Master Character Repository

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Black
Bindle Stiff

Re: Master Character Repository

Post by Black »

cacums wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:29 am Clue Suspects did Peacock and Meadow-Brook a horrible misjustice by MIXING them up in silhouette. Further driving the "their the same" point home.
That wasn't the only time they did that either, in the mobile phone game of Cluedo SFX. They swapped the sprites for both Mrs. Peacock and Mrs. Meadow-Brook https://media.pocketgamer.com/artwork/n ... osfx03.gif

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Even though they are technically the last time Clue has been classically intact in the standard editions, I've never been too impressed with the 2002 edition and its regurgitations.
SUPPORT - Follow my progress of my expanded Clue edition -
www.patreon.com/gothicgreenhouse

Elrond
Slueth

Post by Elrond »

CluedoKid wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:04 am Even though they are technically the last time Clue has been classically intact in the standard editions, I've never been too impressed with the 2002 edition and its regurgitations.
Ah yes, I remember well your renunciation of all things Hasbro back in the day! :)

I'm curious if your mind might have been different had they included the bios that were released last year? It was the roll-out of the games that appeared so incoherent and random (new characters with no introduction, random props that didn't make sense until last year, etc.). I just remember we were all fairly confused back then... (I was just a lurker back then).

Another complaint back then was the ignoring of past incarnations: Sgt. Gray, Mme. Rose, and M. Brunette to be precise. I loved how when the bios were FINALLY released, these characters were alluded to: Lord Grey was a cartographer in the military during the War, Miles MB's father ran off with a "fortune teller" who would have been about the right age to be Sir Hugh's mother (Mme. Rose), and Prince Azure was adopted by a Frenchman who was also an arms dealer... I so wish they had continued that line of games and stories - I suspect we would have eventually seen more characters pop in.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Slightly off topic question

In SFX, How often is Mrs. Meadow-Brook the murderer for you guys? For me, it's a rarity. I used to play the game once a fortnite ever since the game's release. Say about 50 games a year - Mrs. Meadow-Brook MIGHT be the killer at least once if we're lucky

Elrond
Slueth

Post by Elrond »

No stats but she has been several times for me over the years. She’s also guilty of petty crimes in Mysteries and DVD.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Elrond wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:00 pm No stats but she has been several times for me over the years. She’s also guilty of petty crimes in Mysteries and DVD.
True but I meant random selections like the DVD General cases or the murder of her husband

Elrond
Slueth

Post by Elrond »

Black wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:31 pm
Elrond wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:00 pm No stats but she has been several times for me over the years. She’s also guilty of petty crimes in Mysteries and DVD.
True but I meant random selections like the DVD General cases or the murder of her husband
I've never played the DVD general case, but yes on the FX/SFX scenario.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Black wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:33 pm Slightly off topic question

In SFX, How often is Mrs. Meadow-Brook the murderer for you guys? For me, it's a rarity. I used to play the game once a fortnite ever since the game's release. Say about 50 games a year - Mrs. Meadow-Brook MIGHT be the killer at least once if we're lucky
A pretty average amount tbh. I think everyone has their one presumed innocent.
We had the 96 edition as kids, and my brother would always play as Mr. Green because he was always innocent. And honestly I can't think of a single game I've ever played with family where Mr. Green's been guilty.
ImageImageImageImage

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Black wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:33 pm Slightly off topic question

I used to keep track of my notepads and did a tally once. I don't remember the details specifically, but what I so remember is this: in my childhood/house Mrs. White was the killer the most, the Revolver was the weapon the most, and the Billiard Room was the room the most.

In Master Detective I have a memory of women using the Wrench all the time. Rose with the Wrench, Peacock with the Wrench, and White with the Wrench specifically.

In FX Col. Mustard was almost always the killer to the point where it was a family joke. I often wondered if my FX cards were faulty and Mustard's was bend or weighed to be pulled in shuffle. I did also have a "scratch" on the back of the Lawn Gnome which mean "honest eyes" while shuffling the weapons.

CPG
Spy

Re: Master Suspect Repository

Post by CPG »

Zoo977 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:36 pm
Her Name Sounds Clunky

I get the impression FX wanted to expand, with the new board and weapons and gameplay. And importantly the character names

Rusty is a great name. Maybe not classic, but it’s like in Easley. Certainly fitting for a gardener too unimportant to get a title. And most of all, very clearly implies a color.

I get she is blue-green, with meadows being green, brooks blue. But it doesn’t sound like a color to me. If anything, it sounds like she should be blue. It doesn’t have the same hit as the other characters - to my ears, it’s clunky and forced.
I honestly really like the name Meadow-Brook, I guess it could mostly be because I've always felt rather horrified by the name I was introduced to her as, Señora Pastora, or, as it translates...

