The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Post Reply
User avatar
BBP
Senior Detective
Posts: 1219
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by BBP »

I had a nightmare about this game last night, not the first time I dreamed about GG...

User avatar
Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 2900
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Jonathan Green »

BBP wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:48 am I had a nightmare about this game last night, not the first time I dreamed about GG...
What was the dream about?
Image

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2520
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

"Doctor, our priority of course is our own salvation, and while the nurse has assured Ashe will prevail, would there be anything you'd recommend would help him should we manage to pass through the doctor's office? I am hoping somehow we can get answers from him once he's able to do so."

Image

"Ask the nurse. I'm a therapist, not a surgeon. Doctorates are not so easily transferable."

"And you already made that rush to the doctor's office, you got what we needed." Brown looks aside. "Or at least, you got what they had. *beep* of a place to stitch someone up, ain't it?"

"Ah, ehm, yes..."

ImageImage

Brown smiles towards the doctor. "If we find a spare anaesthesiologist hidden in a drawer somewhere, we'll bring them in, don't worry." Black may not be in a joking mood, but you notice the words bring a glimmer of a smile to his face.

"I do trust the nurse's judgement, from what I've seen. But if you want my opinion as a medical professional..."

He deftly straightens his glasses. "...the only way to ensure his continued health is to get out and stop the goddаmn colonel."

"You don't need to tell us twice, believe me."

Image

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Use an item
>Move (Kitchen / Restroom / Grand hall)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

CluedoKid
Con Artiste
Posts: 17860
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:05 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by CluedoKid »

(Whoops, sometimes I forget our past actions.) :oops:
SUPPORT - Follow my progress of my expanded Clue edition -
www.patreon.com/gothicgreenhouse

Image

User avatar
Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 2900
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Jonathan Green »

Let's look out the window (without being seen of course) to see if the Colonel is still out there.
Image

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2520
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

"Wait here," you tell the trio. Your footsteps are silent as you approach the stage, the wooden steps only barely creaking as you ascend. You only peer your eyes above the bottom edge of the window, and gaze out into the abyss.

The darkness is thankfully not complete. The slow pivoting of the lighthouse beacon provides plenty of light to see the front walkway. You peer through the murk to the best of your abilities, but between the front walkway and the garden shed, you cannot discern any figures.

"Do you see anything?" Brown asks.

"He's not out front, not now anyways." You are quick to step away from the windows. "Not now at least, but I can't see down to the shoreline."

A single rampant killer, running loose on this massive grounds... you had best be careful.

Image

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Use an item
>Move (Kitchen / Restroom / Grand hall)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

CluedoKid
Con Artiste
Posts: 17860
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:05 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by CluedoKid »

Open the window, get Scarlet on the harp and Black on the piano and do a duet with Brown to attract attention. Sing, "The Colonel's Got a Cute Pink Thong."
SUPPORT - Follow my progress of my expanded Clue edition -
www.patreon.com/gothicgreenhouse

Image

User avatar
Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 2900
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Jonathan Green »

Enter the kitchen
Image

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2520
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

"I believe what we need," you order, stepping onto the stage, "is a lure."

Image

"A lure? Are you sure?"

You push the two stage windows open, just a crack. Enough to let some noise out. "We cannot make the colonel more of a threat than he already is. What we can do is rile him up, and get him angry. Emotion will cloud his judgment, make him choose rash desicions, and ultimate make him an easier target. Taunting him will put us in a more favorable position to fight..."

Your words trail off as you hear laughter. Not a single chuckle, A continued, gritty laugh.

ImageImageImage

Black and Brown appear to know something you don't. They smile and glance between each other. "We're the perfect set-up for this, ain't we, Germaine? You take the piano... Do either of you know how to play the harp?"

"I can try," Miss Scarlet beams.

Brown cracks his knuckles while ascending the shallow steps to the stage. "When you're out on the water, you get used to singing the time away. Let's see what I can make up. Play us in, old boy."

The doctor plays a simple glissando, before tapping out a catchy yet simple ragtime rhythm. Miss Scarlet gradually plucks and pings in notes, finding a handful of strings that are on key and exclusively sticking with those. Brown follows the three-four rhythm, opening his eyes and belting out the first exteporaneous line;

"Colonel wears a thong"

Miss Scarlet refrains from laughing.

"Got a cute pink thong,
If you wanna hear all his secrets,
Then just take a peek at this song.
Isn't very long."


