VCR Clue

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Well to be fair, the Conservatory has more than one plant, but a conservatory is hardly the name I'd use to describe that room.
SUPPORT - Follow my progress of my expanded Clue edition -
www.patreon.com/gothicgreenhouse

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

Yeah, I see what you mean in the daytime scenes. And I see there is a baby grand piano and music stand as well. But why not just make it the "Lounge"?

Also, did anyone notice that the suspect cards they use in the instructional scenes have the 1972 title script? Obviously the prototype was based on the '72 game and they changed their minds before it went to press.

I was really surprised to see the Phil Orbanes of Winning Moves wrote the music for the game.

cyanideIlovecyanide
Snoop

Post by cyanideIlovecyanide »

Murder by Death wrote:
In the intro, why does Mrs. White carry a tray of colored water, red, yellow, blue, green and clear, and offer it to the guests as "white wine"? Only Colonel Mustard comes the closest to looking like he's drinking white wine, though it looks more like a urine sample. Meanwhile, why isn't the glass meant for Professor Plum colored purple? This is just dumb.
That's foreshadowing the later revelation that Mrs. White is color blind - like Sgt. Gray.

cyanideIlovecyanide
Snoop

Post by cyanideIlovecyanide »

alwaysPeacock wrote:Inspector Pry posted a wanted poster for the suspects. They had earlier agreed to stop being criminals. This poster sparks their intrest and as the end credits roll we see the weapons being removed from the bar one at a time. You don't see the takers faces but you can tellby their clothing who it is.
Indeed, the characters had all previously agreed to "go straight" and renounce their former lives of crime. Inspector Pry, however, posted a flyer offering a reward for each of the ten suspects, "dead or alive." This sparked the suspects' ever-present homicidal greed, and, like the first VCR game, the second ends with all of the suspects on a murderous rampage; trying to kill one another off.

Each suspect had specified crimes for which they were "wanted." If I recall correctly, Mme. Rose and Sgt. Gray were wanted for "being weird."

I've always loved the VCR games and their renderings of the suspects. In some ways, I've considered the back story provided for each suspect in the VCR games to be my favorite "canon." At least in my own mind.