Clue Saga (Ep #19)

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

cacums
Ringer

Re: 13 Years Later (Ep #13)

Post by cacums »

Some new character cards!

SirOakwood
Spy

Post by SirOakwood »

I've been reading your work for years and absolutely love it. I've wanted to ask a question, have we seen these incarnations of the Clue characters before? I know they were drawn by Cluedokid, but I feel like they were used before for something. I can hardly wait till the next chapter!

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

SirOakwood wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:42 am I've been reading your work for years and absolutely love it.... I can hardly wait till the next chapter!
Thanks so much! I'm glad to meet a long-time reader. I'll let you in a little preview for next episode in my best, TV Guide Synopsis:

Miss Scarlet and Mrs. Peacock handle their grief differently. Col. Mustard talks to M. Brunette about a certain poker game in a Von Gatow speakeasy. Sgt. Gray confesses something distressing to Mrs. White. Prof. Plum and Dr. Raven share ideals. Miss Raven fears for her life. Sir Benedict takes lead when everyone needs him the most... 8)
SirOakwood wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:42 am
I've wanted to ask a question, have we seen these incarnations of the Clue characters before? I know they were drawn by Cluedokid, but I feel like they were used before for something.
All of the characters and artwork seen in Clue Saga are originals. I have used some artwork in past series that I've started and let die. For example: Current Comm. Forest was once a version of Inspector Brown. Current Det. Amarillo was once Comm. Forest. The same goes with some other characters we'll be introduced to down the line, including Greyson in the next few episodes :mrgreen:

But to answer an overall question, this artwork is solely commissioned for Clue Saga. He draws the line-art and I digitally color the characters. If someone else has used them in another project, they did not have permission. I have see a lot of my floor plans from past projects taken, edited, and rearranged. Who knows.

cacums
Ringer

Re: 13 Years Later (Ep #14)

Post by cacums »

cacums
Ringer

Re: 13 Years Later (Ep #15)

Post by cacums »

SirOakwood
Spy

Post by SirOakwood »

Oh I love it! The tension is building up. They're like rats in a cage on a sinking ship. Love the idea of moving them to different locations under the same investigation.

ZachBlack000
Slueth

Post by ZachBlack000 »

And them going through some difficult times, after losing certain guests (grieving for their deaths)!
Favorite Movie-Quote: "They all did it. But if you wanna know who killed Mr. Boddy, I did. In the hall, with the revolver." - Mr. Green, from Clue, played by Michael McKean.

SirOakwood
Spy

Post by SirOakwood »

Amen to that! The emotional depth shown by Miss Scarlett is amazing. And Sir Benedict has such a brooding evil and calmness that I really enjoy. This would be a great CW series. I also like Mr. Green and Mrs. White's characterizations. Somehow though I feel like even Green would be disgusted by Brunette's level of evil.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Episode #16 is almost finished.
Here's a little promo for it. 8)

SirOakwood
Spy

Post by SirOakwood »

Is that Rhode Island or a state of your own creation? Maybe a county?

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

SirOakwood wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:39 pm Is that Rhode Island or a state of your own creation? Maybe a county?
It is Connecticut, with fictional towns/cities that I've made up.

Funny you should ask, though! I've actually just put together a "Map" of the Fictional World of Clue Saga. Enjoy!! It is still a work in progress and many locations have not appeared yet so "spoiler" alert, I suppose.

Click the image above to view the google image link.

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #16)

Post by cacums »

Home Page
Episode #16

&

The World Map has been added

I decided to officially change the topic title to Clue Saga just for the sake of simplicity.

MajorHoy
Slueth

Post by MajorHoy »

cacums wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:30 amEpisode #16 is almost finished.
Here's a little promo for it. 8)

SirOakwood wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:39 pmIs that Rhode Island or a state of your own creation? Maybe a county?
cacums wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:00 pmIt is Connecticut, with fictional towns/cities that I've made up.
As a resident of Connecticut, I really just feel the need to respond to SirOakwood with: :shock:

But, in all fairness, not knowing where SirOakwood is from, he may not be familiar with the State of Connecticut, nor with the tri-state area around New York City (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut), nor with the New England region here in the U.S (which includes Connecticut).

As for the cities/towns, I'm assuming "Sun Haven" = New Haven, but I'm not sure what would be the equivalents for the other two.

SirOakwood
Spy

Post by SirOakwood »

Haha Major, I'm originally from PA, currently at graduate school in the high plains region. I thought it was either Rhode Island or Connecticut, but I just wasn't sure just by looking at it. That's really cool about the map Cacums!

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

MajorHoy wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:14 pmAs for the cities/towns, I'm assuming "Sun Haven" = New Haven, but I'm not sure what would be the equivalents for the other two.
hehe yes, Sun Haven is New Haven. Not my most creative name switch. The fictional town of Pratton has been "constructed" in the farmland roads south of Warren, Connecticut. Everything else is sort of a "pick as I go". Example - Green's abandoned docks and warehouse is on the Brooklyn docks. O'Range hotel is laid over an actual Brooklyn hotel.

I constructed Azure's palace, guard's tower, and seaport on a barren patch by the Hassan Tower in Rabat, Morocco.