MRS. HERDER

...I'm more than glad they got rid of that translation for her incarnation in the Marmalade app.
Ah, yes. Nothing quite as lovely as death.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

If memory serves right, Meadow-Brook is Beaumont in the French FX.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Here’s my designs for the Meadow-Brooks

Elrond
Slueth

Post by Elrond »

So I'm just pulling together a fuller list of suspects over the years and realized that the Mobil Mystery Game and the VCR Game were both released in 1985. Which set of expansion characters do you think actually came first? Apparently the Mobil Mystery Game started in February, so my initial thought is that Prussian/Oakwood/Peach would actually pre-date the Peach/Grey/Rose/Brunette expansion that came later that year. Thoughts?

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Elrond wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:37 am So I'm just pulling together a fuller list of suspects over the years and realized that the Mobil Mystery Game and the VCR Game were both released in 1985. Which set of expansion characters do you think actually came first? Apparently the Mobil Mystery Game started in February, so my initial thought is that Prussian/Oakwood/Peach would actually pre-date the Peach/Grey/Rose/Brunette expansion that came later that year. Thoughts?
It would explain the many Peaches of that time. Sir Peach, the demur Super Cluedo Challenge's Miss Peach, Nurse Peach (VCR test script), and finally the silly southern belle we all love. I think Sir Peach came first, they liked the name but weren't set on who it was. Then slowly evolved her from there.

In the same way I think the Mrs. Silver in the patent is probably what Mrs. Peacock turned into. Silver has been and can be portrayed as a greyish-blue tone. And early Mrs. Peacock's pawn seemed to lean a little more teal than blue. "Hmm if we are changing Col. Yellow to Mustard, let's find a better bluish tone: Peacock."

Elrond
Slueth

Post by Elrond »

cacums wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:31 pm
Elrond wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:37 am So I'm just pulling together a fuller list of suspects over the years and realized that the Mobil Mystery Game and the VCR Game were both released in 1985. Which set of expansion characters do you think actually came first? Apparently the Mobil Mystery Game started in February, so my initial thought is that Prussian/Oakwood/Peach would actually pre-date the Peach/Grey/Rose/Brunette expansion that came later that year. Thoughts?
It would explain the many Peaches of that time. Sir Peach, the demur Super Cluedo Challenge's Miss Peach, Nurse Peach (VCR test script), and finally the silly southern belle we all love. I think Sir Peach came first, they liked the name but weren't set on who it was. Then slowly evolved her from there.

In the same way I think the Mrs. Silver in the patent is probably what Mrs. Peacock turned into. Silver has been and can be portrayed as a greyish-blue tone. And early Mrs. Peacock's pawn seemed to lean a little more teal than blue. "Hmm if we are changing Col. Yellow to Mustard, let's find a better bluish tone: Peacock."
I've actually been thinking about what colour Peacock *should* be. When you google "peacock blue" it looks much closer to a turquoise. The addition of Dr Prussian as a royal blue/indigo colour actually supports that, I think.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Elrond wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:01 pm I've actually been thinking about what colour Peacock *should* be. When you google "peacock blue" it looks much closer to a turquoise. The addition of Dr Prussian as a royal blue/indigo colour actually supports that, I think.
It's interesting. I try to find the closest HEX code for the character's color when doing digital colors and Peacock is always my exception (Mustard too, but that's a separate personal choice). A true Peacock color ranges anywhere from a Dark Viridian to Turquoise.

Me, personally: I find the middle ground between Prussian and Azure. Azure is light blue, Peacock should be in the middle, Prussian should be a bold bluish/indigo, and Masque is the darkest midnight blue as possible. Which means I end up giving Mrs. Peacock "cornflower blue".

God forbid we make Mrs. Rivers... I'm gonna have to find a middle between Peacock and Prussian

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

ImageImageImage

Updating with a few more suspects I found while starting the project repository
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

I remember Lights, Camera, Murder - Poirot made some really awesome games

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

There aren't any clues to the Golden Goddess hidden in here, just thought you guys would like them as a curiosity. Some business cards for Jamie's Sun-Ling (not that it's easy to tell) and Cluedokid's Senor Cereza, as well as the french Dr. Olive. The doctor's address is just a real French hospital. The Ms. Mango card in the background doesn't have a full version -3-
ImageImageImageImage

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Jet Midnight (Clue Mysteries books) - A director with a traveling theatrical company, Midnight Smoke