VCR Clue

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Cluedokid25

VCR Clue

Post by Cluedokid25 »

Im geting the Clue VCR game off E-bay. I won it 2 weeks ago and i have payed for it. can anyone tell me what the game is like? Im really excited to get it.

Post by Guest »

I only tried playing it once because my fellow players seemed to get frustrated by it very easily. So sadly, I've never played a full game of it. But the video is fun to watch by itself. If I remember correctly, you have to watch scenes and remember them correctly to complete a sort of logic puzzle. For instance, you might get a card that says something like, "In the room with the brown floor, the woman who held the candlestick is not a murderer." If you gather enough of these clues, you are supposed to piece together whodunit. Easier said than done...

-Michael

Cluedokid25

Post by Cluedokid25 »

thanks. That helps . I'll do my best to understand the rules. Im going to take a lot of notes when i do get to play it.

Horrible thought to think that Miss Scarlet could get murdered!! :o

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

That reminds me of one of the bizarre aspects of the game. Sometimes you would have multiple murders with suspects killing off other suspects, but there really is no motive for it. It just seems odd.

-Michael
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Cluedokid25

Post by Cluedokid25 »

Yay!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My VCR Clue game arrived today!

I,ve only so far watched the video. The acting is cheesey, but the actors all worked well together and I love it!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Do you have the first one or Clue II?

-Michael

Cluedokid25

Post by Cluedokid25 »

the first one

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 »

Cluedokid25 wrote:Yay!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My VCR Clue game arrived today!

I,ve only so far watched the video. The acting is cheesey, but the actors all worked well together and I love it!
I agree, the acting is horribly chesey but it's still fun! I have both and i've watched both Videos but like the guest who posted i've never played, it looked to confusing, I hated in the second one when they address the audience, that was so cheep. My favorite part was when Miss. Scarlet would slip poison into her ring and then empty it later! That ring is awsome! I wish i could have props from the filming of that! That would be awsome! If you watch till after the credits in the second one it says which hotel the "US hotel room" scenes were filmed in! Its some hotel in Rhode Island, it would be cool to go there! Anyhow i'm carring on and i need to do my homework so i'll shutup! :wink:

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

I believe it was Belcort Castle that it was filmed in. I keep meaning to trek out there and see it.

There is a great website with lots of information about the Clue VCR games including a lot of behind the scenes information at: www.geocities.com/cluevcr/

-Michael

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 »

oh yea,cool! :D

Cordero
Suspect

Post by Cordero »

do you know any existence of divx/vcd backups?
(indecently borrowed image from theartofmurder.com)

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 »

Um.....Whats that :?: :?:

Cordero
Suspect

Post by Cordero »

vhs tapes ripped and encoded to avi or mpg files.
(indecently borrowed image from theartofmurder.com)

Cluedokid25

Post by Cluedokid25 »

btw, Im now getting the Clue II Murder in Disguise for Christmas!!!

can anyone tell me what that one is like? for example is it better than the first?
:? :? :? :? :? :? :?

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock »

Clue II is also cheesy, but funnier since the actors had gotten to know their characters better.

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 »

Clue II is much much much chessier because now they address the audience, thats the cheesiest part! Also Inspector Pry is stupid he like stabs a knife in the couch for no reason! And then the suspects are like traveling from country to country trying to get away from inpector pry, at the end there is no real ending, when it started rolling the credits i was like WHAT?!? THATS IT?!?!?

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock »

The first one didn't really end either. Just everybody running through the house and Didit welcoming us to Boddy Mansion.

Cluedokid25

Post by Cluedokid25 »

I know that, but because, the first dindnt end It left an opening for a second

btw how did the second end??

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock »

Inspector Pry posted a wanted poster for the suspects. They had earlier agreed to stop being criminals. This poster sparks their intrest and as the end credits roll we see the weapons being removed from the bar one at a time. You don't see the takers faces but you can tellby their clothing who it is.

Cluedokid25

Post by Cluedokid25 »

The game sounds cool and I can't wait for Christmas!!

Oh by the way for Christmas Im getting my best friend a Clue SNES game for his Super Nintendo set for Christmas. How Grenerous of me! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: