ClueMafia - A New Concept (SIGN-UPS!)

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Wavey
Suspect

ClueMafia - A New Concept (SIGN-UPS!)

Post by Wavey »

A game of deception, combined with a game of deception, so you get... the ultimate deception game? This game requires a lot of investigative skills, but you'll also need a bag of steel nerves and a great pokerface. Do you think you're up to the task of solving a horrendous murder case? Or perhaps... you are the murderer!??

This game is a crossover between two popular social games that have everything to do with figuring out the truth behind lying opponents: Clue and Mafia. You need to solve a murder case, and you can achieve this by having other players disprove your suggestions. But... there is also a murderer who is doing everything to stop you. A murderer who is trying to put you off. A murderer who makes blood when he smells it. You're safe in the Day, but at Night... the murderer is looking to erase the innocent players from the crime scene, one by one.
If you think you've caught the murderer, and seem to know the solution to a seemingly unsolvable murder case, you can make an accusation. But be wary, as this is a do-or-die move. Do, and you've restored peace amongst the people as the murderer has to admit defeat. Die, and literally, you will die by the hands of the bloody culprit himself. Can you stay out of the hands of the wrongdoer?

For more about the rules, go to viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21651. I will repeat the rules in the actual game thread, providing enough of you sign up.
For more about the rules of the game of Mafia, go to https://icebreakerideas.com/mafia-game/ ... %20players.

For those that refuse to click on links because of the ongoing spambot invasion of our forum, I'll give a brief overview here.
One of you is playing as the murderer. The murderer knows the solution to the case, and wins when the case hasn't been solved. The others can only win by solving the case.
At the start, each of you gets three cards that are therefore not related to the murder case.
During the Day phases, you may make one suggestion per Day. Please bold it so I can easily spot it. I will then say in thread who can disprove it, and gameplay continues. You may also make an accusation, but when it's not 100% right, you're out, so be careful!
At Night, the player who plays as the murderer may eliminate someone from the game. This continues until there are three players left. When one of the two remaining innocent players makes a false accusation, they will be eliminated at Night, leaving just the murderer and the lone survivor. The murderer kills off the lone survivor and wins.

What I want you to do if you want to play:
I want you to PM me that you would like to join. Please tell me the following things:
1. Which character would you like to play as? (see the Backstory in post 2)
2. Would you like to play as the murderer?
3. How often do you think you will post in the thread?

The reason I'm asking the last question is because Mafia is a game which thrives when there is a lot of discussion. If you don't post for more than 3 days during a Day phase, I will ask you to be more active.

That's it! Please read the Backstory in my next post and decide which character you want to play as! If you have any questions, please ask them, either privately or in the thread! I'll see you when the game starts! :D

Edit: I don't have a deadline for sign-ups. When there are at least 5 players, I will announce a deadline which will probably be a full week left.
"Dumb quote" - someone else

Wavey
Suspect

Re: ClueMafia - A New Concept (SIGN-UPS!)

Post by Wavey »

Backstory:
"For years, the Villa Assassina owned by the old Italian heir of the holy San Marcos, King Khaki, had felt like home to many of their respected and returning visitors. But ever since her wife came on to the scene, a dark and mysterious mood has been blowing through the house.
Queen Khaki, or Quartz, her maiden name, was not for no reason also known as the Killer Queen. Every man and gentleman she was ever into, mysteriously disappeared. The vanishing of Baron Black was the rumor of the decade, and despite far-reaching efforts of the police to prove the guilt and cooperation of Queen Khaki in that disappearing, no one has ever managed to discover the complete story behind that presumed murder.
Knowing about her background, King Khaki seemed very intrigued in the seductive personality the Queen had. But for the past few months, things have started to derail in their relation, and everyone seems sure that the lady in question had planned another vigorous assassination.
But is this the true story? Has Queen Khaki always been this untrustworthy? Or is she simply very good in manipulating others to do what she wants? There must be a reason that basically everyone has had some complaint about King Khaki's behavior recently... did someone cross the boundaries of life and took that of the beloved King away?"

