Clue Saga (Ep #31)

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #18)

Post by Jonathan Green »

A digital drawing of Miss Dove, the fiancée of Dr. Black:

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Nice work Jonathan! How are you finding the tablet to work with?

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Thanks Coinilius! The tablet's feels pretty good (it's Wacom Intuos). The program I use is Krita, which is FREE to download online.

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #19)

Post by cacums »

I love the Miss Dove fan-art so much! I've put it on the Gallery tab which can be seen on "The Story" page along with other art by JonathanGreen as well as others :D

The Investigation has begun!!
Home Page
Episode #19

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #19)

Post by cacums »

It may take a little bit to get through #20 - #24 but I want to make sure I really REALLY cover everything leading up to The Investigation's finale! I think the episodes will be appreciated more if they are swallowed a lot closer together as well.

But I shall leave you with a teaser! If I can manage 6 Episodes every 2 Months, this is what 2021 and Early 2022 can look like for Clue Saga :)

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #20)

Post by cacums »

Home Page
Episode #20

Episode 20 is a bit longer, coming out at 31 pages instead of the usual 20-25. With more storylines going on, episodes are probably going to get a little longer going forward.

We still have a few people to interrogate and I'd like to knock most off them out in #21 while also keeping some of the other storylines churning AND a revisit back to Blackwell Grange :mrgreen:

The dialogue and everything for hotel arc is finished. I'm just writing the interrogations right now. Piecing them together, moving around scenes. Then reading them through as whole and adjusting, editing, making them more personal, interlocking. (like the Green/Peacock cigar bits in #20). I've already written most of Episode #24 and am just working my way backwards and then meeting in the middle. It's been a challenge, but it's working.

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #21)

Post by cacums »

Home Page
Episode #21

A shocking twist? Or did you see it coming :mrgreen:

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #22)

Post by cacums »

Home Page
Episode #22

Confessions. Lies. Secrets. One step closer to figuring out what happened the night of the dinner party.

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #23)

Post by cacums »

Moving along...

Home Page
Episode #23

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #24)

Post by cacums »

Home Page
Episode #24

Everything is revealed!
Go find out who killed Hugh Black and the others that perished that tragic night.

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #25)

Post by cacums »

Home Page
Episode #25

Meet the Meadow-Brook family!

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #26)

Post by cacums »

Home Page
Episode #26

Fell a little behind schedule, but I'll make up for it hopefully. I just gotta push out 4 more Episode before April ends. :mrgreen:

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #26)

Post by cacums »

Episode 27 is coming soon! I promise. I've just been trying to wrap my head around the next four episodes.

Imma be 100% real with ya'll. The funeral arc is sad and dark. I don't like committing to being sad on my weekends (when I usually write) so this arc has been extra difficult for me. I will come thru. I wil get back on track. But please forgive the lack of content. CluedoKid is working on some cool new illustrations INCLUDING locations! And JonathanGreen is going to be handling some overhead views of the map!!! So get ready. Stuff is gonna come flowing out of this catalyst of creativity soon. I just need to get through the bump.

A preview of JG's work: (this is concept art, mind you)

And I can confirm, with Michael's consent, Sensei Cyan will be part of the Fatal Illusion cast when we get there!! Artwork of the Sensei will be posted soon! :mrgreen:

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #27)

Post by cacums »

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #28)

Post by cacums »

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #28)

Post by cacums »

Fair warning, Episode #29 is gonna be big so it may not be out for a bit.

Not only do we have to unpack WHO just showed up at the funeral, but I'm trying to touch base with EVERY character in this story-arc:

Miss Scarlet
Mrs. Peacock
Mrs. White
Rev. Green
Col. Mustard
Sgt. Gray
Lord Gray
Lady Gray
Miss Gray
Sir Benedict
Master Boddy
Dr. Orchid
Dr. Raven
Miss Raven
Prof. Plum
Herr Gold
Rusty
Mr. Meadow-Brook
Mrs. Meadow-Brook
Mrs. Slate-Grey
Mr. Slate-Grey [introduction episode]
Mr. Ash
Mme Rose
Ms. Mango
Monsieur Brunette
Malcolm Meadow-Brook
Jessie Meadow-Brook
Mrs. Ho [introduction episode]
Jake Slate-Grey [introduction episode]
Mrs. Canary
Comm. Forest
[spoiler "The New Arrival"]
[spoiler "Beyond the Lake Character"]

So it may end up longer than the rest. But I'm feeling good about the stuff that happens in the episode. It's all very contained and fast paced despite the heavy cast. I am saving the Mayor and his wife for next episode. Because they are too much for what is already going on. In hindsight they should have been introduced LAST episode, but it's fine. It'll be fine.