Image

You slowly remove your hand from your mouth, shock melting into a guilty smile. The captain proudly belts what are, at least for an improvised song, impressively constructed lyrics. There's a color to his cheeks and a strength to his delivery as he proclaims his coarse humor with operatic bravado.

"Got a skirt,
Wears it to his work,
Where the colonel puts on a show
And the tips make him throw off his shirt.
Cheeky little flirt.
And for enough he might let you insert!

Bright pink heels,
Got 'em for a steal.
Match his mustard pantyhoes,
Give him five bucks and he goes down to kneel.
City's cheapest deal.
Pet him, call him 'good girl,' and you'll make him squeal!"


All the tension in your shoulders seems to lift at the unashamed vulgarity. Large smiles beam across all your faces, and you notice, that of Orchid peeking through the doorway. At a short break in the captain's word-crafting, you catch Scarlet's attention. "I'm going to check something," you assure her, and allow them to resume their taunting.

Image

The kitchen remains just about unchanged since you last entered. You leave the door open a crack, focusing while you listen to Brown make up an interlude about the Colonel's choice in bikinis. It is jarring to know a young man lays dead inside the freezer while such tacky fanfare plays.

>Examine
>Search
>Use an item
>Move (Dining room / Freezer)
>Other
Last edited by Zoo977 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
BBP
Senior Detective
Posts: 1219
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by BBP »

(i'd continue the game but I'm laughing too much) :lol:

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 7525
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

We've only got a Dagger, I'd say take the Meat Cleaver as a spare weapon

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2520
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

You don't want to imagine what Mustard would do with something like this. There is a reassuring heft to the cleaver as you pick it up. Just holding it makes you feel prepared.

Image

>Examine
>Search
>Use an item
>Move (Dining room / Freezer)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
cacums
Ringer
Posts: 11555
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 11:58 am
Location: If I told you it wouldn't be a secret anymore

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by cacums »

Let's check the InstantPot on the fridge! You never know where more incriminating photos, a secret cellphone, or Sprinkles the Crab™ might turn up next.

After that, we should probably regroup with our band and figure out the game plan. Mustard is definitely angry, but where is he? And how close...
Image

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2520
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

It may be a stretch of a stretch, but with the danger the colonel has presented, you cannot be too safe. You reach up atop the refridgerator, slowly sliding out the pressure cooker. An expensive model too, by the looks of it. You place it down carefully on the counter, and run your fingers across the closure ridge. No added sealant, not that you can feel, and it certainly is not plugged in.

You open the lid, and are relieved to find it empty. No hidden photos or leftover crab bisque, but more importantly, no explosive materials. If he was planning to make explosives, a pressure cooker bomb would be a powerful weapon, but the colonel has left one of the most potentially explosive objects untouched. You exhale in relief.

The music has come to a stop. "Cordelia?" Black yells through the doors.

"Over here," you say, hurrying back to the dining room.

Image

Your impromptu band walks up towards you with a new vigor.

ImageImageImage

"He should be nice an' angry now," Brown chuckles. "Gotta admit, it feels a bit foolish..."

"...But not enough to stop your smirking," Scarlet adds.

"It was... a memorable experience, Captain."

You cannot hide your own smile. The man before you seems entirely different from the nervous wreck you saw arrive earlier today. "Why'd you leave, were you looking for something?" He asks.

"I was further assessing the situation. No potential weapons were taken from the kitchen, and I don't believe the Colonel intends to use improvised explosives. I wanted to be certain of both before we left this wing."

Brown scratches at the back of his head. "No, that don't sound like the Mustard I remember. Though that was forty years ago, I s'pose."

Miss Scarlet plays with one of her dreadlocks, speaking thoughtfully. "Yes, he's faced all of his victims personally, hasn't he? The poisoning and the distance shooting were done by Silver."

"That may be our best point of attack," you muse aloud. "Without his gun, he can only kill us up-close. Between the three of us, we should be able to use his approach to subdue him. Of course, that doesn't tell us how he intends to leave the island, but I digress."

Brown breaks a silent pause by cracking his knuckles in front of him. "Then what are we waiting for? We've had our fun, but the longer we wait here, the more time he has to do something awful. Talk is fine, but we need to take action quick."

