The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Post Reply
User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

ImageImage

You approach the young lady, but keep a respectful distance. No telling how inebriation may affect her. "I'm happy you're doing well," you say gently. "Do you know how Birch's recovery is going?"

"Which recovery...?"

You blink twice. There's no way she's forgotten, is there? "From the injuries he sustained, I mean."

She looks aside, playing with the bottle in her hand. "He's gonna be okay, yeah? The nurse said he'd be fine, so... so he'll be fine." You aren't surprised to hear her trying to convince herself.

"You said 'which' recovery, correct?" You pry. "Did you mean that Birch is going through recovery from something else, as well?"

"That is... a curious idea," Ashe says. "What else would a boy that young require recovery for?"

>"Cataracts"
>"Anemia"
>"A genetic condition"
>"Poisoning"
>"His parents"
ImageImageImageImage

Online
Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6890
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

I'm gonna say Genetic Condition (but I think Parents might be right)

User avatar
BBP
Senior Detective
Posts: 1020
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by BBP »

Poisoning...

...well, airplane food...

Online
Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6890
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

(Just to double check - do we have a room and a suitcase)

Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 2146
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Jonathan Green »

No. Now that you mention it, where was Mlle. Carbon and us (Agent Glass) given that there was only servant rooms, that for Ash, White, and Rusty

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

"I'm going to say he has some form of genetic condition, given his eyes and skin. Is this correct?"

ImageImage

"Well his eyes are kinda fine," she admits, "that's just their color. But uh, yeah. Birch has had sickle cell disease since birth. It's pretty bad, especially his anemia."

"But you said he was recovering from something else, I don't believe there's a cure for sickle cell. I think what he actually needs recovery from is his upbringing... his parents."

She somberly nods.

Image

"All they care about is doing sleazy things with their work." Miss Peach leans on the wall. "I don't think they wanted a kid, just like, a decoration for their political careers. Something to like, look like a happy family. They don't hit him or nothing, but they... they're strict. Like, strict. If he scrеws up they screech at him, call him useless but don't actually help him, just..." The sentance fizzles off. "He says he's scared of them - You saw that, right? You saw how strict he gets? That's not a kid man, that's not right."

She takes a drink. "He died once, y'know."

"D-died, you say?"

She nods. "They left him alone and he hit his head on the sink, and when their maid came in, he was barely hanging on. He got to the hospital but like, he lost so much blood he was dead for a few minutes."

Ashe holds one hand calmly over his chest. "That's horrible, ma'am."

"And now they won't let him be alone, like, ever!!! Unless he's pooping, yeah, but they started paying out the аss for all these nannies so he'd always. ALWAYS. have someone with him. They sometimes even get like, guys to go to his school or something, to make sure he's actually there, like they're spies or something. They're not as bad about that anymore but... what was I getting at? Whatever, they suck, his parents are bitсhes."

It doesn't make sense to you, not yet. "If they keep such a strict watch, then why would they allow you in particular to escort him away for several days?"

She's quiet.

"...Hey uh, guys? They're in DC right now, so- so they don't know Birch took a vacation."

"What?!" Ashe barks, shock breaking his stone demeanor.

Peach just holds her head in her hands. "I was thrilled he asked me, he's never broken rules THIS much! You know why he likes me, cause it's not the coroner studies stuff. I mean- I mean yeah, he likes death, but no! It's 'cause I help him break rules. Because- because if he doesn't start now he'll probably be stuck with them forever, he'll NEVER break out! I let him watch dumb cartoons and listen to rock music with rude fuсkwords in 'em, and you know what, he's getting better, he's breaking free! So yeah, we- we snuck out to a vacation - when's the last time you think he got a real vacation? If it's not school, he doesn't leave the house. Ever."

Ashe backs up sheepishly. "I'm- I'm sorry."

"Good. And Birch likes going out too, he deserves better! He likes the park, he likes the library, heck, I even brought him to a punk show once."

"You took an eight-year old-" You and Ashe blurt in unison. She pou-pous you both.

"We just- just sat at the bar, I was with him of course. He had his first cola there, too. He loves cola."

"Please tell me- tell me that wasn't the bar fight you got into."

