Let's Play Clue Murderer!

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Let's Play Clue Murderer!

Post by Sir Shamrock »

Introduction: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21765

The sun had set, the crickets were chirping, and the wind was calmly rustling the lose leaves in the countryside. At any other ordinary time, it would have been a relaxing night. But not in this case. The famed detective, Inspector Brown, made his last turn on the road leading to Boddy’s country house. “Here we go again.” he thought to himself.

After being greeted at the door by the butler, he quickly noticed all the mayhem that was happening. Guests loudly and blatantly accusing each other of murder. The staff running around dusting everything in sight for fingerprints, but using polish and rags instead of brushes. And poor Mr. Boddy sitting alone, in the corner, completely defeated.

The Inspector tried to get the attention of the room. “Evening all.”, he said. No one noticed him due to the commotion. “Ahem. Hello everyone.”, he tried again, but to no avail. Noticing the wooden chair, he climbed on top and yelled, “ATTENTION ALL! Please move yourselves to the Drawing Room for some coffee and fruit.”. Finally, something that grabbed their attention.

Everyone managed to calm themselves down once they got comfortable. Mr. Boddy whispered to him what had happened after dinner. Once Boddy was done, Inspector Brown got in front of everyone and explained the reason why he was called.

“As I’m sure you already know, there has been a murder. Businessman Mr. Franklin Mint has met his end here and I believe that one of you is responsible. That’s why I’m here. Now in order to solve this, we will be doing this bit by bit. Everyone will have a turn to speak. Before we get started, why don’t we introduce ourselves. Everyone, please identify yourselves, any relevant relationships you may have with the deceased or anyone else here, what rooms you were in leading up to the murder, possible weapons you noticed, or anything else that you think is important. Once we have that squared away, I will provide you with some more information, and talk with each of you one on one.”

Turn Order:
Mr_Suspect88
Miss Amelia Peach
Jonathan Green
ClueLover98
Inspector Brown (for announcements)

(Please introduce your characters, rooms and weapons. Once ClueLover98 is done, Inspector Brown will explain the rest of the rules, give everyone their cards, and also provide information throughout the game. Cue Mr_Suspect88)

Mr_Suspect88
Snoop

Re: Let's Play Clue Murderer!

Post by Mr_Suspect88 »

Hopefully I’m going it right..

“ Well I’ll go first, my name is Dr John Mango physician to Mr Boddy, former business partner and brother in law to the deceased. I had invested almost all my money in a business venture my brother in law was a sure thing it went belly up, my brother in law was not remorseful. I was in the Grand Foyer admiring the antique Shotgun that adorned the wall”.

“ My name is Miss Madeleine Silver, I’ve recently been hired as the new maid and I’m also an investigative journalist writing an expose on Mr Mint. I was in the Lavender Room, tidying up when I accidentally knocked over Dr Mangos medical bag spilling its contents along with the Stethoscope onto the floor”.

“ I’m Juliet Bronze, I’m a judge and fiancé to Dr Mango. I presided in a case many years ago surrounding Mr Mint and a business scam that resulted in millions of dollars gone missing and he was found not guilty by the jury. I believe otherwise, I was in the Duke’s Bedroom unpacking some of my things when I noticed I had a Golf Club belonging to Mr Mint among them”.

“I’m Senator Arthur Olive, Washington politician and friend to Mr Mint.I was invited by Mint, to discuss a sex scandal involving a young male intern and a member from my campaign. I was here in the Drawing Room,having some tea from a lovely heirloom Silver Teapot”.

Miss Amelia Peach
Snoop

Post by Miss Amelia Peach »

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I am Mistress Veronica Ravena, the master of the Ravena family. I look forward to all of your humility and hospitality throughout this evening." She smiled as she finished.

"I am Doctor Charlene Beige. You may have heard me on the news as the world's greatest doctor, but please, I prefer to be called Miss Beige. It's nice to meet you all." She bowed and moved over to Dr. Mango. "You're a doctor too, huh?"

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock »

Miss Amelia Peach wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:27 am "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I am Mistress Veronica Ravena, the master of the Ravena family. I look forward to all of your humility and hospitality throughout this evening." She smiled as she finished.

