The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Black
Bindle Stiff

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

We taken medical supplies from White - Let's hand them to the Royal Family and quickly head back to Mustard and Scarlet. I want to look at Mustard's cane and Scarlet's candlestick for scratches

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

Also hand over the spider in amber while we're at it, clear up the inventory.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

ImageImage

"It isn't much," you tell them, "but I believe Mrs. White was going to retrieve medical supplies. I hope these will be of assistance... Is the nurse there?" You offer your clean scalpel and the tweezers from Miss Peach's bag.

ImageImage

"Nurse Bluebell fell asleep a short time ago." Azure states. "She asked for any extra gauze wrap. Did Mrs. White have any on her?"

Shoot, you didn't grab the gauze... well, that may be for the best. "It was on the floor by her body," you tell them, "it wouldn't be safe or sanitary to use now."

"I see. We should have plenty in the meantime, thank you." Lady Emerald carefully takes the tools, twisting and examining them in her hands.

"...Did Mrs. White suffer?"

There's a weakened shock beneath Azure's smooth voice. "She... went down fighting," Orchid says, carefully avoiding the answer. "She went out fighting."

The prince covers his mouth with his hand, nodding pensively. He looks pained.

"Oh, yes, I almost forgot..."

You hold out the amber stone. They look back at you incredulously.

"This belongs to Birch. Thank you both for looking after him, I was hoping you could give this to him when he wakes up. I'm sure it would make him happy."

ImageImage

The royals smile in amusement. "That's not what I thought you were going to say," Emerald admits, "how sweet of you."

"We'd be happy to." Azure says with a proud glare. "We will ask you to leave, Bluebell and Birch both need their rest."

"Thank you very much, your highness." Dr. Orchid smiles and bows. Emerald quickly shuts the door behind her.

Orchid whispers, "...What do you think of his whole 'royalty' story anyways? True or false?"

"I cannot say for certain."

"You know that we aren't in court, right? I don't need a conclusive answer, just your instinct. What does your gut say?"

You definitely have your lean, but the answer is still murky. "It doesn't make sense for Lady Emerald to lie," you posit.

"Does that body-double nonsense he pushes make any more sense?"

"Nothing about anything makes sense."
ImageImageImageImage

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

ImageImageImage

You turn around to see Scarlet and Mustard shamelessly eavesdropping. After your blush debacle, Mustard is giving you the evil eye, whereas Miss Scarlet keeps her eyes focused on the axe.
"Everything you said is true, then," Miss Scarlet says with some surprise. "Did you take that from her..."

"...Her body, yes." Orchid says with some hesitation. "I couldn't leave the axe for the killers, and, well, I needed a weapon."

The glint of the candlestick in Scarlet's grip catches your eye. "Miss Scarlet, may I see that for a second? Oh, and your cane, Colonel, could I examine that as well?"

The colonel huffs, but he holds it out with little fight. Miss Scarlet gives no hesitation.

ImageImage

Mustard's old cane is covered in scratches in all directions. It wouldn't be impossible for one of these to have been made by an axe, but the handle sphere is solid brass. The metal doesn't match the silver chipping.

Miss Scarlet's candlestick is the same as all the ones from the dining room. Aside from mild fingerprint smudging, there is no trace of damage to the holder.

"You suspect us?" Mustard says, thumping his cane to the carpet.

"No," you lie, "I just needed to clear some doubts. Thank you for your cooperation."

"And just what were you looking for?" Scarlet asks.

>What will you say?
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Colonel, how long have you had this cane for?

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Rather than give a full answer... "Well it wasn't here, like I suspected," you tell them. "Colonel, how long have you had this cane for?"

ImageImageImage

"This old thing? Hmph... Would've been a couple years before my grandnephew was born. When was that, is he turning six...? Must've been eight or nine years ago, then."

You move to ask about the scratched, but Miss Scarlet speaks up first. "Maybe you should get a new one, it looks damaged."

"It's solid brass, should be just fine.

She chuckles coolly. Funny, she wasn't smiling to the colonel like this before. "If you're gonna keep it, you should be careful. I hope those scratches didn't come from an accident."

"That much time'll damage anything. It'll fall outta the car, or hit the desk- this one here, our dumbаss gardener nearly hit me with a weed wacker once. It's all battle damage."

"I hope you punished him good for that."

Mustard smirks. "Clocked him head on."

Scarlet laughs coolly. Interesting how forthcoming he is with her... is she flirting to get him to give up information?

