The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

BBP
Senior Detective

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by BBP »

Changed my vote to Emerald and Ashe. Ashe is the one who assigned Rusty's room to you so he was in the know that he wouldn't be there.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

All your suspects are in a row. You follow the remaining soldiers into the Uranus bedroom.

Miss Scarlet nods at you as you enter, closing the door behind you. The captain wants to escape, but with both of you near the door and Mustard in control of the situation, he's stuck. Reverend Green stares out the window, saying nothing as Colonel Mustard berates him.

ImageImageImage

"Green, you're gonna give us answers now," Mustard screams at the shivering Reverend. "You want me to tell your daughter, or will you be a man about it?"

Green is unmoved.

Brown swallows heavily. "Why- why are you forcing him like this, do you want to break his daughter's heart...?"

"I'm not worried about my heart," Scarlet says sternly. "I just want to know the truth, whatever it is."

"We're all dying and you'll deny your girl her wish? You wanna die and leave her wondering forever?!" Mustard thumps his cane heavily on the ground, getting a jolt of surprise from Reverend Green. "Answer me, Emmett, dаmnit! Quit cowering and treat your daughter like a lady!"

It seems Green is intent on not speaking. These three men hold the answers, you'll need to hear his truth somehow.

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Choose a partner
>Use an item
>Move (F2 Hallway / B1 Hallway)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

First off, if we can lock the door - I don't want Black bursting in.
Second, show everyone the file "Reverend, this is the file about the operation in Vietnam - the choice is yours, either tell your "daughter" the truth or I'll let her read it herself"
Thirdly, get everyone to sit on a bed - I'm very nervous about windows at the moment.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

You twist the door lock behind you. Now is no time for interruptions.

ImageImageImage

"Miss Scarlet, I'd like you to have a look at this," you say, holding the accordion folder to the young lady. "Mr. Boddy had this extensive file, detailing US actions in Linh Lan."

All three men's eyes turn to you. Reverend Green is particularly horrified, eyes practically bulging from their sockets.

"Reverend, this is the file about the operation in Vietnam - the choice is yours, either tell your "daughter" the truth or I'll let her read it herself."

"No...!" Green gasps, body tense. "Please, please don't read that Eudora, I'll- Don't read that!"

"Then you need to tell me the truth."

Green is awash in shock and terror. "You should sit down," you say, gently guiding the Reverend over to the beds. As fragile as he is at the moment, he puts up no resistance, and you are easily able to guide him away from the window.

"You too, Brown," Mustard says, pushing the bushy-bearded gentleman over to the beds.

The colonel, Eudora, and yourself sit facing the captain and the reverend. Three interrogators for two horrified witnesses. All the answers are mere words away.

Miss Scarlet stares unwavering into her fathers eyes. "Tell us what happened in Linh Lan."

Reverend Green's breathing is shaky. But with the barest minimum of composure, he manages to begin speaking.

"Linh Lan was a ehm... an allied village. I think it was a hamlet, a small farming village in the countryside."
ImageImageImageImage

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

-APRIL 9th, 1967
-LINH LAN, VIETNAM

"It was an accident. That's all it was, an accident at first. The few dozen residents were polite to us as we walked through, we were only supposed to visit the village as a safe space to rest.

I never learned their names, but I saw... I saw one of them fight with one of our fellow soldiers, that was Grey's grandfather. He dropped a cigarette in the fields and a few plants were singed, it was a small mistake. But Kenneth was always aggressive, and when the farmer got close to him, he... Kenneth I mean, he-"

Mustard clears his throat. "Grey grabbed his knife and stabbed him. He bled out and died at his feet."

Brown says nothing, but shakes his head to himself.

"In that- in that moment!" Green suddenly puts power behind his voice, panic seething through his attempt to remain calm. "We were guilty of a war crime, all of us. And the villagers all witnessed it, so they were all witnesses, and our commander- Commander Spruce, he told us to..."

All three hesitate to say it aloud. "...we were told to kill 'em all." Brown chokes out.

Eudora and yourself refuse to respond. You notice her white-knuckled grip on the bed sheets.

"I- The village, it was- we were given orders, and we had to follow, but we- I didn't kill anyone, I couldn't! We were told not to shoot anyone, but they were supposed to be killed, and... and soon they were barking orders and lighting fires, the whole village was being burnt!"

"No shooting?" Miss Scarlet asks at a pause, voice barely audible.

"Any bullets would match our guns." Colonel Mustard adds. "Plan was to blame it on the Viet Cong, couldn't leave any evidence behind."

"But I heard one! I heard a gunshot!!" Green sputters. "Plum- Plum was running into a stilt house, and then I heard a bang! So I ran in, and there was- was..."