I'm not sure why I decided to change the name New Haven to Sun Haven yet I kept other cities like Paris, NYC, DC. I opted to go Rangoon rather than Yangon to help pinpoint my mysterious timeline.
SirOakwood wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:58 pm That's really cool about the map Cacums!
Thank you! I'm always looking to expand my location ideas. Bluebell Cafe was a suggestion based on the "Bluebird Cafe" from Agatha Christie's 'A Murder is Announced'

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Not really a big update, sorry guys! Episode #17 is almost done as I was just waiting on some illustrations and CluedoKid delivered *wink* yes that means new characters in #17

But in the meantime, here is Episode #0 - a Prologue featuring the most important character - Blackwell Grange

Episode #0

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #17)

Post by cacums »

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #17)

Post by cacums »

I've just finished out the detailed scene-by-scene skeleton for the #18-#24. Episodes should be rolling out this weekend hopefully 8)

I have no art to give you and nothing cool to share other than what I just wrote, so I thought I'd answer some FAQs :mrgreen:

Q) When will we find out who the killer is?
A) The killer will be revealed by #24. It's either #22 or #23 right now depending on if I cliffhanger/give it to you straight. We'll see based on reception. A lot of the responses you guys PM me I use to help better the series - TheButlerButInnocent's favorite character is Blackwell Grange which inspired Episode #0 being a full description of the mansion. That being said, I don't change the story based on comments - I like to throw in some red herrings if but that's allowed, isn't it? A little distraction from the truth? :twisted: All of your speculations for who did it have me amused. Some of you are miles off, a few are a bit closer, one of you... figured it out somehow. Just remember, knowing who did it is NOTHING if you can't offer a weapon and a room too. This is Clue, my silly geese.

Q) Will Forest, Pry, Brown, Amarillo, Frost, and Moss remain in the story after the 'police part' is over.
A) Characters will come and go, detective, resident, and guest alike. Who remains will depend on the story-arc if it pertains to them.

Q) Will the killer go to jail or narrowly escape the police's custody in order to appear in the next batch of episodes?
A) The killer will face justice. It will be very... well... it's gonna be a scene. I don't know what else to say. It's heavy.

Q) Are the six core characters protected by a magic bubble that keeps them safe since you need them for the story?
A) Haha no. That's all.

Q) How long do you see this project going on?
A) I have a pretty good handle on the story. Sometimes my writing gets too "improvisational" or I get too "lost into the characters", the story runs away from me or it can straight-up "ruin the structure of the future of the series" (just look at what I did to Memoirs of Mayfield *barf*) Every improvisational idea I've come up with for ClueSaga, I have made myself SIT with it for several days before I put it in the story - that is part of my "writer's block/delay" lately - I get a crazy idea that might work and I have to meditate with it for the long-term ending of my story.

Q) Can you do a storyarc recap?
A) I've thought about this. I'm not going to do a 'storyarc' recap, that could happen every 6 episodes. I will consider doing recaps every 24 episodes since that would be what you can call "Season 1". New ClueSaga math: 6 Episode = 1 Volume, 4 Volumes = 1 Season. Which means the Garden Party/FX Storyline will be a 24 episode season. And let me tell you... it is still in the sticky-notes and spread sheet stages.... but fuck, a lot of bad bad bad bad stuff happens in 'Season 2' and some of it is very controversial. Hasbro is gonna shut this site down if I write it... so I'm going to tone it down a LITTLE and then see what happens.

Q) Where did you get your overall story idea from? I recognize some story and character elements from the different Clue games, but most of the wholly unique ideas -- did they come from your interest in Clue, or are they other ideas that you incorporated into the Clue base for the story?
A)Oh boy. Buckle up! It all started around 2004, 2005. Somewhere in there. My Grandma introduced me to Master Detective. I fell in love with the stories in the instruction booklet and began to imagine their interactions. This evolved into a TERRIBLE 24 chapter book bases solely on Master Detective. It dragged on and on and on (it is long lost on a fifteen year old computer) Around this time I became obsessed with TV shows like General Hospital, Desperate Housewives. But there was something else fueling my Clue passion: the VCR games, especially VCR 2: Murder in Disguise. That story holds such a special place in my heart that EVERY time I watch it I'm hit with a feeling of sadness once we reach the last scene. The story felt like it could keep going on with them on the run (gosh I hope I'm not spoiling too much about where ClueSaga may take us). The same with Arlington Grange in the UK TV Series. I felt like Clue/do was an untapped world of potential. It was from that spark of the UK TV Series, expansion games like Master Detective, Super Sleuth, Super Cluedo Challenge, etc. that I began to enjoy Clue from a new light. The tea, the cigars, the garden parties -- a façade of wealth and contentment while harboring family secrets and dark pasts was something my upper middle class family was all too familiar with. So I leaned into it.
Depboy (David Parlette) created a FANTASTIC web-series that inspired my stories to go on a digital platform. His Ongoing-Internet Story set in Blackport, New Hampshire was everything I needed to get me through my depressing, miserable teenage years. I would see a new episode before school and sit miserably through hours of classes so I could RUN home and tear through the story. The characters, the development, the connection... it gave me butterflies every time the web-page was updated. I still have dreams about it to this day. Because of our friendship, love for Clue, and my hyper fanboy excitement, he will be cameoing as a VERY important character in the story.
As I've matured and aged, I've grown to include new TV Shows like Game of Thrones and the Walking Dead into my creative juices. So I like to change up the predictable while keeping the integrity of the original. I write this series not only as a labor of love for my readers, but to honor Depboy's series that got me through a lot of really hard, sad times. And who knows, maybe my story can distract someone from their life and help them get through.
OR were you asking where the storyline RIGHT NOW is inspired from. lol
TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, Right now the current story is totally mimicking the Movie. In more ways than I'd like to admit. Thunderstorm, someone shows up a ruins dinner, bodies show up, disappear, show up again, people are splitting up, photographs, etc.

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #18)

Post by cacums »

Welcome to Aquatine Vistas!

Thanks to CluedoKid for coming up with the name of the hotel and several of the room ideas.

Home Page
Episode #18

The Investigation will begin in Episode #19.

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #18)

Post by cacums »

A little promo for Volume #4: The Investigation. COMING VERY SOON.

Episode #19 will be focused around the night of the murder and the six core characters.