Clue Disney Villians Edition Park Exclusive

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

ragstorichesfan
Snoop

Clue Disney Villians Edition Park Exclusive

Post by ragstorichesfan »

So this is now a thing. It looks nice. It's the original Clue board set up. I have pictures on my Clue Ultimate Fansite on Facebook if someone could,please format the pics for here.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Re: Clue Disney Villians Edition Park Exclusive

Post by Jonathan Green »

The Villains are up to no good once again, causing mischief and mayhem within their vile realms. A mysterious spell has opened the passages to nine realms once forbidden to the six diabolical Villains, and now each wants what the other has. Do you dare enter the Villain’s Lairs to figure out which Villain stole which enchanted object and uncover where it is hidden?

https://theop.games/products/game/clue ... -villains/

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Kind of cool looking, I like the playing pieces, weapon tokens and the book design for the box - the board is kind of meh but it all fits with the Disney Villains theme and works well enough.

A little off-topic but I'd love a Disneyland/Disney World theme park based Clue, where the rooms are based on the rides.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

This looks alright BUT if you want a Disney Villain game, I HIGHLY recommend Villainous and the 3 expansions. You take control as a Villain and to win, you need to be the first villain to accomplice there Disney specific objective.

With the base game and the 3 expansions, you have a total of 15 villainous
BASE = King John, Captain Hook, Jafar, Queen of Hearts, Ursula, Maleficent
Wicked to the core = Evil Queen, Hades, Dr. Falicier
Evil comes prepared = Scar, Yzma, Ratagan
Perfectly Wretched = Curella De Vil, Pete, Mother Gothrel

The expansions can be played without the base game

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Also, the board layout looks awful. Ursula has a big disadvantage and the rooms are missing a lot of entrances/exits

Just counted for Ursula, you cannot enter a room on your first turn, even if you roll a 12 - the only way she'd be able to make a suggestion on her first turn is if someone suggests her

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

This made me think of Villainous straight away as well - that is a much better Disney Villain inspired game for sure!

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

I hate this board so much. It’s just the basic cookie cutter board. With a cut and paste approach. The value here is in the pieces.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

The pieces are very nice - I have picked up board games solely because I like the art on the board, and this one... yech, I’d be looking to combine those pieces with another game lol

ragstorichesfan
Snoop

I bought the Villanous game,but we didn't really have much fun playing it. I would prefer the rooms on board to be a little more in depth besides a screen capture. The weapons are fantastic though. This is far from the worst design though

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

As someone who owns the Tower of Terror edition, the board is a MAJOR disappointment.
Also I would have made:

Clayton (Tarzan) - Yellow
Mother Gothel (Tangled) - Blue
Judge Frollo (Hunchback) - Green

ragstorichesfan
Snoop

I love the Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror editions. I really didn't like the Disney Cruise board though. I try to buy every edition as I find out about it. My least favorite U.S. edition I think would be the 24 edition.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror are both excellent boards - I didn’t know there was a Disney Cruise Clue edition?

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

coinilius wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:31 pm Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror are both excellent boards - I didn’t know there was a Disney Cruise Clue edition?
http://theartofmurder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4831

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Jonathan Green wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:33 pm
coinilius wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:31 pm Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror are both excellent boards - I didn’t know there was a Disney Cruise Clue edition?
http://theartofmurder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4831
Thanks I went through photos on the Ultimate Clue Fan Site on Facebook until I found some good photos of the board for that one lol

ragstorichesfan
Snoop

Thanks Coinilius.. I try to upload clear shots of my games and recheck them before I finalize posting. Still I need to update it a bit :)

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

ragstorichesfan wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:04 pm Thanks Coinilius.. I try to upload clear shots of my games and recheck them before I finalize posting. Still I need to update it a bit :)
Thank you for providing the photos!

cluedoking123
Senior Detective
Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

Post by cluedoking123 »

I have a MIGHTY NEED for this game.
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!

Lord Leo Le Blanc
Spy

Post by Lord Leo Le Blanc »

I'm glad they did 3 guys and 3 gals for this game. it's a pet peeve of mine when a licenced game has mostly male or mostly female characters. I always enjoyed how Clue had it even. other then that. i like the tokens. vary trophy.

PrinceAlarming
Private Eye

Post by PrinceAlarming »

I like the idea of this game but not the execution. Especially with layers of villains that aren't even in the game. Maybe something with a bit more originality like in Kingdom Hearts; this concept wasn't fleshed out much.

Maybe for a Disney Parks game, they could have a similar scenario to the Clue Lost In Vegas version.

The locations are the rides and you're running around the park trying to find a lost character who isn't a playable character.

The items could represent what the missing person was doing that got them separated; things that you can do in the park. An autograph book for getting autographs from Disney characters, A FastPass dispenser machine for getting a FastPass (or the Disney World MagicBand), a parade float for stopping to watch the parade, a Mickey pretzel for stopping to get food, Mouse ears for going shopping in the gift shop, a camera for taking photos of Hidden Mickeys.

There could be the question marks on the board and on the dice like in Discover the Secrets to draw cards that have themed events. That way the whole game feels like a day in the park. And to make a final accusation you have to go to the Center Hub in the middle of the board to find the lost person.

The suspects could be dressed as their favorite characters (Disney Bounding perhaps) like Miss Scarlet as Jessica Rabbit or Minnie Mouse, Mr Green as Peter Pan, Dr Orchid as Sleeping Beauty or Mulan, Mrs Peacock as Cinderalla, Col Mustard as Woody, Prof Plum as Aladdin. This way customers who aren't die hard Clue fans like us still see recognizable Disney characters in the playing pieces, but the whole concept makes a lot more sense. Another alternative could be the Parr family (Mr Incredible, Elastigirl, Violet, and Dash), Frozone, and Edna at the park trying to chase down Jack-Jack, and the items are instead Disney characters in the park that Jack-Jack loves and is following around.

The rides / locations should be found in both Disneyland and Disney World: Main Street, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Small World, Jungle Cruise, etc

The Secret Passages would be the train that circles the park
Last edited by PrinceAlarming on Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 15 times in total.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Princealarming - that is exactly the sort of Disney Park version of Clue I would like to see!