She shakes her head. "No. Haaah, 'bar fight,' like there was only one, you gotta narrow it down. Ѕhit gets real in the pit." Despite both of you wearing open concern, she's smiling through her tipsy fog, and holds her hands in the sign of the horns. "Old-school punk changes you. Agent Orange and Black Flag all the way."

Of course, the wealthy politicians would seem like a safer parenting choice than some street punk, and her actions have been questionable. And yet she speaks with such passion, such anger about protecting him...

Image

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Choose a partner
>Use an item
>Move (Grand hall/ Gallery / Laundry / Servant's hall / Library / Study / Billiard room / Parlor / Doctor's office / Go upstairs / Exit the building)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Online
Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6890
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

Ask Ashe and Peach if they saw the Nun anywhere recently

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

ImageImage

"Thank you for the information. I wanted to ask Sister Silver some questions, have either of you seen her?"

"We just heard her, ehm... interesting vocal noises from the hall," Ashe says, trying to be polite about it.

"I think she went out the front door..." Miss Peach gazes thoughtfully through the hall entrance, yet doesnt expunge her thoughts. She thought she saw the sister after Birch's shooting, perhaps she still has suspicions?

Image

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Choose a partner
>Use an item
>Move (Grand hall/ Gallery / Laundry / Servant's hall / Library / Study / Billiard room / Parlor / Doctor's office / Go upstairs / Exit the building)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 2146
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Jonathan Green »

Head outside to the armillary sphere

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

You bid them adieu, but Miss Peach follows out the door as well. She walks away mumbling something about needing fresh air.

Image

You startle a shrimp of a man hovering near the fountain.

Image

"Dr. Mandarin, you look distracted." You ask. "Are you looking for something."

"YES!!!!!!!" He gives you a big smile and an over-peppy thumbs up. "Dr. Bev said if Rusty was killed, there must be a crime scene, so we're searching!! Maybe if we search closely, we can find it, and figure out who killed him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You hold a finger to your own chin thoughtfully. "He was disposed of in the ocean, couldn't that imply a crime on the beach, or by one of the ocean cliffs? Why are you searching inland?"

His eyes bug out as he holds his big toothy grin shut. He slowly raises his thumb up again, hand wavering in embarrasment. "F-FABULOUS LOGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Choose a partner
>Use an item
>Move (Arcade / Courtyard / Ascent / Crossroad)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Online
Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6890
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

Actually, I've got a BAD feeling. Go to the front Hall via the Front entrance

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

You get a terrible feeling in the pit of your stomach, and double back, leaving Mandarin to his likely fruitless search.

Image

Miss Peach and Sister Silver are frozen on the front walkway, staring at one another. Miss Peach's eyes are tight, scrutinizing through filtered anger. Silver just looks back with that goofy look on her face. Dr. Orchid appears to be doing some kind of search around the tool shed.

Image

You expect the worst, and find... oh thank goodness, nothing out of the ordinary. Just one corpse, everything's fine

>Examine Madame Rose's corpse
>Examine
>Search
>Use an item
>Move (Dining room / Lounge / Hallway / Exit the building)
>Other
>Call Spectra
ImageImageImageImage

CluedoKid
Con Artiste
Posts: 17644
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:05 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by CluedoKid »

Cop a feel on Rose's corpse (It's what she always wanted)
SUPPORT - Follow my progress of my expanded Clue edition -
www.patreon.com/gothicgreenhouse

Image

Online
Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6890
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

Or we can go back outside and tell Sister Silver about her Grandfather and Vietnam

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

You gaze across the waterlogged corpse before you. You could use a little tension relief, you know that. You reach out your hand to the lady floating before you and, as you've always wanted to try, grope her body.

Across the face. With the palm of your hand, and the back, and the palm again. The rage of over a decade of searching, investigating, trying to topple this fluorescent monster spills out, and you build an incredible rhythm slapping her over-applied makeup senseless.

bappita bappita bappita bappita bappita bappita bappita bappita bappita bappita bappita bappita

Image

A good chunk of frustration and stress now taken out on the flamboyant nightmare, you step away, shaking your hand in pain. Aaah, such sweet revenge!

"Alright," you say to yourself, "No rest for the wicked."
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

You step out the front doors again. Sister Silver looks dazed, intimidated by the stumbling woman on the other side of Plum's corpse. You approach the holy woman with caution.

Image

"Oh!" She mutters, taking an instinctive step backwards as she notices you approach. "H-hello, Mister Didit. How is your shoulder?"

