Master Character Repository

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

GarfieldBuilder
Spy

Re: Master Character Repository

Post by GarfieldBuilder »

CluedoKid wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:45 am Master Navy is my character. You might be confused with Miss Navy.

With credit, sure you can use him.
Okay, thanks, Cluedokid, and can I borrow Captain Seafoam and Princess Emerald?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

What are you using them for exactly?
SUPPORT - Follow my progress of my expanded Clue edition -
www.patreon.com/gothicgreenhouse

GarfieldBuilder
Spy

I am going to write a screenplay for a Clue fan film.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Hmm alright, just credit I guess. Good luck with it.

Also, Captain Seafoam was originally PrinceAzure33's character. We had a bit of drama over that at the time.

GarfieldBuilder
Spy

CluedoKid wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:24 am Hmm alright, just credit I guess. Good luck with it.

Also, Captain Seafoam was originally PrinceAzure33's character. We had a bit of drama over that at the time.
Thanks.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Elrond
Slueth

Post by Elrond »

Ernest Zaffer is missing.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Turns out that Zaffre is a color - A dark blue

Elrond
Slueth

Post by Elrond »

Yes! We never actually “meet” him but he was Patricia Peacock’s second husband.

semicharm
Snoop

Post by semicharm »

One of the things that came up in my crossover project was that Dr. Orchid didn't have a first name, at least not an "official" one that I could find. The rest of the suspects were given one at some point, and some had several through the various editions. So, I read up on orchids to see if one with a similar color could pass as a name and found Laelia. Sounds unique and sophisticated, so I went with it. I suppose my version of the official character would still be filed under the fan section.

Elrond
Slueth

Post by Elrond »

Also missing Beryl Crabtree, a member of the household staff, mentioned on the 2000 box.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Elrond wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:10 am Also missing Beryl Crabtree, a member of the household staff, mentioned on the 2000 box.
Crabtree is in the list

Mrs. Crabtree - Pilfering ex-housekeeper - Green

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

semicharm wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:16 am One of the things that came up in my crossover project was that Dr. Orchid didn't have a first name, at least not an "official" one that I could find. The rest of the suspects were given one at some point, and some had several through the various editions. So, I read up on orchids to see if one with a similar color could pass as a name and found Laelia. Sounds unique and sophisticated, so I went with it. I suppose my version of the official character would still be filed under the fan section.
I struggled with figuring out a first name, too. I'm still salty that Hasbro never gave her an official standard name. Initially I gave her Dr. Evelyne 'Eve' Orchid, but after some consideration and suggestions it was narrowed between Dr. Andrea Orchid and Dr. Alessia Orchid.
I went Andrea because I felt she fit 1986/VCR Miss Scarlet who I see as her portrayal.

I love seeing the alternate names fans and forum members give the characters. It's always so refreshing to step away from boring old Blanche White and Peter Plum

Elrond
Slueth

Post by Elrond »

Jonathan Green wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:43 am
Elrond wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:10 am Also missing Beryl Crabtree, a member of the household staff, mentioned on the 2000 box.
Crabtree is in the list

Mrs. Crabtree - Pilfering ex-housekeeper - Green
But Beryl Crabtree was a Hasbro character, not a fan-made one.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Sorry I've been a bit slow all, Zaffre and Crabtree have been added.

I'm considering adding a short character description to each official character, as have been given to all fan characters - do you all thing this would be a good idea or a cluttering mess?
semicharm wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:16 am One of the things that came up in my crossover project was that Dr. Orchid didn't have a first name, at least not an "official" one that I could find. The rest of the suspects were given one at some point, and some had several through the various editions. So, I read up on orchids to see if one with a similar color could pass as a name and found Laelia. Sounds unique and sophisticated, so I went with it. I suppose my version of the official character would still be filed under the fan section.
Technically yes, she's a fan-made character, but she's still an interpretation of an official character. If we covered every version of Mrs. White or Colonel Mustard on the forum, this page would go on forever!!
No, this is more to introduce the basic ideas of the characters, not be conclusive to every existing version. But it's good of you to bring this up, that's an important point to touch on.
ImageImageImageImage

Elrond
Slueth

Post by Elrond »

Zoo977 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:50 pm Sorry I've been a bit slow all, Zaffre and Crabtree have been added.

I'm considering adding a short character description to each official character, as have been given to all fan characters - do you all thing this would be a good idea or a cluttering mess?
It would be nice to have a separate thread for ONLY official characters that could hypothetically exist side-by-side in a Cluedo Universe (not counting international editions since they can't exist side-by-side). If you do that, I'd love the short description. If you try to do it in the current post, I think it'll be way too much.

Elrond
Slueth

Post by Elrond »

Another official character not on the list:

Editor Braunman from the iOS game in 2009.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I wish to propose:

Ónix (Latin spelling of onyx) - Dr. Black's dog (The Black Dog in my game)
Frost (ice white) - Mr. Boddy's rabbit
Harlequin (green) - A venomous snake in the game

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Added the newest additions, added a new section for Cluedo animals. Decided to put in bios for all canon characters as well, as best I could anyways.
ImageImageImageImage

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Robin - The Gardener
————————————
Nationality: English
Residence: Little Falls, Hampshire, England
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue-Green
————————————
The daughter of two humble estate groundskeepers, Robin works as the gardener of Tudor Close, maintaining the grounds and gardens with the head groundskeeper, Russel “Rusty” Naylor.

A pleasant, calm person, Robin had graduated from Cambridge University with degrees in Plant Science, Botany, and Landscape Designs. She began work at Tudor Close at age sixteen.