Mr Ashe could answer, a blood curdling scream was heard. Yvette came running out from behind the cellar door pale as a ghost and crying “Monsieur Boddy, I found a body in the cellar.” Boddy and Ashe tried to calm the poor girl down “Yvette who’s body did you find? Yvette tried to catch her breathe between sobs “It’s your uncle Monsieur I found him at the bottom of the stairs, I think his been murdered.” Boddy turns to Ashe “Mr Ashe gather the guests in the Lounge, I want everyone together”. Ashe goes off to fetch the guests, Boddy goes to call the police “hello I like to report a murder” Boddy tells the dispatcher “I’m sorry sir but because of the snow no police or ambulance can get through till the snow stops and the roads are cleared“ Boddy hangs the phone up “well I guess we have to figure out who killed Uncle Mortimer?”

Mr_Suspect88
Spy

Post by Mr_Suspect88 »

Jonathan Green wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:08 am (Sorry I’m a bit late, don’t mind me butting in)

“John,” Uncle Mortimer said to his nephew, “I would like you to meet my nurse, Miss Sterling.”
Uncle Mortimer then present Mr. Boddy to a young, petite woman with dark, short hair and dark eyes.
“Good day, Mr. Boddy.” she said.
“How you do?” Mr. Boddy greeted. “You know I’m a doctor myself.”
“Of what type?” the nurse questioned.
“Anthropology,” Boddy answered, “I have a few collection of bones and fossils in the collections room. Along some old tribal masks and somewhat.”

“Enough with the pleasantries.” Uncle Mortimer interrupted. “Nurse Sterling, would you do so kindly take me to my room.”
“Yessir,” the nurse said, and then proceeded to roll her patient to his room in his wheelchair.
Mr. Boddy noticed that she left her medical bag, and saw a very large scalpel.

———————————————————————
My dearest Daisy,
I do hope you be willing to join me at Boddy Mansion this Christmas.
I feel like it’s be months see we last seen each other.
New England is beautiful this time of year. Besides, I have a little surprise for you.

Your love,
John

P.S. My Uncle Mortimer is visiting for the holidays. I hope you don’t mind.

Mlle. Daisy re-read the letter her lover John Boddy in the lounge.
She brushed her platinum blonde hair as she thought of what surprise Mr. Boddy had in store for her.
A necklace, diamond earrings, or maybe an engagement ring.
Then she remembered one other thing about the letter: Mortimer Boddy.
Mortimer Boddy, such a unpleasant man she thought. So stuck-up, so veil, so... Mortimer.

She sat on the red chaise chair. She need to think.
The only way for her and John to live happily ever after is that Uncle Mortimer is out of the way.
She looks around the pink, feminine room, and happen to spot a fire poker near the fireplace .

Nurse Sterling
Mlle. Daisy

Fire Poker
Scalpel

Lounge
Collection Room

Edit: Changed the rooms and weapons as requested
Thanks Jonathan for changing the rooms and adding the Scalpel but we already have a fire poker could you change it sorry :oops: :oops: :( :( :(

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

How about a Letter Opener instead.

Mr_Suspect88
Spy

Post by Mr_Suspect88 »

Jonathan Green wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:12 am How about a Letter Opener instead.
Perfect 👍, I’ll dispense the cards later and then we’ll begin