Interactive Clue Fansite with Game Information/Instructions

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

TheButlerButInnocent
Snoop

Interactive Clue Fansite with Game Information/Instructions

Post by TheButlerButInnocent »

Does anyone recall a Clue fansite set up like a point-and-click game? This would have been in the mid-aughts, I think. I remember the pages were set up like the rooms of the mansion with images of furniture, the weapons and the suspects. You would click on doors, and you would go to other rooms. Sometimes, if you clicked on images of furniture or decorations, you would be taken to a page with a clue, and I think there was a whole mystery set up. I also remember there being pages for each of the games of Clue with a bunch of information, including full rulebooks.

I'm asking for a couple reasons: (1) I'm curious if this site existed or if I'm conflating/confusing it with someone else, (2) I was considering creating a point-and-click mystery and wanted to see how this one worked (assuming it was real) and (3) I recall there being the full card set of the 60 mysteries in the 2006 Clue Suspects game, which I have not been able to find online anywhere else. I have located the instructions pamphlet but not the cards with each scenario.

Any assistance anyone could provide would be appreciated. I have prepared myself for the possibility that, even if this fansite existed, the domain has probably expired, but if anyone remembers the URL, perhaps the Wayback Machine crawled it once or twice.

cacums
Ringer

Re: Interactive Clue Fansite with Game Information/Instructions

Post by cacums »

Oh yes! I spent many many hours on there. We on the forum, during it's prime, would try to find every cannon room and race to solve the overall mystery. But the website also had info on every game, book, printable notepads, instructions, etc. It was organized so wonderfully.

Sadly the website isn't active anymore. Or at least last time I checked, and that was several years ago.

If someone remembers the site address or can find the forum topic, perhaps the host has renewed or put it back up again.

If not, maybe it can be run through an web-archive viewer.

Mr. Sterling Silver
Private Eye

Post by Mr. Sterling Silver »

It was called "Welcome to Boddy Manor" and was at freewebs.com/moviemanpa. The site went down a long time ago, but can still be accessed through the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20090123204 ... moviemanpa. Some, but not all, of the graphics are still there, I think. I loved that site; I was very proud of myself for being the first person to send the creator a completely correct solution to his online mystery. I still have the email he sent me letting me know.

DgNoah1981
Suspect

Post by DgNoah1981 »

For point 3 ) What do you want to know about the game?

TheButlerButInnocent
Snoop

Post by TheButlerButInnocent »

Mr. Sterling Silver wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:47 am It was called "Welcome to Boddy Manor" and was at freewebs.com/moviemanpa. The site went down a long time ago, but can still be accessed through the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20090123204 ... moviemanpa. Some, but not all, of the graphics are still there, I think. I loved that site; I was very proud of myself for being the first person to send the creator a completely correct solution to his online mystery. I still have the email he sent me letting me know.
Thank you! That was the site! I'm surprised that a decent amount of it is maintained on the Wayback Machine. Surprised but very happy.
DgNoah1981 wrote: For point 3 ) What do you want to know about the game?
The text of each of the 60 mystery cards. Unfortunately, the Wayback Machine doesn't seem to have crawled that page. The page with the gameplay instructions is available, but that pamphlet is also available on Winning Moves' website. I have been looking for a copy of the game for a while either online or secondhand and had no luck with either.