Let's Play Clue - Game #1

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I honestly think we should. When it's played more like a logic puzzle, people tend to get bored after a long time.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

Oh, well, I've received "cards" and I've given them...I'm sorry, I thought it was like the game.

Since I think there was some confusion (I know at least Kristev made the same mistake) we should probably keep it up like the board game, and maybe next time make it a logic puzzle.

It's up to you, of course, you started the game, and it was your idea.

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

To me, with so many players, and no track sheet, I would get lost on a logic puzzle. Let us play with cards.

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

"Scarlet," Prince Azure gasped. She had many sins on her plate to confess, but murder? Unthinkable, but then again, how could anyone tell?

"Rope," Lady Lavender wondered, but her wondering provided her no answers as she clutched her chin.

"Gazebo," Prince Azure said then, to break his tension. "I was never there."

"Neither was I," Lady Lavender stated, "I know nothing."

Prince Azure cannot disprove the suggestion. Lady Lavender cannot disprove the suggestion.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Kristev wrote:To me, with so many players, and no track sheet, I would get lost on a logic puzzle. Let us play with cards.
Geesh, I guess I'm out voted. Although I do have to say that playing without cards is far more interesting (and easier with more players). You just have to create your own tracking sheet and develop your methods.

But in any case, just so everybody is all on the same page:
Cluedokid needs to show Michael Gray/Revolver/Carriage House
Kristev needs to show Niteshade Black/Candlestick/Drawing Room
Michael needs to show Kristev Black/Candlestick/Drawing Room
CMustard needs to show Cluedokid Plum/Axe/Study
Niteshade needs to show CMustard Scarlet/Poison/Gazebo
Niteshade needs to show Michael Rose/Rope/Study

That's where we stand at this point. If you haven't revealed your card via PM yet, please do so and we can continue the game.

It's Cluedokid's turn to disprove Scarlet/Rope/Gazebo
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Dr. Black looked at his guests and blinked. Then he turned to Miss Peach looking pretty sure that she had solved the conumdrum.

"I'm sorry my dear," said Dr. Black ruefully, "But I'm afraid that just isn't so..."

*Dr. Black can disprove the suggestion.

[Mod: Kristev - it is your turn to suggest]

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

"You're absolutely right, of course," Lady Lavender then replied. "How silly it was of me to think you were responsible, Dr. Black. Everyone knows Madame Rose is the most likely killer. After all, I don't really know you, Madame. Don't think I didn't see you with the garden gnome earlier."

Lady Lavender suggests Madame Rose in the drawing room with the garden gnome.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

"Scarlet, my dear," exclaimed Dr. Black, "Please exuse me if I am wrong but did I not see you at one point in the Drawing Room? Because that's what the Lady thinks."

"Oh Blackipoo," cooed Miss Scarlet upon a red loveseat, "I left that room long before that maid was murdered. Why?"

"Oh, I though... err nevermind," Dr. Black shrugged, "I guess I got nothing.

Miss Scarlet blinked at him, "Well you know, I saw the garden gno...er nevermind it was just Professor Plum."

Miss Scarlet nor Dr. Black can disprove the suggestion.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Just a request - instead of saying you can or cannot disprove "the suggestion", can we say can or cannot disprove Name/Weapon/Room.

I think that would help keep things clearer.

CMustard, on to you!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I don't quite see how that would really help. Wouldn't the other person know if you specified name?

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Cluedokid25 wrote:I don't quite see how that would really help. Wouldn't the other person know if you specified name?
I don't mean which specifically you disprove (or not). But repeating the suggestion so there is no uncertainty. For instance, you could have stated, Miss Scarlet CANNOT disprove Rose/Drawing Room/Gnome.

Along that same note, if you are going to say both of your characters CANNOT disprove a suggestion, can you state it that way. Saying neither CAN disprove the suggestion might easily be misread and cause trouble for other players.

I just want to make it as simple as possible.

Bjyman
Suspect

Post by Bjyman »

So each of you guys are two players? Were you given this information with your cards?

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

we all selected random suspects/rooms/weapons which were shuffled and delt (as cards) by a non-playing member so that we can play a game of Clue. This if our first game and we're working out the kinks. If you're interested, you can join in once this game is over. In the meantime, there are a number of other role playing games in the Misc. section.

CMustardwPipeinLibrary
"old Mustards don't really appeal to me"

Post by CMustardwPipeinLibrary »

Professor Plum was upset - obviously, since Miss Scarlet had made fun of his age. He went over to have a little... chat with Miss Scarlet...

Mrs. Peacock, meanwhile, after a moment's thought, said, "I certainly didn't see Madame Rose. She could have done it, I suppose..."

Mrs. Peacock (and Prof. Plum) cannot disprove Madame Rose/Garden Gnome/Drawing Room.
"Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right!"

Are you gullible? Click here to find out!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

"Rose... Suppose..." Madame Rose said with a sneer in a futile attempt to deflect the attention from her. "Are you trying to be clever with that silly little rhyme?"

[Madame Rose (Michael) CANNOT disprove Rose/Gnome/Drawing Room]

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

After all of the other guests were unable to prove any of the given situation false, Brunette stepped in. He revealed some very intriguing information, and thus shed more light on the case.

[Niteshade CAN disprove Rose/Drawing Room/Gnome]

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Cluedokid - it is your turn to suggest!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Dr. Black turned to his younger lover.

"My dear," he said, "Do you have something to say?"

"Yes," Miss Scarlet spoke aloud to everybody in the room, "I just wanted to say that this is taking farrrr to long and we could just end it. All I would have to say is that I did it with the Revolver in the Study."

MISS SCARLET suggests MISS SCARLET with the REVOLVER in the STUDY.

CMustardwPipeinLibrary
"old Mustards don't really appeal to me"

Post by CMustardwPipeinLibrary »

Professor Plum immediately turned back to Miss Scarlet. "I have this strange feeling you're lying, but I have no idea why - and, actually, I don't have any way to prove that you are, either."

He turned to the others. "Does anyone else have any information they'd like to share that could be helpful?"

Professor Plum (and Mrs. Peacock) cannot disprove Scarlet/Revolver/Study.
"Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right!"

Are you gullible? Click here to find out!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Sgt. Gray looked around at the colorful group of suspects with unease and his imagination took him back to the dime-store noir detective books that so fascinated him as a kid and led to his eventual career in law enforcement. The dame in red was definitely beautiful, he had to give her that. But was she a femme fatale, the likes of which graced the covers of his cherished paperbacks? Where could she have gotten a gun? The good doctor was probably the type to keep one loaded in his desk drawer in the study. A man of his wealth maybe liked to keep a little extra protection around the house. In easy reach. The way Scarlet kept pawing him, she had to have been around long enough to know every inch of the house like every inch of the old man's body. Yes... she knew where to find the gun.... But did she have the guts to use it? And if so why? Maybe her confession simply an act to protect someone. If so, who?

With all these questions dancing around Sgt. Gray's head, really only one mattered: Where was the gun now?

"Care to explain yourself, ma'am?"

[Sgt. Gray (Michael) CANNOT disprove Scarlet/Revolver/Study]