Green's face is going bright red. "Plum was standing over a young woman, she'd been- she was shot once, she was still twitching in pain. But she was trying to protect her child! Her child, there was an infant, sleeping peacefully on the cabin floor!!"

"Breathe slowly," Miss Scarlet says with a relative calm. "An infant?"

"A tiny little boy, maybe six months old at most, oh! I- I punched Plum in the face, I'm ashamed to say, but it had to be done, he would have shot that child! He was swaddled in these bright gold cloths, I couldn't- I couldn't let him die with the rest of his village!"

Green stammers, breathing in gasping, heavy breaths that rattle his old body. Several words come out, but as he struggles to stay composed, it takes great effort to begin a proper sentence again. "There's... so much fear," he says, "all I can hear are my breaths, just like then. All I can hear is my own breathing!"

"I heard the flames topple their stilted homes, and heard their screams as they were- oh, I heard it, but all I heard was my breathing as I ran, ran with that child in my arms.

Run. I could barely think, all my brain told me was to run. I felt blood at my boots and watched as that poor community was massacred like farm animals, but I couldn't let go! I swaddled that baby and ran away, hoping I could find somewhere it would be- it would be spared, that poor poor child. I ran through carnage and clamour, fire and fear, as the scene of our crimes ever disappeared into the distance.

And so... and so time passed from that day. But I could never forget, fate could- could never forget."

His thick fingers are wrenched together, hands wringing at one another, eyes closed tight with a vice grip. "I ran into the- the dark night, back to the last town we'd visited. I couldn't tell them was had happened, I- I left the infant boy there at a village home, and collapsed to the ground. I think the adrenaline, it wore off, and I..."

He cannot bring himself to say more.
ImageImageImageImage

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Mustard continues the story, staring down into nothing. "Your daddy went AWOL for days," he coughs. "No one asked his motives. He was dishonorably discharged, just like Brown. Never heard his crimes."

You notice Brown similarly struggling like Green, but refrain for now. "And what about you, Colonel? What did you do?"

He closes his eyes pensively, if only for a few seconds. "You don't earn medals for disobeying orders," he says gravely. "We were ordered to kill, no shooting. I can't be proud of the man I am. We all do things we aren't proud of."

Miss Scarlet is unimpressed. "We all make mistakes, sure," she says, fidgeting with her earring. "But you can't just 'whoops' away war crimes."

"You don't understand," he says, waving one hand dismissively at her. "Hope you never do. Pretty girls shouldn't see these things."

"And what did you do after?"

"Our commander died fighting. I took the reigns and lead us back to base. Old boys told us what story we were supposed to tell, and we told it. Linh Lan was Viet Cong. That's all anyone heard."

All anyone heard, huh? But of course, there's one more question revolving around Linh Lan that no one's answered.

"In the aftermath of Linh Lan," you begin, "did any of you become familiar with something known as The Golden Goddess?"

Mustard shakes his head. Green sniffs. "I- I don't know much about south Asian religions," the preacher says.

"And you, captain?"

For this conversation, Brown has been panic-ridden, whole body almost curled into a fetal position. Swear pours from his forehead, limbs visibly shaking in horror.

He bolts. With surprising speed, Brown jolts up from the bed, and makes a panicked rush for the door, fumbling with the lock as he attempts to escape. "GERMAINE!!" He screams, throwing the door open.

"Get back here, Greg...!!!" Mustard screams, hobbling over to the door in chase. Green sits pensively, looking to his daughter with watery, guilt-ladened eyes.

ImageImage

"Eudora... Eudora, forgive me, I didn't kill anyone. I swear, I didn't kill anyone in Linh Lan." He begs. Pleads, both hands gently cupping one of her own. "Please forgive me."

Miss Scarlet refuses to say whether she will, but the confused sorrow in her eyes is unmistakable.

"For what it's worth, Reverend," you say. "I have every reason to believe that the infant you saved on that day was our host, Mister Boddy."

He stares at you, equal parts terror and confusion. "Bu-but how, why? How does that... oh Lord have mercy, are you sure?!"

"How do you know that?" Miss Scarlet snaps. But you stay quiet. The story of Linh Lan has been laid bare. And yet the Goddess at its core, the greatest mystery of all, still remains unanswered.

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Choose a partner
>Use an item
>Move (F2 Hallway / B1 Hallway)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Let's leave the bedroom, give the 3 time to compose themselves

chaosemerald
Spy

Post by chaosemerald »

I just don’t know who our murderers might be, I’m thinking it isn’t Scarlett or Orchid, but I don’t know. I think we should check on Birch, I’m worried about him.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

I believe we should also find Sister Silver and ask her about her grandfather, Kenneth Gray I.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"I'll leave you two be," you say, and step out the suite door.

ImageImage

"Get back here, Greg!!" The colonel follows you out, barking at the long-gone captain. You can hear him briskly descend the stairwell. Mrs. White stands to the side, scandalized and mildly confused.

