Clue: It Edition

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Clue: It Edition

Post by PeachFreak »

Forgive me if this has been shared already, but the title makes it a bit of a challenge to search for it. That said, USAopoly has released a themed edition based on the remake of Stephen King’s IT with the object of discovering which kid was taken by Pennywise.

https://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/cgi- ... gJMBfD_BwE
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Re: Clue: It Edition

Post by Murder by Death »

PeachFreak wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:24 pm Forgive me if this has been shared already, but the title makes it a bit of a challenge to search for it. That said, USAopoly has released a themed edition based on the remake of Stephen King’s IT with the object of discovering which kid was taken by Pennywise.

https://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/cgi- ... gJMBfD_BwE
Posted March 1, and now appears to have been deleted along with various other topics.

http://theartofmurder.com/forums/viewto ... 1&p=138204

This is all that’s left on a Google Search:
Stephen King's IT edition from Usaopoly - TheArtofMurder.com
TheArtofMurder.com › viewtopic

Mar 3, 2019 · Interesting. It's another variation on the Supernatural, Riverdale formula. And they're still using the 2011 board layout. Looks like Hasbro is trying to make a distinction between these branded

Sad.

I don’t think I’m up to rehash it.

We posted links to Michaels reviews of it as well on his YouTube site.

Oh well.

Another one bites the dust.

RIP

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP »

I'm sorry... I'm doing the best I can but at times with 50+ new spam posts it gets difficult. I already check during break time at work and I don't get too much of that.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

BBP wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:24 am I'm sorry... I'm doing the best I can but at times with 50+ new spam posts it gets difficult. I already check during break time at work and I don't get too much of that.
It’s not your fault. It’s just an unfortunate situation. It’s too bad you can’t delete into a temporary trash bin, that gives you a few days to review before they’re wiped from the server, like most email clients. Or better yet an archive that lets you restore until the next change updates it.

I do thank you for your efforts.

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP »

There's a "soft delete" where the deleted topics end up in one queue but to me they still show up in the original forum. Worse: on at least 2 occasions the software decided to "hard delete" (meaning the topics are also out of the database) when I wanted to soft delete. So I don't use that and decided to check more often, even if that does mean the people at my work look at me funnily when I visit a forum with the name The Art Of Murder.

Elrond
Slueth

Post by Elrond »

BBP- thanks for all your hard work keeping us going! I wonder if it’s really sustainable though... I can’t see you doing that forever, and the spambots are just computers so they won’t stop... maybe we should begin talking as active members where to go from here?

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP »

Let's try to get in touch with Michael about this first.

The only thing that needs to happen is there needs to be a good way of preventing the spammers from getting in. There's some very good verification software for PHPBB where you need to drag pictures in the proper column for instance. We could also open up an extra forum here, and move all the topics in General Discussion there. Most spammers stick to posting in Forum 1- if Forum 1 is a specially designed spam forum it's not going to interrupt discussion, especially if it's made into a hidden forum. If necessary I'll bring in my BF who is a programmer, he runs a large forum and has developed tons of tricks to keep them all out.