"I am Doctor Charlene Beige. You may have heard me on the news as the world's greatest doctor, but please, I prefer to be called Miss Beige. It's nice to meet you all." She bowed and moved over to Dr. Mango. "You're a doctor too, huh?"
"And what were your relations to the deceased/wearabouts at the time of the murder?"

Miss Amelia Peach
Snoop

"Ah! Poor Mr. Mint, he was going to make an alliance between the Ravenas and the Mints. Such a shame...such a shame...I was in the Window Room when that happened, gazing at the stars with my handheld .38 Colt Revolver."
-Mistress Ravena

"Hm.. I recently heard that Mr. Mint had helped me pay for my mother's hospital fee. Generous man, that! And, to be honest, I recently came across some Antifreeze while on my way to the Archery Training Grounds."
-Doctor Beige

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock »

(Cue Jonathan Green)

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

(Sorry everyone, I was out of most of the day.)

“Baron Timberwolf, I’m a consider myself a collector of antique weaponry. I came to Tudor Mansion to view Mr. Boddy’s collection. I was in the Armory admiring the firearms, particularly the flintlock pistol. I never met nor heard of this Mr. Mint until tonight.”

“I’m Princess Sofia Bluebell. I met Mr. Boddy while traveling on the Orient Express. He invited me to his little party that he was hosting back in England. After hearing he throws the most fabulous parties, I couldn’t refuse. I also never heard of this Franklin Mint, but I think I have something of importance. I was in the Music Room when I saw a hypodermic syringe on the piano. I didn’t touch it nor know it got there.”
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock »

(Cue ClueLover98)

(For the sake of clarity, it would be best if we all cued the person after us, so ClueLove98 would then say "cue Inspector Brown" and so on)

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

"I'm just the bartender, Miss Julep. I was behind the bar the whole time: there's no way I could have done it! I only abandoned my station twice though... once to go to the Meat Freezer to obtain ingredients for the charcuterie board, and also to look at the Cupid statue... and its imposing Bow & Arrow."

"And, last but not least, I am Cardinal Salmon, and I'm certain many of you have uttered my name, whether with awe or contempt for religion. As the Protodeacon, it is my responsibility to wash the feet of the poor and show the light to the lovely people of this town. It's rather obvious I couldn't have done it: I was in the Terrarium for the later part of the evening, tending to the little creatures. I suspect the strange figure in armor that was clearly moving. Perhaps he or she used the Halberd?"

(Cue Inspector Brown.)

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock »

“After listening to all your stories, I have determined two things, some of you are telling the truth, while the rest of you are lying. Now that we all know the events leading up to the murder, we can figure out what truly happened. I took the liberty of drawing up some notes based on what was said. Allow me to pass out some personal inferences to each of you.” He went around the room giving slips of papers to the various members of the party. “Each of these have people, places, and things that are unlikely to be involved. In all, there are 10 people, 10 weapons, and 11 rooms. They are as follow:

Suspects:
Dr. Mango
Miss Silver
Mistress Ravena
Dr. Beige
Princess Bluebell
Baron Timberwolf
Miss Julep
Cardinal Salmon
Judge Bronze
Sen. Olive

Weapons:
Stethoscope
Shotgun
.38 Colt Revolver
Antifreeze
Hypodermic Syringe
Flintlock Pistol
Halberd
Bow & Arrow
Golf Club
Silver Teapot

Rooms:
Lavender Room
Grand Foyer
Window Room
Archery Training Grounds
Armory
Music Room
Meat Freezer
Terrarium
Duke’s Bedroom
Drawing Room
Larder

Along with that, there are a few things that we can be sure of. At that time, most of the staff were in the servant’s quarters, Mr. Boddy was in the cellar picking up some alcohol, and a few of the guests not already mentioned had gone off for a drive through the country, so we can assume they were not involved.

Now that that is all settled, we can start off with the suggestions. We will follow the same order as the introductions. When taking your turn, describe what you think happened. That is, who killed Mr. Mint, in what room, with which weapon. Get creative with your story telling. The person next to you will try to disprove it. If he is unable to, then the responsibility falls to the next person. I’m sure you can figure out the rest. Once you think you know what happened, you may make an accusation on your turn.

