Let's Play Clue - Game #1

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

Like all the other guests, Brunette and Peach found Scarlet's accusation of herself interesting and confusing. Perhaps the stress of being in this situation had caused her to snap, or perhaps she was crazy all along. At any rate, Brunette could tell she was lying, and unlike the other guests, he could prove it.

[Brunette (Niteshade) CAN disprove SCARLET/REVOLVER/STUDY]

CMustardwPipeinLibrary
"old Mustards don't really appeal to me"

Post by CMustardwPipeinLibrary »

Prof. Plum turned to Mrs. Peacock. "So Miss Scarlet confessed falsely... I thought that was the way it was. She knew you pretty well, didn't she, Mrs. Peacock?"

"What are you suggesting?" Mrs. Peacock said angrily. "That she saw me creeping around, oh, say, the Dining Room, holding that Revolver, taking a pot shot at Mrs. White and then she was trying to cover for me?"

"Well, actually, I was going to say that you were firing the Blunderbuss, but yeah, that's pretty much it."

Professor Plum suggests Mrs. Peacock with the Blunderbuss in the Dining Room.
"Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right!"

Are you gullible? Click here to find out!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

"Blunderbuss...." Madame Rose hissed under her breath to herself. "They all think I'm crazy, but they're the ones actually considering that somebody might really have used something as clunky as a blunderbuss to stalk and kill somebody. Talk about crazy."

Professor Plum was within earshot of Madame Rose, however. "You don't think the blunderbuss is a logical weapon?" He asked.

"Not for any sane person."

"Maybe we're not dealing with a sane person," Sgt. Gray said.

"Right," Miss Scarlet added dryly and rolled her eyes. "Maybe one of us is an escaped lunatic from the asylum down the road."

"That's crazy," Dr. Black said. "I know all of my guests intimately. None of us are... oh... but then again, you're not all my guests," he said looking at Sgt. Gray and Madame Rose.

"Maybe one of you two is a psychotic axe murderer come to kill us all!" Miss Peach exclaimed.

"Or both of them," suggested Professor Plum is amusement.

"Um, uh," Sgt. Gray stuttered.... "Prince Azure has got quite a build on him. If anybody can heft around an axe to go butchering somebody, it's just as likely to be him. Perhaps somewhere isolated like the ballroom. Has anybody checked for pools of blood yet?"

[Sgt. Gray (Michael) CAN DISPROVE Peacock/Blunderbuss/Dining Room]
[Sgt. Gray (Michael) SUGGESTS Azure/Axe/Ballroom]
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Niteshade007

Post by Niteshade007 »

Miss Peach cringed at the thought of someone being hacked up right here in the house she was staying in. This whole trip was a disaster, and now she had to think about a poor old woman being axed by royalty. It went against all of her beliefs. However, despite being against her idea of social status, she could not disprove that his highness Prince Azure did it.

[Miss Peach (Niteshade) CANNOT disprove AZURE/AXE/BALLROOM]

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

"How dare you," Prince Azure screamed! Driven to a sudden fury, he removed a cellphone from his pocket and tossed it at Sgt. Grey. "Think you're so smart, officer? Why don't go you ring up Lord Grey, hmm? He can really open your eyes! The very idea! It makes me so mad I could . . ."

"Well," Lady Lavender sighed, "Next thing you know, somebody will say I did it! Goodness, why don't we just go home and forget all about that contemptable old Mrs. White?"

This won Lavender a look of scorn from Azure.

"Well I'm not a heartless monster," Lavender replied. "Maybe it was a suicide. Or else she ate her own cooking."

Prince Azure can disprove the suggestion.

Niteshade007

Post by Niteshade007 »

"Ah...you seem awfully eager to return to your home, Mlle Lavender," Brunette said.

"It's Lady Lavender, thank you," she said with scorn.

"Yeah, I bet you worked real hard to get that title," Miss Peach said, not fully realizing that she had just said that aloud.

