Should Peacock and Scarlett be mother and daughter??

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Is Miss Scarlett Mrs. Peacock's daughter.

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 9

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Should Peacock and Scarlett be mother and daughter??

Post by Jonathan Green »

In multiple Clue(do) media, Miss Scarlett has be referred being Mrs. Peacock. The most famous examples is the gameshow and the 2000s games.

Now I think Mrs. P and Scarlett are related as Mother and Daughter. There's a little jealousy between them, but they still care for each other.
I have an alternative idea where Peacock and Scarlett are Aunt and Niece.

PrinceAlarming
Private Eye

Re: Should Peacock and Scarlett be mother and daughter??

Post by PrinceAlarming »

In the Cluedo series Vivienne is Elizabeth’s step daughter from a previous marriage to Vivienne’s father before Elizabeth married Jack.

It makes sense for them to be related, but not necessary.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

PrinceAlarming wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:02 pm In the Cluedo series Vivienne is Elizabeth’s step daughter from a previous marriage to Vivienne’s father before Elizabeth married Jack.

It makes sense for them to be related, but not necessary.
I remember that.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

It’s not a version of them that I particularly lean into, Not really sure why, I just prefer them to be unrelated

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I also prefer them unrelated - particularly because I like the versions of them from the 1970s/80s era of them best.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

I think part of the reason I don’t like it is that the characters relationships and revelations should be centred around Mr Boddy, rather than being between each other, if that makes sense - Mr Boddy is the victim and everything should turn around and be connected to him.

PrinceAlarming
Private Eye

Post by PrinceAlarming »

Personally I don’t mind if they’re related; it’s not necessarily better or worse, but I like in depth connections between characters. Prof Plum kind of seemed like the odd man out in the series. You had the love triangle with Scarlet, Mustard, & Peacock, White as the live in servant to the ladies, Green as their pastor, and then Plum just randomly shoved in to round off the cast.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

PrinceAlarming wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:24 am Personally I don’t mind if they’re related; it’s not necessarily better or worse, but I like in depth connections between characters. Prof Plum kind of seemed like the odd man out in the series. You had the love triangle with Scarlet, Mustard, & Peacock, White as the live in servant to the ladies, Green as their pastor, and then Plum just randomly shoved in to round off the cast.
You could always make Peacock and Plum siblings.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

cacums wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:12 pm
PrinceAlarming wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:24 am Personally I don’t mind if they’re related; it’s not necessarily better or worse, but I like in depth connections between characters. Prof Plum kind of seemed like the odd man out in the series. You had the love triangle with Scarlet, Mustard, & Peacock, White as the live in servant to the ladies, Green as their pastor, and then Plum just randomly shoved in to round off the cast.
I remember you did that for an old series you did. Where both Plum and Peacock were both orphans and where adopted by a wealthy couple.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Jonathan Green wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:18 pm
cacums wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:12 pm
I remember you did that for an old series you did. Where both Plum and Peacock were both orphans and where adopted by a wealthy couple.
In the "Armchair Detectives" Peacock & Plum are siblings.

cluedoking123
Senior Detective
Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

Post by cluedoking123 »

Jonathan Green wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:39 pm In multiple Clue(do) media, Miss Scarlett has be referred being Mrs. Peacock. The most famous examples is the gameshow and the 2000s games.

Now I think Mrs. P and Scarlett are related as Mother and Daughter. There's a little jealousy between them, but they still care for each other.
I have an alternative idea where Peacock and Scarlett are Aunt and Niece.
I think I did the Aunt and Niece relationship in one of the games I ran on here once. Can't remember honestly lol. But I know it's an idea that's crossed my mind in the past as an alternate relationship.

I know I've also contemplated backstory where Mr. Green is related to Peacock and Scarlet.
In one breath I considered him being Mrs. Peacock's brother or brother-in-law and that Miss Scarlet is his God Daughter.
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!