Who’s the guiltiest suspect? (2000s games)

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Who’s the guiltiest suspect? (2000s games)

Post by Jonathan Green »

I’ve been reading the Clue Mysteries booklet online and watching the answers of Clue DVD on YouTube to make a list to see who committed the most petty crimes in those games. I’m not counting FX because there’s no true answer. I won’t say which cases where they’re the guilty party to avoid spoilers, but I’ll post the types of crimes they committed in another post.

Miss Josephine Scarlett: 8 (Mysteries: 6| DVD: 2)

Colonel Micheal Mustard: 6 (Mysteries: 4| DVD: 2)

Mrs. Blanche White: 4 (Mysteries: 4| DVD: 0)*

The Reverend Mr. John Green: 4 (Mysteries: 5| DVD: 0)

Mrs. Patricia Peacock: 5 (Mysteries: 5| DVD: 0)

Professor Peter Plum: 6 (Mysteries: 5| DVD: 1)*

Mrs. Jane Meadow-Brook: 6 (Mysteries: 5| DVD: 1)

Rusty: 4 (Mysteries: 4| DVD: 0)

Lord Alfred Gray: 5 (Mysteries: 5)

Lady Su Sian Lavender: 7 (Mysteries: 5| DVD: 2)

Miss Amelia Peach: 4 (Mysteries: 4)

Prince Philippe Azure: 6 (Mysteries: 5| DVD: 1)

So young Scarlett has committed the most crimes before Mr. Boddy’s death. Of course she got expelled from boarding school, nearly killed the lead actress she’d understudied for (Miss Peach’s mother), and stringing along wealthy widowers for their money. She only attended Boddy’s party just to avoid bad publicity from the London newspapers.

coinilius
Detective

Re: Who’s the guiltiest suspect? (2000s games)

Post by coinilius »

A nice breakdown - it doesn't really surprise me that Miss Scarlett seems to be the most guilty of the suspects (8), though it is interesting to see that Lady Lavender seems to be in second place (7)!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

I would also say that the Cluedo Party would also count. Although the mysteries take place after Black's/Boddy's Murder, there are two set solutions to the mystery and the suspect cards have the same art style.

I haven't counted them but how many murders are the suspect's guilty of in the Vicki Michell Clue Books?

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Black wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:54 pm I would also say that the Cluedo Party would also count. Although the mysteries take place after Black's/Boddy's Murder, there are two set solutions to the mystery and the suspect cards have the same art style.

I haven't counted them but how many murders are the suspect's guilty of in the Vicki Michell Clue Books?
I thought the game was set during Sir Hugh’s will reading in March 24th, 1924?

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Jonathan Green wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:40 pm
Black wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:54 pm I would also say that the Cluedo Party would also count. Although the mysteries take place after Black's/Boddy's Murder, there are two set solutions to the mystery and the suspect cards have the same art style.

One of the suspects said that Dr. Black passed away so it must have been after his murder

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Black wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:35 pm

One of the suspects said that Dr. Black passed away so it must have been after his murder
So the characters talk in the game like FX, or it’s just Ash the Butler speaking?

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Well then again, Sir Hugh has been referred as Dr. Black in DVD. Here’s a clip where Ash the Butler says that Boddy’s uncle is Dr. Black: https://youtu.be/5b-SwFRUVZk Around 17:00

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

In Cluedo Party. There is a CD that plays to move the party along, narrated by the Butler. He helps you solve 5 parts of the murder. The players play as the suspects and they have character cards that guide players into what to say and I believe it was Plum in the first game that mentioned that Dr. Black had been murdered. If I remember rightly, I think the victim (Victor Matten) was a lawyer who was in charge of the sale of the Mansion

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Jonathan Green wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:55 am

Well then again, Sir Hugh has been referred as Dr. Black in DVD. Here’s a clip where Ash the Butler says that Boddy’s uncle is Dr. Black: https://youtu.be/5b-SwFRUVZk Around 17:00
True but in the English version of DVD, Ashe says something along the lines of "Dr. Black was given the medal by his late uncle" The uncle's name wasn't mentioned

Elrond
Slueth

Post by Elrond »

Ash makes it clear that SIR Hugh Black is dead and they are gathered for his will. Conceptual art given to me by one or the game designers revealed the date of the game as March 24, 1924

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Elrond wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:26 am Ash makes it clear that SIR Hugh Black is dead and they are gathered for his will. Conceptual art given to me by one or the game designers revealed the date of the game as March 24, 1924
Really? I had the game and I am sure that both Sir Hugh and Dr. Black were both mentioned as separate characters and both of them were said to have died. Does anyone actually own the game that can verify this? I only remember the two solutions of the kit

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Are you sure this isn't a case of a change between English and American releases?

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

coinilius wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:18 am Are you sure this isn't a case of a change between English and American releases?
Cluedo Party was only released in the UK, and it’s pretty rare to find.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

coinilius wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:18 am Are you sure this isn't a case of a change between English and American releases?
I don't think there was an American release of the Party Kit

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Oh sorry I thought you were referring to one of the other 2000’s games :oops: wasn’t Cluedo Party’s release extremely limited? I have only heard of a German and Portuguese version! Has any of the resources for it ever been posted online?

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

So I reread the two Clue Mysteries books to see how was the killer most of the time, and...

Miss Scarlet: 5
Colonel Mustard: 5
Mrs. White: 5
Mr. Green: 6
Mrs. Peacock: 4
Professor Plum: 5

Mr. Green killed Mr. Boddy the most!

Now if we add these to the current tallies:

Miss Scarlet: 13
Colonel Mustard: 11
Mrs. White: 9
Mr. Green: 11
Mrs. Peacock: 9
Professor Plum: 11

Miss Scarlet is still in the lead!

Now if I could only get the answers for Clue Suspects (the puzzle game, not the card game)

TheButlerButInnocent
Snoop

Post by TheButlerButInnocent »

Jonathan Green wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:19 pm Now if I could only get the answers for Clue Suspects (the puzzle game, not the card game)
I acquired a copy recently. As I work through the puzzles, I'll tally the guilty parties. It might take a few weeks, but I'll share complete stats when I've gone through all the cases.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Given that both Mrs. Peacock and Mr. Green where the killers in Cluedo Party, I'll update the list.

Mr. Green: 12
Colonel Mustard & Professor Plum: 11
Mrs. Peacock: 10

Miss Scarlet is still first place, but the Reverend Mr. Green is quite close to taking the lead

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Jonathan Green wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:44 am Given that both Mrs. Peacock and Mr. Green where the killers in Cluedo Party, I'll update the list.

Mr. Green: 12
Colonel Mustard & Professor Plum: 11
Mrs. Peacock: 10

Miss Scarlet is still first place, but the Reverend Mr. Green is quite close to taking the lead
It wouldn't surprise me really, when I had that version's classic game, the first 5 games - Green was the killer