"What the hеll is going on this time?!" She flaps in bewilderment.

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Choose a partner
>Use an item
>Move (Guest room / Elevator / Go downstairs)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

"It's a long story Mrs. White, how's everyone doing inside?"

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"It's a long story Mrs. White, how's everyone doing inside?"

"Just fine, they should all still be alive."

There's a beat of realization as she knocks twice on the door. "EVERYONE STILL ALIVE IN THERE?"

"WE ARE ALL STILL ALIVE," Azure shouts from within.

"They're still alive."

"....Thank you, Mrs. White. And what about Miss Peach, she was speaking with you earlier."

Mrs. White's lips tighten in thought. She averts your gaze, looking over at the Saturn bedroom. "She's not handling it well. That room Birch was in before, that purple room? She ran in there and raided the fridge, she was carrying all these teeny tiny wine bottles around. I don't want that young girl gettin' sloshed, but what am I gonna do, tell her it'll be okay, give her some trite saying that doesn't help anyone? If she wants comfort I won't stop her."

"How old is Miss Peach again?"

"Twenty," she says matter-of-factly. She catches your gaze. "Hey, don't be a narc, like you didn't drink in college too!"

"I was raised in France, you can purchase wine at 16."

She coughs. "Double standards," she mumbles.

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Choose a partner
>Use an item
>Move (Guest room / Elevator / Go downstairs)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Go up to Colonel Mustard.

"You know, you are always cranky, I noticed."

Dab some pink blush on his cheeks.

"There you go, you big cuddly sourpuss!"
SUPPORT - Follow my progress of my expanded Clue edition -
www.patreon.com/gothicgreenhouse

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

CluedoKid wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:09 pm Go up to Colonel Mustard.

"You know, you are always cranky, I noticed."

Dab some pink blush on his cheeks.

"There you go, you big cuddly sourpuss!"
You think Mustard is bad, I hate to think what Black would be like now

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

"Have either of you two seen the Nun around lately?"

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

Gotta add - I love how Brown is still wearing the Junior Fliers Pin! 8)

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"You know, you are always cranky, I noticed." You say bluntly to the grumbling old coot.

With no regard for anything, you clumsily plap blush across Mustard's wrinkled old cheeks. "There you go, you big cuddly sourpuss!"

He does not seem amused.

"I bear... my SOUL," his whispers, seething, "and you repay me with- I-" Rather than words, most of what he pronounces are desperate huffs as he struggles to find the right insult. "I will crush you!!! Stomp you like a bug, boy, you horrible little... You useless, disrespectful WORM!! I am a COLONEL, and you WILL RESPECT ME!!!"

"I don't respect your style choices, that pink's not your color."

The world goes fuzzy as you are violently, deservedly bitсhslapped for your idiocy. Even if your vision is a bit blurred, the sounds of Mrs. White's cackling and Mustard slamming his room door are crystal clear.

Mrs. White helps you to your feet. "You're an idiot, Diddy, I'm glad you're still here!!" She laughs with no restraint. "The hеll was that supposed to accomplish?"

You steady yourself. "I wanted to cheer him up, just make him laugh."

"Sure made me laugh! Only thing funnier'd be if he'd slap that silver girl, she's a right pain to listen to!"

Sister Silver... "That's right, Mrs. White, have you seen the nun around lately?"

She shrugs. "Went downstairs and hasn't come back up. Off doing nun things I guess."

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Choose a partner
>Use an item
>Move (Go downstairs)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Then we go downstairs to find the sister - old habits die hard but since she's young, she might be easier to kill

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Back on the ground floor, you don't find the young lady you expected. Instead you see Ashe talking to a bratty Miss Peach, toting a backpack rattling with wine bottles.

ImageImage

"...And he- he's just a kid!" Miss Peach is ranting, tipsy if not fully drunk. "But nooooooo, half of 'babysitting' him is just teaching him that garbage! Who needs constellations? What in heck is a Charles Baudelaire?!"

"I'm sure... I'm sure master Birch is happy to learn these things, his parents surely mean well."

"No they ain't!" She bites back petulantly. "They're just whiny and mean and I hate them, they- they're all... .... ..."

She doesn't finish her sentance, finishing off some rosé. Ashe clears his throat. "I truly- I truly implore that you do not engage in underage drinking, ma'am, there are healthier ways to cope."

Miss Peach just gives him a death glare over the end of the bottle. These two are some of the people you know the least about - both of them, and the parents Miss Peach is prattling on about...

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Choose a partner
>Use an item
>Move (Grand hall/ Gallery / Laundry / Servant's hall / Library / Study / Billiard room / Parlor / Doctor's office / Go upstairs / Exit the building)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Ask Peach about Birch's recovery