On a side note, after Miss Julep or Cardinal Salmon has finished their turn, I will jump in to help aid the investigation. This could be something as a witness speculation, an observation I’ve noticed, or a message from Scotland Yard. Once we are done with that, we can proceed to the next turn.

With that being said, I believe we can start. If you have any questions feel free to let me know. Happy sleuthing.”

(cue Mr_Suspect88)

Mr_Suspect88
Snoop

Post by Mr_Suspect88 »

“I might as well start the ball rolling,” said Judge Bronze,she continued “sometime ago I was involved in a similar situation were Mr Boddy’s cousin was strangled by an ex boyfriend. Miss Julep before Mr Mint was found I saw you exiting the Terrarium with what appeared to be a Golf Club, may I ask what were you doing in there?”

(Judge Bronze suggests Miss Julep in the Terrarium with the Golf Club)

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Mr_Suspect88 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:52 pm “I might as well start the ball rolling,” said Judge Bronze,she continued “sometime ago I was involved in a similar situation were Mr Boddy’s cousin was strangled by an ex boyfriend. Miss Julep before Mr Mint was found I saw you exiting the Terrarium with what appeared to be a Golf Club, may I ask what were you doing in there?”

(Judge Bronze suggests Miss Julep in the Terrarium with the Golf Club)
(Ha! I see what you did there.)
“Your Honor, I regret to inform you that you suggestion might be incorrect.”
- Baron Timberwolf
(Jonathan Green can disprove)
Last edited by Jonathan Green on Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock »

Jonathan Green wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:22 pm - Baron Timberwolf
"Baron Timberwolf, I appreciate you eagerness, but I believe that Mistress Ravena had something she would like to say"

(Please be sure cue the person after you to disprove to prevent any confusion, and make sure it's your turn)
Last edited by Sir Shamrock on Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Sir Shamrock wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:50 pm
Jonathan Green wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:22 pm - Baron Timberwolf
"Baron Timberwolf, I appreciate you eagerness, but I believe that Mistress Ravena had something she would like to say

(Please be sure cue the person after you to disprove to prevent any confusion)
(Got it, sorry)

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock »

It's fine, it's just first round jitters

(Cue Miss Amelia Peach to disprove)

Miss Amelia Peach
Snoop

"I'm sorry dear, but ah...you're not quite all there..."
(Mistress Ravena has finished disproving)

"So, I should suggest something, hm? Well...I did see Miss Beige walk out of the Window Room earlier...muttering something to herself. In the corner of my eye, I saw my stolen .38 Colt Revolver...can you explain Doctor?"
(Mistress Ravena suggests it was Dr. Beige with the .38 Colt Revolver.)

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Miss Amelia Peach wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:15 am "I'm sorry dear, but ah...you're not quite all there..."
(Mistress Ravena has finished disproving)

"So, I should suggest something, hm? Well...I did see Miss Beige walk out of the Window Room earlier...muttering something to herself. In the corner of my eye, I saw my stolen .38 Colt Revolver...can you explain Doctor?"
(Mistress Ravena suggests it was Dr. Beige with the .38 Colt Revolver.)
“Mistress Ravena, I believe I have something of great importance”
- Baron Timberwolf
(Jonathan Green can disprove)

“When I was in the Music Room, I saw Miss Silver in the Archery Training Grounds with the Bow & Arrow though the window, after I saw her talking with Mr. Mint.”
I suggest it was Miss Silver in the Archery Training Grounds with the Bow & Arrow.
(Cue ClueLover98 to suggest/disprove)

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Miss Julep spoke up: "Frankly, I can't say that didn't occur: it seems perfectly plausible to me!"

(Cue Inspector Brown.)

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock »

(Sorry for not mentioning this sooner but I don't have any cards. So for disproving ClueLover98 can ask Mr_Suspect88 and so on. But for the turn after him, whoever disproved ClueLover98 would cue Inspector Brown for play. I think that should iron out the final issues)

(Cue Mr_Suspect88 to disprove)

Mr_Suspect88
Snoop

Post by Mr_Suspect88 »

“ I’m afraid Baron you’re barking up the wrong tree” Senator Olive interjected.

(Mr_Suspect88 can disprove Miss Silver in the Archery Training Grounds with the Bow & Arrow.)

(Cue Inspector Brown)