"It burns, but it is functioning." You bow your head. "I apologize for the timing, but I need to ask you a question about your family."

She swallows, holding her head high despite her nerves.

"I have recieved some information about events that occurred in Vietnam around forty years ago. Your grandfather, Kenneth Grey I, served in a specific squadron in Vietnam."

"...Yes. Yes, I'm not aware of the details, ehm..."

With performed pity in your eyes, you look up at her. "I'm ashamed to tell you that your grandfather was responsible for war crimes in Vietnam."

"........."

Image

Sister Silver's reactions of shock have been, to this point, bold and mildly ridiculous. Yet instead she looks away with contemplation. Such a different response.

"Were you already aware...?"

She coughs once. "I was made aware around the age of eighteen," she admits. "Grandfather was drunk, drunk on his money-sink of a liquor collection. Kenny of course, he was so happy to listen to his dear, brave grandfather," she says, contempt leeching off her serious tone. "I couldn't believe the things he had spoken of, such vileness. Was it- was it Lillani, was that the village?"

"It was the village of Linh Lan."

She shakes her head. "Grandmother was a god-fearing woman, as was my dear mother, but grandfather's religion was- he was no Christian, he was no man of the Lord. He admits to stabbing a- I'll spare you his racial slurs," she mutters quickly, "but he spoke in detail to his actions that night. I believe he was proud, even." Her lips are pulled tight.

You nod your head painfully. "You and your brother have my deepest sympathies."

"T-thank you," she says tactfully. "I could only leave the house that day. It is as 1 Corinthians 5:11 says; 'But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, or drunkard, or... ...'"

Sister Silver fumbles at the end, giving a short sigh of exasperation. "I'm a terrible sister," she admits. "A lady who cannot remember her verses is useless to a monestary. Yet the Lord has blessed me with continued acceptance under his roof, and I believe I belong here. I cannot return to my family again, knowing what I know of my blood."

"But you flew here with your brother."

She bites her lip in tension. "Kenny is... dense." She tries and fails to sugarcoat her words. "Sweet but naive. I believe he's been in denial about Grandfather's actions. I don't believe he had a- a dark heart, sir. 'Everyone who hates his brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.' I believe that's 1 John 3:15."

Sister Silver looks to the ground in pain. "We inherited the same guilt. And if the Lord can trust in me, I believe- I believe Kenny had good in him too."

"I'm truly sorry for your loss, Sister."

She wipes her face with the end of her sleeves. "Thank you," she mumbles, attempting to keep her eyes from watering.

Image

>Examine Professor Plum's corpse
>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Choose a partner
>Use an item
>Move (Garden shed / Runway / Beach / Crossroad / Enter the building)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Online
Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6890
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

You know what, let's do a CK suggestion here. Kick Plum in the nuts

Actual suggestion, Go to the Shed, see what Orchid is doing

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

With absolutely no regard for anything, you walk up to Plum's crusty old body and kick him square in the giblets.

ImageImage

"What on earth?!" Sister Silver stammers.

"Haaaaah!!" Miss Peach laughs, grinning ear to ear.

"What in God's name are you doing to the body?!" Silver begins to scold. "This is DESECRATION of a body, it-"

"Sister, sister, it's alright. He was a war criminal too."

"... ... ...Oh." She stands straight and calms down at the information. At least you're all in agreement on your minimal empathy. Slapping a devil and kicking a war criminal, it's been a very productive day.

You step away, and Miss Peach being vaguely amused follows you up the path.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

Dr. Orchid has stood hovering near the ride mower, cautiously looking back at you and the two ladies along the path. Now that you approach, she stands facing you directly.

Image

"Mister Didit," she greets. "Oh, hello, Charlie."

"You seem to be looking for something, is there something I can help you with?"

Image

Orchid nods, and motions to the bent faucet in the grass. "It looks like there is blood on the handle," she says. "So I wonder if this is where the gardener was... where he was killed," she rushes over the last few words. "I'm searching for anything that might give us a hint."

"Do you have anything in mind?"

She shrugs. "I'm not sure. A signed confession would be convenient, but I'm happy with any incriminating clue."

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Choose a partner
>Use an item
>Move (Front walkway / Beach / Landing strip)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 2146
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Jonathan Green »

Search behind it

Post Reply