Characters:
Admiral Aqua: Aqua and Khaki met during their military service for the Italian Army, and have been best friends ever since. They still like to fuss a bit, although weapons are never involved. Or did Admiral Aqua hide one under his uniform this time? (not yet taken)
Chef Crimson: The cook of the King arrived on the scene not more than two years ago. The old chef had left after the King started to get bored of the same recipes, which tasted 'bland', and Crimson knew this. Now that King Khaki has ended up in a bad mood recently, did Chef Crimson try to prevent following in the footsteps of his predecessor? (not yet taken)
Inspector Ivory: Former head chef of the local police corps, Inspector Ivory has dealt with many of the older cases in which Queen Khaki was involved. You could say he knows those cases inside out. But since he got demoted last year, has he executed the perfect, undiscoverable revenge? (not yet taken)
Judge Jasmine: This controversial judge hasn't been shy to pave her own paths. She single-handedly released one of the biggest mafia bosses of Southeast Italy, and people have often doubted her judicial skills. Or is she more skilled than most believe her to be, as she turns out to be arguably the most malicious judge out there? (not yet taken)
Lady Lilac: An old high school girlfriend of the King, Lilac and Khaki still chatted often, and sometimes even took it to the ballroom stage. Queen Quartz didn't seem to like this at all, though, and the two ladies often had some words to share. Was this the reason for Lady Lilac to cut her off by killing her most beloved property? (chaosemerald)
Madame Mint: No one can remember why the King was into this fashionista. At parties, they never seemed to get along well, yet every time the King invited her back to his Villa. Was the King's last party one invite too many? (Miss Amelia Peach)
Miss Midnight: If there was one person who could always put a bright smile on the King's face, it was his daughter Miss Midnight. However, the same didn't apply the other way round, as Miss Midnight rather stayed in the gardens of the estate than being next to her daddy. As she was longing for independence of the royal status, was the killing of her dad the final step in that plan? (BBP)
Princess Peach: Princess Peach is the step-daughter of King Khaki's marriage to Queen Quartz. She likes to roleplay a lot, but recently one of her aunts saw her play with a plastic sword and a doll with a crown. Was this just cosplay, or did her mother really tell her more than she should have heard? (not yet taken)
Professor Pumpkin: Once a friend, always a friend. That's what's been keeping these two fellows together for the past few years. Although Pumpkin has resided to the darker sides of humanity, King Khaki was always a person to resort to, to talk with about his latest projects. But since Khaki appeared a bit moody, they haven't talked much. Is that because Pumpkin was desperately hiding his latest invention? (not yet taken)
Sir Sapphire: "Liberté, Egalité, mais le plus important: fraternité!" This French brother of the King often spends his holiday vacations going hunting with his brother in the woods surrounding the mansion. As the second closest relative to the King besides Queen Khaki, many people believe the death might have been an accident by Sir Sapphire. Or was it? Was it really an accident? (Sir Shamrock)
Last edited by Wavey on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wavey
Suspect

Post by Wavey »

Some other things you may want to know about:

1. This game MIGHT have abilities. Abilities are one-time powerups that you can use during the game. I say 'might', because whether or not the game will be played with abilities depends on how many players are in the game.
2. Posting helps A LOT. Remember, you're not just trying to solve a case, you should also try to see who is the murderer, because then you can gain a lot of additional information. But be careful, as the murderer gets to eliminate one player from the game each night, so you shouldn't be an obvious innocent player, or show that you're close to solving the case!
3. A Day phase ends either when everyone has made a suggestion, or someone has made a (false) accusation. Day Phases and Night Phases will however also be limited in how long they can last - Day Phases last up to seven days and Night Phases last 72 hours.

Lastly, I really hope at least one of you in their 'sollicitation-PM' tells me they want to be the murderer, otherwise I'd have to give someone the role of murderer who may hate playing as the murderer.

Wavey
Suspect

Post by Wavey »

Huge thanks to chaosemerald, Miss Amelia Peach, BBP and Sir Shamrock for signing up! However, for the game to start, we are still waiting for at least one more person to sign up to the game. If you haven't done so already and would like to participate, please join the frenzy!

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP »

Come on everybody, join the party so we can start the killing spree! :twisted:

Wavey
Suspect

Post by Wavey »

I'm gonna give it 'till the end of this week, otherwise I'm afraid that it's just the four of you who are really interested in trying out this new format.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

I can give it a go too if it helps make up the numbers for a better game

Wavey
Suspect

Post by Wavey »

Unfortunately I haven't received any further sign-up PM's, so I see no better option but to put this game on a pause for indeterminate time.
I hope for the four people that already entered that this isn't too big of a deal, but sadly four players is not enough for this game.

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock »

This is a bummer! This seemed like it would have been fun to do. I'm sure that a fifth person will come soon enough. Until then, anyone want to play regular Clue? We got enough players for that

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP »

Always!

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock »

Perfect! I'll set something up, sign ups will probably be up later today