How would you imagine a “Guest White”?

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

How would you imagine a “Guest White”?

Post by Jonathan Green »

How you imagine Mrs. White if she was no longer the Housekeeper/Maid/Cook of Mr. Boddy/Dr.Black?

I see her as a French gourmet chef and Mr. Boddy’s wife.
I still see her as hard-working like her servant counterpart. She should be independent, practical, and witty.
Honesty, Hasbro should do this for a “Morden” White, as it can be a little nod to her first version, the house cook.
A celebrity chef makes much more sense then a forgotten child star (DTS) or a lawyer (2012/2014).

As for a servant White, I see her as this:
Mrs. White is a young, widowed house maid who is infatuated with Dr. Black’s nephew (who may/may not be Boddy), who is the next in line for the Black fortune.

Also I have this to note about Mrs. White’s role as a servant:

Housekeeper:
Responsible for the house and its appearance; in charge of all female servants, but can sometimes be the lead servant in a household. The housekeeper is always addressed as "Mrs", regardless of her marital status.

Chef/Cook:
In charge of the kitchen and kitchen staff. Sometimes a chef is employed with several subordinate cooks. The cook usually reports directly to the lady of the house but sometimes to the housekeeper. If the cook is a woman, she is always addressed as "Mrs", regardless of her marital status.

Maid:
Now they’re are several types of maids, but it looks like she’s a house maid.

Head house-maid: the senior house maid, reporting to the Housekeeper. (Also called "House parlour maid" in an establishment with only one or two upstairs maids).

Parlour maid: they cleaned and tidied reception rooms and living areas by morning, and often served refreshments at afternoon tea, and sometimes also dinner. They tidied studies and libraries, and (with footmen) answered bells calling for service.[7]

Chamber maid: they cleaned and maintained the bedrooms, ensured fires were lit in fireplaces, and supplied hot water.

Laundry maid: they maintained bedding and towels. They also washed, dried, and ironed clothes for the whole household, including the servants.

Under house parlour maid: the general deputy to the house parlour maid in a small establishment which had only two upstairs maids.

As for the other maid roles:

Nursery maid: also an "upstairs maid", but one who worked in the children's nursery, maintaining fires, cleanliness, and good order. Reported to the Nanny rather than the Housekeeper.

Kitchen maid: a "below stairs" maid who reported to the Cook, and assisted in running the kitchens.
Head kitchen maid: where multiple kitchen maids were employed, the "head kitchen maid" was effectively a deputy to the cook, engaged largely in the plainer and simpler cooking (sometimes cooking the servants' meals).

Under kitchen maid: where multiple kitchen maids were employed these were the staff who prepared vegetables, peeled potatoes, and assisted in presentation of finished cooking for serving.

Scullery maid: the lowest grade of "below stairs" maid, reporting to the cook, the scullery maids were responsible for washing cutlery, crockery, and glassware, and scrubbing kitchen floors, as well as monitoring ovens while kitchen maids ate their own supper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_house
http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/servantwages.htm
https://countryhousereader.wordpress.c ... hierarchy/

coinilius
Detective

Re: How would you imagine a “Guest White”?

Post by coinilius »

I actually quite like the idea of her being a famous chef as well, it's one I've come around on since you mentioned it previously Jonathan as an idea, as it is indeed a nice reference to her history as a cook in the original game.

MajorHoy
Slueth

Post by MajorHoy »

Why couldn't she be the former maid/cook of another rich person who had been murdered, but White suddenly became well-off when her previous employer passed away and left her all of his/her wealth?

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I think the idea of her being a family member could be an interesting take. An elderly aunt. A middle aged sister. A young cousin. The possibilities are endless.

cluedoking123
Senior Detective
Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

Post by cluedoking123 »

I think in the Swedish version of the show Mrs. White had a cook book published and was kind of a celebrity because of it.
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

cluedoking123 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:48 pm I think in the Swedish version of the show Mrs. White had a cookbook published and was kind of a celebrity because of it.
That episode was based on an Australian episode, Poison Pen, the motive was that Mrs. White had a cookbook published and the journalist, Bruno Fume knew the recipe despite not reading the book because Mrs. White plagiarized the recipes as her own

PrinceAlarming
Private Eye

Post by PrinceAlarming »

tenor.gif
tenor.gif (229.1 KiB) Viewed 597 times