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #29)

Post by cacums »

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #30)

Post by cacums »

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #31)

Post by cacums »

ANNOUNCEMENT: If you have ventured around you may notice the toolbar and menu is expanding! It's time to talk about something that has gotten a few questions -- a small "spin-off" segment on the Story page called "Clue Diaries". This will cover - Miss Scarlet's diary, Col. Mustard's memoirs, Mrs. White's diary, Mr. Green's 'list', Mrs. Peacock's journal, Professor Plum's diary, Dr. Black's little black book. You may have also noticed a section called "Recaps". This will be recaps of each 6 episode volume full of spoilers and reminders of relevant plot points.

These will all be "coming soon-ish" but the main focus is on the episodes right now. I'm working on #32 and #33 right now, moving around scenes.

But here is a little something to hold you over:
PREVIEW OF MISS SCARLET'S DIARY
Age 8
Today was my 8th birthday! All of the maids decorated the ballroom with balloons and streamers. Father bought me so many new dresses and toys! I have my very own pair of diamond earrings now! They were my mom’s favorite earrings. He also gave me this diary. He said my mom bought for me, before she died, when I was little. Father and I are going to the opera this weekend to see Turandot. I can’t wait to see the curtains, lights, and sets.
Age 8
The opera was beautiful! The songs are still in my head. I want to do that one day. I want to be up there on an opera stage singing the highest notes.
Age 8
Father talked to a vocal teacher. He’s coming by this week! The piano has been tuned and the ballroom is extra clean. I hope he can turn me into a star.
Age 8
All we did is breathe and practice scales. I didn’t even get to use any high notes. Father says I must be patient. But I know I’m ready for more.
Age 8
Father took me to see my vocal coach perform in a production of Madam Butterfly. I got to go back stage and meet the lead soprano after the show. She was so beautiful and sounded so pretty. I hope I sound as good as her one day.
Age 8
He is starting to see my potential. He said I could be an ingenue one day. I have been invited to work at his training studio with other talented young singers. He wants me to be concert-ready in four months.
Age 8
There’s this boy at the studio, Steven. He’s so sweet and cute. He helped me speak through the French lyrics from the solo I have to sing. We sat in the balcony while the other kids practiced and he held my hand! He sings perfectly too! I think I finally have a boyfriend.
Age 9
It’s my 9th birthday. Steven and his parents came! My father got along well with his parents. They may all be coming over to dinner again soon. Everything is perfect! Steven and I practiced our songs in the ballroom on my stage. The concert is in a week and I’ve never been happier! Steven kissed me on the ballroom balcony! Then he showed me he can play the harp!
Age 9
I don't know what to think. The concert was tonight. I sang everything perfectly. They clapped for me. Everything was good. Then Steven told me he got a job with the children’s chorus at the Metropolitan Opera. He said he’ll be too busy with school, all the shows, and rehearsals to see me. I wanted to go home as soon as the concert ended but my dad met a new friend at the concert. He even invited her over to see our ballroom and my stage. My father explained she used to sing or dance or act or something... It doesn’t matter. Steven is gone...
Age 9
She has been over for dinner 4 times this week. I’m getting sick of seeing her face. I know what she’s trying to do and it’s not going to work. My father still loves my mom. She can wear a lower and lower dress every day till she’s naked. He won’t stop loving my mom!
Age 9
I can’t stand that woman! He gets mad at me anytime I talk to him about her! It’s really starting to feel like he doesn’t love my mom anymore. Am I the only one left who still loves her?
Age 10
They were gone all day until dinner. It’s my 10th birthday and they left me here with the maids all day. And when they got home she talked all throughout dinner. I kept getting interrupted and talked over. She even stood there in my room while my father gave me my presents...
Age 10
We don’t need her. We were happy on our own. We would dance in the ballroom, dress up, put on shows, and sing. We can’t do any of that when she’s here every day of the week. She acts like she lives here! I should have never done that concert! I never would have lost Steven and my father would have never met Patricia.
Age 10
He asked her to marry him. I begged him not to but he did it anyway. AND he made her be the one to break it to me. He just stood there like a coward. Now she’s going to live with us and try to tell me how I should behave. I hate her so much! I feel so alone. I can’t believe he would betray my mom this way with a woman like her! I hate them both. They don’t care about me anyway.

cacums
Ringer

Re: Clue Saga (Ep #31)

Post by cacums »

Also, Episode 31!

Moving right into a new volume AND getting to meet another forum member in Clue form. :mrgreen:

Home Page
Episode #31