Image

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Change partners
>Use an item
>Move (Grand hall / Kitchen / Lounge)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

CluedoKid
Con Artiste
Posts: 17860
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:05 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by CluedoKid »

Ask,

"Does anyone recall anywhere in this god forsaken place where there might be any long range weapons?"
SUPPORT - Follow my progress of my expanded Clue edition -
www.patreon.com/gothicgreenhouse

Image

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2520
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

The tragic events have chipped your patience thin. "Does anyone recall anywhere in this god forsaken place where there might be any long range weapons?" You pinch the bridge of your nose.

ImageImageImage

Black steps forward. "I've tried the shotgun in the billiard room, it isn't functional. What have we for guns?"

ImageImage

"There was Boddy's gun, but that ran out of ammo." Miss Scarlet holds out her fingers, counting as she recalls. "The shotgun doesn't work. Colonel Mustard had a gun, but that was thrown into the ocean. Could that be retrieved?"

"Ain't no way, girlie. Didit threw it a good twenty feet out I'd say, no getting it back now."

She nods in understanding. "And Kenny wasn't wearing a holster either. I doubt we will find a spare crossbow laying around, either. There weren't even darts in the billiard room."

You tap your foot in a quick rhythm, frustrated.

"If all other options are uanvailable..."

Image

Black clears his throat. "A cord and a bit of cloth would be enough to make a primitive sling. Barring that solution, I suppose anything small and sharp COULD be considered ranged, with a strong enough throwing arm of course."

The few options do not ease your mind. "We're talking medieval armaments now. No, this is more like neolithic tools."

Miss Scarlet shrugs. "If that's our best option, then it's time to play caveman."

Image

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Change partners
>Use an item
>Move (Grand hall / Kitchen / Lounge)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 2900
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Jonathan Green »

So maybe we could check the Colonel's room for ammo, and Rose & Brunette's for weapons too.
Image

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 7525
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

This is an ABSOLUTE longshot but bare with me.

Captain Brown was in the army, wouldn't he be able to fix the shotgun? And since we have the cheap lipstick, couldn't we turn that into a shell?

User avatar
BBP
Senior Detective
Posts: 1219
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by BBP »

And Silver's room, check that. We are still not sure where the poison that was used to kill Charlie came from.

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2520
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

"Alright... let's move."

You finally pull the bandaghe and lead way out of the dining room. You gaze back through the doors before closing the gap.

Image

The door rattles as Dr. Black barricades the final entrance. Your pocket of safety is closed off. The three of you gather around Rose's body, bobbing upon the water.

You gesticulate as you beg, "This is an ABSOLUTE longshot but bare with me. Captain Brown, you were in the army, wouldn't you be able to fix the shotgun? And since we have my lipstick, couldn't we turn that into a shell?"

ImageImage

You sheepishly pass over the well-used tube, holding your thumb over the clearance tag. The captain thankfully doesn't react to it.

"Well, this won't do, it's all plastic. It could work if it was metal and had the right diameter, but we'd still need to punch a fuse through the bottom and find some gunpowder. We'd also need cotton filler and some sort of projectile..." He hands you back your lipstick. "Ma'am, it's a good thought, but that shotgun is sealed. Boddy soldered the barrels shut. The mechanics are fine, sure, but we can't load it."

"Unless we saw off the end of the barrel." Scarlet adds quickly. Brown nods, rubbing his scruffy beard.

"Unless we saw off the barrel, sure. But we'd still need a saw."

"The tool shed's right outside."

"True. Don't forget the metal lipstick."

You both look to Scarlet. "My makeup bag is in our room."

You find yourself halfway to the doors before you say, "We're heading upstairs. Come quick."

Image

The rush upstairs is frantic. Even with the carpet dampening the noise, your combined footfalls are loud. "So we could check the Colonel's room for ammo, and Rose & Brunette's for weapons too. Oh, and Silver's room, check that too. We are still not sure where the poison that was used to kill Charlie came from."

Image

ImageImage

It is only when you reach the second floor that you notice your partners' uncertainty.

"Could... one of you grab my bag instead?" Scarlet asks with natural horror.

"You won't go in there. Just wondering if we should search all those rooms." Brown asks. "Sure it'll give us more to look at, but searching a room takes time."

Something, you fear, may be rapidly running out. "And if we split off and search individually, we won't have each other for protection."

Curse all these choices. You spin the master key between your fingers as you make your decision...

>What will you say/do?
ImageImageImageImage

Post Reply