holiday clue

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

What holiday would you think Clue could be set around?

New Year's
63%
Valentine's Day
No votes
Easter
No votes
4th of July
No votes
Halloween
38%
Thanksgiving
No votes

Total votes: 8

munitzer
Can Opener

holiday clue

Post by munitzer »

if clue were to be set on or around a holiday, which do you think it would be? or, rather, which would you want it to be? ... why?

just a poll because i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

I would vote Christmas because its supposed to be a happy time. Just imagine the eerie sight of Mr. Boddy's body with blinking Christmas lights around its neck.

Halloween is good too because all the suspects could be in costumes, but still I would vote Christmas. So I guess I vote Halloween in the poll now as my second choice.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I voted New Years. Reminds me of Fatal Illusion.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

New Years Eve I think works best. It's a time for gathering, and a lot of big parties are held then. Everyone would get dressed up, and Christmas decorations are still up, but the feeling of Christmas has left the air. The clock strikes midnight, the guests soon discover that their host is missing...

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn »

I picked Halloween. It would be cool if the suspects were dressed up.
Was it Miss Scarlet with the Candlestick in the Ballroom? Yes... yes it was.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I vote New Year's too. There could be alot of people at the mansion in the ballroom and a massacre could take place in there

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer »

i see it as being new year's ... and a better possibility of getting stranded at the estate

i think halloween would make for a good special edition or side story with some comic relief ... but other than that, i think the suspects being who there are already would suit the crime
"It is my opinion that your detective stories are the normal recreation of snobbish, out-dated, life-hating, ignoble minds."

ClueGamer
Gumshoe

Post by ClueGamer »

I have thought about this before. I attempted to make a Halloween edition Clue game. It would have been fun to finish. With the costumes, decorations, and an eerie feel throughout the mansion. I would like to see one centered around Halloween, Christmas, or New Year's.

Halloween - All the suspects are dressed up in their choice of costume and come to the mansion for a midnight costume party. Can't you see Scarlet as a witch or Mustard as Frankenstein?

Christmas - An early Christmas dinner held at the mansion which is put on by Boddy. After the gift exchange someone gets upset that their gift was not as expensive as the others.

New Year's - The biggest party of the year. The whole town is invited to the get together and required to bring a date. As soon the clock changes to 12:01 and the first kiss is over, someone gets very jealous. A party, champange, and a murder!

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

holiday

Post by Lord Caspen »

It's got to be Christmas ... Only because Clue is supposed to be a pastiche of the old country-house murder-mystery genre. What's an Agatha Christie pastiche without a murder at Christmas?
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Yes, why did you forget the Christmas option?

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

And where is Arbor Day??
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Holiday

Post by Lord Caspen »

I am chomping at the bit for Secretary's Day Clue.
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer »

i thought i had put christmas as the last option, but i must not have submitted it correctly ... my mistake there
i was going to have another option, too

considering what time of year it is, my mind must have just stopped at thanksgiving
"It is my opinion that your detective stories are the normal recreation of snobbish, out-dated, life-hating, ignoble minds."

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn »

Actually, I had the same problem when I made my first poll. AFTER your last choice, you have to select for yet another choice and leave it blank. That's how all of them will get submitted correctly.
Was it Miss Scarlet with the Candlestick in the Ballroom? Yes... yes it was.

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer »

that must have been what happened then

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

Christmas. That's when I made my Holiday Clue edition.

By the way, why Dr. Black dies is decided by combining the killer and accomplice's motives. Ask me about any two. You won't believe what comes up.