Master Room Repository

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Black
Bindle Stiff

Re: Master Room Repository

Post by Black »

coinilius wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:50 pm Yeah Boddy is just a movie producer or something in that version, it’s not really meant to be a grand, gothic mansion - I like to think of it as one of his many estates
Actually, I don't believe the victim was ever named nor was he given any kind of profile information

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Black wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:16 pm
coinilius wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:50 pm Yeah Boddy is just a movie producer or something in that version, it’s not really meant to be a grand, gothic mansion - I like to think of it as one of his many estates
Actually, I don't believe the victim was ever named nor was he given any kind of profile information

He may not have been named but I’m pretty sure he was meant to be a movie producer of some sort? It’s been awhile - maybe he was given no biographical information and it’s just a head canon thing about the movie producer role

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

coinilius wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:49 pm

He may not have been named but I’m pretty sure he was meant to be a movie producer of some sort? It’s been awhile - maybe he was given no biographical information and it’s just a head canon thing about the movie producer role
The victim was a unnamed Media Mogul. Also the game said that he went "missing". Where did the body go then? Is it supposed to be in the pool at the center?

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Jonathan Green wrote:Where did the body go then?
He was dead but he got better and left
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Zoo977 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:46 pm
Jonathan Green wrote:Where did the body go then?
He was dead but he got better and left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpyoSJ8jnrU
(BTW this musical had Tim Curry)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 5796B0CA2B

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Jonathan Green wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:32 pm
coinilius wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:49 pm

The victim was a unnamed Media Mogul. Also the game said that he went "missing". Where did the body go then? Is it supposed to be in the pool at the center?
Thanks Jonathan, I thought he had some kind of movie/media related backstory

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

The Mr. Ree board game had a pergola as a location (Oxford Dictionary defines it as an "archway in a garden or park consisting of a framework covered with trained climbing or trailing plants"). A pavilion would also be an interesting outdoor location.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

ClueLover98 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:22 pm The Mr. Ree board game had a pergola as a location (Oxford Dictionary defines it as an "archway in a garden or park consisting of a framework covered with trained climbing or trailing plants"). A pavilion would also be an interesting outdoor location.
Some other locations Mr Ree! has that general Cluedo doesn't include:

Woodshed
Well
Bird Bath
Bench
Bushes
Car
Gate

and inside also has

Closet

And unlike Cluedo actually included 2 bedrooms and a bathroom (complete with a toilet depicted in some versions)

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

coinilius wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:13 am
ClueLover98 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:22 pm The Mr. Ree board game had a pergola as a location (Oxford Dictionary defines it as an "archway in a garden or park consisting of a framework covered with trained climbing or trailing plants"). A pavilion would also be an interesting outdoor location.
Some other locations Mr Ree! has that general Cluedo doesn't include:

Woodshed
Well
Bird Bath
Bench
Bushes
Car
Gate

and inside also has

Closet

And unlike Cluedo actually included 2 bedrooms and a bathroom (complete with a toilet depicted in some versions)
Most of them sound like good locations for an outdoor game, save for the bench, bushes, and car: asides from them all being very simple locations, the former two could easily be the decor for another room, while the car just feels prosaic and doesn't have the same feel as the other outdoor rooms.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

I actually think the bench could work as an outdoor location for a Clue game, a little lovers seat in the garden, though it's more just set dressing for another space like the garden. The Woodshed is probably the real take away (apart from the pergola, but that was already brought up) - the original Mr Ree! also includes a Dinette rather than a full dining room, which could also be included as a room (they are distinct from full dining rooms). I need to take some pictures of the Mr Ree! board and post them.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

coinilius wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:29 am I actually think the bench could work as an outdoor location for a Clue game, a little lovers seat in the garden, though it's more just set dressing for another space like the garden.

I have an Arbour in my version, which technically should include a bench/swing.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

The Lighthouse.
There’s on in the final A.E. Parker Clue book, “Footprints in the fog”

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

Love the idea of a lighthouse. That also makes me think of the outdoor structures I saw in Greece — family chapels. It’s already an indoor location, but I like the idea of a stand alone meditation/ceremonial/religious structure. The family burial plot can be located there as well.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

I remember in the Haunted Mansion video game (that came out the same time as the movie, it has a different story), one of the levels/rooms was the Museum.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

I also remember on the Cluedo 2000 edition box saying that Dr. Black was seen at the Walled Garden.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

Helipad. Could either be top of house, or on the grounds.

And have we mentioned a gondola lift, or funicular?

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

New room from Clue Bingo: The Vault

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

There’s a new room from Clue Bingo - The Freezer

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Do they update their room roster monthly? Or is it just as it comes.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

cacums wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:03 pm Do they update their room roster monthly? Or is it just as it comes.
Just as it comes.