3D mansion

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Cluedokid25

3D mansion

Post by Cluedokid25 »

I'm new to the forum.

I thought people would like to know that i created a model of the clue mansion out of carboard! I painted the whole mansion as well as making the furniture and characters out of plastercine. My sister did some of the rugs. She did a great job of making the rug in the Hall! I even created new charecters as well as the basic six. The newcomers are: Miss Goldenrod (gold), Capt. Aqua (sky blue) and Lord Cinder (reddish-brown).

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Wow! Sounds awesome. Do you have any pictures you can show us?

(And Welcome to the board!)

-Michael
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Cluedokid25

Post by Cluedokid25 »

I 'd be more than happy to show some pictures, except i havent taken any yet :oops:

Post by Guest »

If anyone wants me to, I cant decribe how it all looks like, and is put together. PLus I can explain the game that goes along with it.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Please do! I'm sure that we would all like to hear.

-Michael
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Cluedokid25

Post by Cluedokid25 »

Here is How it all looks like( do note this is paint and plastercine and is not the real thing):

Hall- I made the walls a deep manhogany colour with homemade portaits of Lord and Lady Black along the walls. The floor is marble with black dimond shaped marble in neat lines.An indian rug graces the floor. I made the double doors tall and a cherry bark colour. There's a table in the center with the CANDLESTICK on top. There are also a couble chairs, a telephone and a statue of a greek goddess.

Lounge- The walls are a nice cream yellow. The floor is wooden with a nice red and green rug. Theres a white marble fireplace with a painting above the mantle. There are a bunch of sofas and chairs as well as a grand father clock and an old fasioned radio. the window are high arched and a DAGGER lies on the cabanet.

Dining Room- I made the uper half of the walls a warm orange and the lower half brown. Theres a dining table in the center with seven little chairs surrounding. There is also a fireplace, a sideboard, a mirror and A GLASS OF POSION on the table.

Kitchen- Nothing really special about the kitchen except that the walls are white and it has a checkerboard marble floor. It looks very, very similar to the 1996 edition of Clue.The neat looking WRENCH is in here as well.

Ballroom-I painted the walls purple with red accents. Another white marble fireplace and painting. the floor is tan squares with gold accents. Theres the usual grand piano, recliner chair a sofa, a tall candlabra and a bass. I tosed in a piece of string tied up to repersent a ROPE.

Conservatory-This room is nice because I made the walls Half aqua, half burgendy, with silver stripes. Theres a big flower box, a potted plant, a foutain with a cherub. and a wicker table and chairs. Oh yeah the LEAD PIPE as well. before I forget, all the rooms have windows;).

Billiard Room- The walls are a nice red and brown. similar style to the B.R. in Murder at Boddy Mansion. The Pool table is there as well as a cue rack, a chair, a bar, a RIFLE, and a painting of the Mona Lisa.

Library- The walls are a deep, deep ash brown. with a table in the center, a red sofa and chair, a red and Black fireplace and painting, I managed to sneak an AXE in the room, somehow. of course the Bookcases are there.

Study- Finally the Study! The walls are a cherry bark coloured, and the floor is tan and shaped into dimond tiles. I have the Desk and chair as well as the private REVOLVER! Theres a fireplace with a clock on top, a painting of Mr. Boddy, a chair, a bookcase, and of couse the globe of the world! which by the way was hard to make!

I hope you enjoy my writeup and images will be coming soon!

Cluedofan
Expert Witness

3D Clue

Post by Cluedofan »

Wow! Sounds like you put a lot of hard work into that. Sounds like you made some excelent choices!

I've been playing with 3D modelling on the computer for something I'm working on for Cluedofan.com - it's fun creating the rooms and deciding on the decor, furniture etc.

I've only done a couple of rooms so far though - I never get the time to work on it. Hoping to spend more time on it soon though...

Well done. It would be fun to see some pictures some time.

Paul

Post by Guest »

I aslo made a game out of it. For any one willing to hear the rules ill post it.
can't wait to see your 3D mansion Cluedofan!

Cluedokid25

Post by Cluedokid25 »

Heres how the game works for my model:

first of all you need at least two players(one person to make the mystery and one person to solve it)

The person making the mystery sets up a senario (e.g. Mr. Boddy was found dead in his study, stabbed) as well as placing the characters and weapons in the rooms they want. Then the person doing the solveing the mystery uses a detective pawn to go to different rooms to seek clues.

If there is a suspect in the room, The person can interrigate them asking any question they want related to the mystery. The other person has to answer each question in the voice of that character and as well as making sense.

The game ends when an correct accussation is made complete with a confession from the character.

Any questions?

Cluedokid25

Post by Cluedokid25 »

I finaly got some pics of the mansion, I just need to develop them.

By the way Im in the middle of game I set up for my mom to try out.

The solution is:

Prof. Plum killed Mr. Boddy with the Wrench in the Lounge, then Miss Goldenrod took a swing at Boddy's body with the Axe in the Lounge not relizing he was dead.

there were pervious mysterys I did with my mom the answers to the last two were:
Mr. Green with the Knife in the Study,
Mrs. White with the Revolver in the Conservatory

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

:cry: Sob!!! :cry: I kinda lost hope for showing you guys my pics :cry:

A week ago, my computer got screwed up and our scanner got de-installed

We couldnt find the CD to install it back on my machine.

Now my computer is fried and a CD is still missing! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry guys :cry: :cry: :cry:

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

computer is no longer fried :D

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Ive come up with a new prgject, Im making a clue board out of clay! It will also be 3D and I will keep you guysa posted

It will be along the lines of the SNES style of the mansion

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Well I got a picture! Its not the best but it will do:

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 »

:shock: That's really great! I wish I could do something like that!
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Thanks!

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock »

Did you make the game pieces to the right of the picture as well? i'd love to see a picture of those up close.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

Post by Colonel Gray Poopond »

Wow!
All you need is love!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

alwaysPeacock wrote:Did you make the game pieces to the right of the picture as well? i'd love to see a picture of those up close.
Well I do have a pic of them up closes, its just not great quality

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

You are a very talented artist, Cluedokid. That is so impressive. I would also like to see the suspect tokens. They look pretty neat.