"Excuse me?" Lavender spat. Peach shrugged and continued thumbing through a magazine.

"All I am saying Lady Lavender is that you seem suspicious. It could have been you who committed ze murder. Perhaps at ze carriage house wiz ze garden gnome."

[Brunette (Niteshade) suggests LAVENDER/GARDEN GNOME/CARRIAGE HOUSE]

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

"What an insult, I've never heard anything so ridiculous before in my life. My life is an open book. I've never done anything wrong," Lady Lavender defended. Then she walked out of the room and motioned for Brunette to follow her. She began to whisper to Brunette, but all the people in the room could hear was "That horrid Miss Peach! Little faker! I'd love to slap her silly!"

Lady Lavender can disprove the suggestion.

"Hold it," Prince Azure demanded as he followed Brunette and Lavender into the hall. "Akira, there are still a couple of questions I have for you, also . . . It is well-known that you, out of any of us, are an expert on poisons. You were seen in the drawing room, I've been told. You critized Mrs. White's cooking, and housekeeping, more than the rest of us combined! Why should we believe you?"

Prince Azure suggests Lady Lavender, Poison, Drawing room.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Miss Scarlet stood up!

"Oh that can't be so Phil!" said Miss Scarlet suddenly, "I was in the Drawing Room!"

"No my dear," Dr. Black began to correct her, "I saw you in the Study, not the Drawing Room!"

"Oh wait?" said Miss Scarlet, "But I saw the poison in the Dining Room."

Dr. Black sighed again.

"That was a bottle of Tyonal," he corrected, "Mrs. White mislabled it before she was killed"

"Wait," Miss Scarlet exclaimed, determined to disprove, "I saw Lady Lavender!"

*there was a pause*

"No sweetpea," Dr. Black said finally, "I'm pretty sure it was just the lawn gnome."

"Oh" said Miss Scarlet.

She sat back down.

MISS SCARLET cannot disprove LAVENDER/POISON/DRAWING ROOM

CMustardwPipeinLibrary

Professor Plum grinned. "I guess I'm not the only one who can be mistaken for a weapon. Actually, I think I can shed a bit of light on this latest idea..."

Professor Plum can disprove Lavender/Poison/Drawing Room.
"That's right!"

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Dr. Black leered at his guests.

He needed to make an accusation that was so outlandish to the point of being rediculous..

"You!" Dr. Black extended a finger, "Miss Peach! You were jelous of Mrs. White's superhuman domestic skills that you murdered her, in the Conservatory by slipping poison into her coffee!"

DR. BLACK suggests MISS PEACH with the POISON in the CONSERVATORY

CMustardwPipeinLibrary

Mrs. Peacock concurred with Dr. Black's accusations, much to his surprise.

"Actually, I see that happening - Miss Peach wanting to gain standing with Dr. Black by getting rid of the competition and all... really, I could!"

She stood. "What do you have to say for yourself, Miss Peach?"

Mrs. Peacock (and Prof. Plum) cannot disprove Peach/Poison/Conservatory
"That's right!"

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

In the midst of the arguing, Madame Rose slipped out into the hall.

"Where are you going?" Sgt. Gray demanded.

"I think you were on the right track about looking for pools of blood earlier. If there is a pool of blood somewhere around here, it'll confirm my hunch that it definitely wasn't poison that killed Mrs. White. It probably wasn't Miss Peach that did it either. My spirit guide tells me it wasn't even in the Conservatory... You're all on the wrong track. I can feel it. I am the one who is going to solve this case..."

[Madame Rose (Michael) CAN DISPROVE Peach/Poison/Conservatory]

CMustard - You're up to suggest.

CMustardwPipeinLibrary

Professor Plum had been looking at M. Brunette for a few moments before he spoke up. "You know, I think we may have been barking up the wrong tree here. I'm starting to wonder if Brunette here tried to kill Mrs. White. I'll bet he used this Bucket I found in the Library."

Professor Plum held up the Bucket to make his point.

Professor Plum suggests M. Brunette with the Bucket in the Library.
"That's right!"

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Madame Rose was fuming to Sgt. Gray. "Now they're talking about buckets. BUCKETS! This is nonsense." She looked behind some potted plants in the hall and then under a sofa before marching into the billiard room. "Ah ha! See. Blood. I told you. Blood is real, undeniable EVIDENCE! Buckets, indeed..."

Her ranting drew some of the guests from the library next door to see what was going on.

"Are you crazy, madame?" Asked Mrs. Peacock with a laugh. "That is most certainly red wine. I spilled it earlier, myself."

Sgt. Grey looked suspiciously at her. "You play billiards?"

"Uh, no. Not exactly." Mrs. Peacock said looking away.

"She did it!" Announced Madame Rose. "That's blood and she's trying to cover it up with a red herring."

"It's not herring," said Miss Peach examining the label of an open wine bottle on the bar. "It's merlot."

Madame Rose ignored her comment. "By the amount of all that BLOOD spilled, she probably used a knife!"

[Madame Rose (Michael) CAN DISPROVE Brunette / Bucket / Library]
[Madame Rose (Michael) SUGGESTS Peacock / Knife / Billiard Room]

Niteshade?

Niteshade007

Post by Niteshade007 »

Miss Peach poured herself a glass of Merlot.

"The crazy lady's wrong," she said casually, taking a sip of the wine. "And I know how to prove it." A smirk spread across the southern belle's face.

"Maybe she was poisoned!"Brunette screamed! All the guests turned to Miss Peach, as if expecting her to fall over and die at any second.

"That's ridiculous. Maids don't drink merlot," Peach said, taking another sip.

"She still could have been poisoned!" Brunette insisted.

"Am I the only one who notices his accent slipping?" Peach asked.

"Shut up! I think that it was You, Miss Peach, with the poison, at the carriage house!

[Miss Peach (Niteshade) can disprove PEACOCK/KNIFE/BILLIARD ROOM]
[Brunette (Niteshade) suggests PEACH/POISON/CARRIAGE HOUSE]

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

"Actually," Lady Lavender started to say, "I have a confession to make." She went to Brunette and hung her head in shame, then whispered something to he, and he alone. "I am certain you are correct, Miss Peach."

Lady Lavender can disprove the suggestion.

"However, my dear Miss Peach, we've spoken quite little of both you and your dear friend, Brunette. Were you in it together, or did you do it alone and get your French paramour to help protect you?"

Lady Lavender suggests Peach with the blunderbus in the carriage house.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Dr. Black looked at Miss Scarlet

Miss Scarlet looked at Dr. Black

"It's possible," they both replied in unson.

DR. BLACK and MISS SCARLET cannot disprove PEACH/BLUNDERBUSS/CARRIAGE HOUSE

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

CMustard - you're up. (I know you had some difficulty logging in because of our technical difficulties, but everything should be up and running now. If you have any other problems, let me know.)

CMustardwPipeinLibrary

No problems now.

Professor Plum stood, pointing a finger in no direction in particular. "Now, I don't know about this whole conspiracy theory, Lady Lavender. I highly doubt that there was more than one person involved in this murder. That being said, the idea that Miss Peach used the Blunderbuss in the Carraige house is still possible - I don't have any evidence to the contrary. But I can tell you this: if this was a plot between two or more of us, I would be very surprised."

Professor Plum (and Mrs. Peacock) cannot disprove Peach/Blunderbuss/Carraige House.
"That's right!"

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

"AHHHHHHH," Madame Rose screamed in frustration. "Are you people mad? Did I not just point out the blood in the billiard room?! Why are you even entertaining the idea of this murder occurring in the carriage house?!"

[Madame Rose (Michael) CAN DISPROVE Peach / Blunderbuss / Carriage House]

Cluedokid to suggest...