Discover the *real* secrets

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

ZachBlack000
Master Detective

Re: Discover the *real* secrets

Post by ZachBlack000 »

MrBoddy2003 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:38 pm
Jonathan Green wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:01 pm
MrBoddy2003 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:29 pm Yes, That's Why She Didn't End Up Marrying Prince Andrew. One Of The Reasons
In hindsight, it's for the best
Knowing What We Know About Him, Of Course
He's a sexual predator, right?

MrBoddy2003
Junior Detective

Post by MrBoddy2003 »

ZachBlack000 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:41 pm
MrBoddy2003 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:38 pm
Jonathan Green wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:01 pm

In hindsight, it's for the best
Knowing What We Know About Him, Of Course
He's a sexual predator, right?
Correct
Frankly, Scarlett, I Think You're A Tramp!!!!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Can we not make those jokes on here please, this is neither the time nor the place

ZachBlack000
Master Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Black wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:27 pm Can we not make those jokes on here please, this is neither the time nor the place
PLEASE CHILL, Black, okay? :x

We're just some friendly adults joking on some non-offending banter. :P

Our humor may be sometimes questionable, but we aren't like those snowflakes on Twitter. :roll:

coinilius
Senior Detective

Post by coinilius »

Black wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:27 pm Can we not make those jokes on here please, this is neither the time nor the place
Do you mean jokes on certain topics, or jokes in general? Because this seems like a thread where jokes would not be unwelcome...

Now, jokes on certain topics, that could be another issue, but I don't know how bad anything has been so far... though everyone has their own tolerance levels, obviously

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

coinilius wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:05 am
Do you mean jokes on certain topics, or jokes in general? Because this seems like a thread where jokes would not be unwelcome...

Now, jokes on certain topics, that could be another issue, but I don't know how bad anything has been so far... though everyone has their own tolerance levels, obviously
Jokes are fine but there are something you should joke about - Disabilities and Pedofilier are two that I can think of

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

ZachBlack000 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:45 pm

Our humor may be sometimes questionable, but we aren't like those snowflakes on Twitter. :roll:
Trust me, I am chill, I just know that there is a line that shouldn't be crossed

ZachBlack000
Master Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Black wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:16 am

Trust me, I am chill, I just know that there is a line that shouldn't be crossed
Right, but nobody is offended, so it's fine!

None of us care about Prince Andrew, so who gives a flying fuck?! :evil:

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

ZachBlack000 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:43 pm

Someone in this forum might have been a victim of sexual predation. Being up the Andrew incident may cause someone who has been a victim of a sexual predator flashbacks. Just saying...

ZachBlack000
Master Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Jonathan Green wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:49 pm
ZachBlack000 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:43 pm

Someone in this forum might have been a victim of sexual predation. Being up the Andrew incident may cause someone who has been a victim of a sexual predator flashbacks. Just saying...
OK, please forget what I said, I sincerely apologize. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I think the lesson learned here today: not everything is a comment made to be commented on. Not every thought needs to be heard.

coinilius
Senior Detective

Post by coinilius »

cacums wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:45 pm I think the lesson learned here today: not everything is a comment made to be commented on. Not every thought needs to be heard.
I think there is a lot of jumping on Zach though for a topic he didn't originally bring up, and which the majority of comments weren't even jokes - just comments, really. There was like, one slightly humorous comment which Zach commented on it being an 'amazing joke' and Zach asked if he was a predator, which seemed like a legitimate comment asking to clarify the details. There hasn't been some massive amount of bad taste jokes being made. This isn't a comment on anyone's posts, because I don't see a particular issue in the comments that were made, but it was Mr Boddy and Jonathan Green that brought up the issue before Zach did, but Zach seems to be the one being targeted here.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Just wanna make 1 last comment on this to give my side

When I said
Can we not make those jokes on here please, this is neither the time nor the place
I was saying it in general and in a response to both Zach and MrBoddy2003 because I personally don't like any jokes that are to do with pedophilia, disabilities, homophobia, or racism; but I never singled anyone out, the only time I did was when either one or both responded to what I replied. In regards to the previous comment that Zach made "I'm straight but not homophobic" - I stand by what I said in response to that, Being Straight is not the same or equal to being Homophobic (Heck, there are Homosexuals that are Homophobic) but the point is, it wasn't mentioned and it didn't need to be said

coinilius
Senior Detective

Post by coinilius »

Black wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:21 am Just wanna make 1 last comment on this to give my side

When I said
I was saying it in general and in a response to both Zach and MrBoddy2003 because I personally don't like any jokes that are to do with pedophilia, disabilities, homophobia, or racism; but I never singled anyone out, the only time I did was when either one or both responded to what I replied. In regards to the previous comment that Zach made "I'm straight but not homophobic" - I stand by what I said in response to that, Being Straight is not the same or equal to being Homophobic (Heck, there are Homosexuals that are Homophobic) but the point is, it wasn't mentioned and it didn't need to be said
There can be an issue of tone, though, Black - even your comment about homophobia not being mentioned seemed like it was jumping down Zach's throat - no pun intended - because of his comment, when he was trying to add explanation/clarification to someone saying else saying they thought he was straight. He really wasn't 'protesting too much' or making light of homophobia or anything else - again, a case of tone. I don't want to sound like the tone police, but it's good to remember that things said on message boards, lacking other context clues like body language, can come off very differently and not like they were intended - we can all do that, just like this post will be read certain ways by different people, based on our own experiences, the mood we are in when reading, etc.

EDIT: I wasn't trying to call anyone out specifically either, it was meant as a general observation.

ZachBlack000
Master Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

I completely understand, coinilius, and thank you for clearing this up. :P

ZachBlack000
Master Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Lady Peacock, In The Hall, Gettin' Piped (Part 1).jpg
Lady Peacock, In The Hall, Gettin' Piped (Part 1).jpg (217.18 KiB) Viewed 33 times
Lady Peacock, In The Hall, Gettin' Piped (Part 2).jpg
Lady Peacock, In The Hall, Gettin' Piped (Part 2).jpg (193.74 KiB) Viewed 33 times

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Can't the men the house find human women?
SUPPORT - Follow my progress of my expanded Clue edition -
www.patreon.com/gothicgreenhouse

ZachBlack000
Master Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

CluedoKid wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:35 pm Can't the men the house find human women?
What's wrong with furry women?