>Examine
>Search
>End/change partners
>Talk
>Use an item
>Move (Elevator / F1 hallway)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Check in Birch

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

well, they asked us to leave. Let's make ourselves scarce and call Spectra to update her on the situation. (we haven't even told her about the death trap in the theatre yet, and what could those auction paddles be for? Plus we can ask about Ashe, he's a big suspect now since we saw him in the hallway just before we found Mrs White.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

You motion for Doctor Orchid to follow you. You don't want any more interlopers.

With Orchid keeping watch, you redial Spectra's number. The ringing on the other end has become grating at this point.

"Report, Eric." Her formerly rosewater voice has begun to freeze over, and she addresses you formally.

"It was Mrs. White this time. Violently strangled. I need her report, and I need to know if she has any connection to Linh Lan."

The stiff silence as she types is nervewrenching. You can't say you believe her coy demeanor, yet now that it's gone you yearn for it again.

"Mrs. Maria White, ex-pat working as a house cleaner. Her record is much like Miss Peach's, there's very little to dig into. Born Maria Rebecca Olive, one of seven children. Her husband died at twenty nine, she moved to the UK with her four kids to start over. She's moved between the US and the UK several times, but for the most part, it's an average life story.

"Her name was Olive," you say. "Mustard mentioned serving with a soldier named Olive, look up her family tree."

She laughs to herself, and though you only hear it faintly, it's almost hypnotic to hear again. "You're spot on. She's the younger sister of a man named Clarence Olive, who died during Vietnam. On the record, he was killed April 9th, 1967, after a brief altercation with the Viet Cong."

"...On the exact day of the Linh Lan massacre?"

"Just another lie as part of the cover up," she scoffs. "That's another connection slaughtered. We're losing too many people, do you have any clue who the killer is?"

You certainly aren't proud of the body count, and wince at the scolding. "Every answer just gives us more questions," you tell her. "I still haven't told you everything. Shortly after our last call, we set off a trap in the- the theater. It appears Boddy was planning a confrontation about the Linh Lan massacre, that was supposed to end with the deaths of most of the guests. And beneath the seats, we found paddles. Auction paddles, the kind used for bidding. There's much we have yet to uncover."

Spectra stays silent, listening respectfully. You have a deep breath before telling her, "I can't fit all of the pieces, but I do have a prime suspect at this stage..."
ImageImageImageImage

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"I need every piece of information you can give me about the butler, Ashe LeGris. Ashe lives at the Peninsula Grande, and is one of very few people close to Mister Boddy. He assigned me to the gardeners room, implying he knew about Rusty's death. He has regularly refused to answer questions or denied facts, and runs away without explaining himself. Nothing he says is trustworthy anymore."

The stairwell is eerily quiet, save the tapping of Spectra's fingers on the other end of the line.

"The doctor Ashe LeGris," she speaks slowly, "was an only child raised in southern California. There's plenty of information about his schooling and his surgical residency, but that's not the interesting part. After years as a clean surgeon, gang violence came to Santa Rita."

"I don't believe this for a second, he wasn't-"

"But he WAS, Eric. The Santa Rita Blackmarks took him in as a back-alley surgeon."

You struggle to find any words to express your disbelief. Ashe LeGris, this doesn't match the butler you've met at all...

"He officially went missing fifteen years ago, and death in abstentia was declared in '03."

"He said Boddy saved him fifteen years ago," you pronounce in struggle with your jarring disbelief. "The-the timeline matches up."

"So it does, Eric. I don't know what you're expecting to find out, but it doesn't end there. Mister Boddy was pegged as a suspect in his disappearance. See, Ashe didn't have any siblings. He was raised by his parents, Patrick and Berenice LeGris. Berenice, Eric. But Patrick died young, and later in her life, Berenice remarried a man named Anthony Boddy."

"Stop-"

"...and late in her life, Berenice adopted a war orphan from Vietnam."

"They are not siblings. I refuse to believe this, no."

As though the web weren't tangled enough. You stare in shock at the carpet, eyes aimless as you attempt to take in this ridiculous information. "Mister Boddy was Ashe's adoptive brother," you reiterate, as if in a daze. Orchid's eyes bug out in bewilderment.

Spectra allows you time to handle this information. But when she speaks, despite yourself you fall into her ethereal voice yet again. "Eric, I think you're absolutely right. Ashe LeGris was complicit in the death traps, and I think right now he's out there, ready to kill again."

You hang up abruptly, in equal parts determination and confused frustration. "This is all too much," you say to no one in particular.

"What was that nonsense you were saying?" Orchid asks, but you barely even register words were spoken.

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>End partnership
>Use inventory item
>Move (F1 hallway / F2 hallway)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

- I won't lie, I'm kind of worried for Birch especially since he's without a "bodygaurd"
- Bluebell needs more medical supplies

Tell Orchid to stand watch at Birch's room (ending the partnership)
Go to the Doctor's office and grab what we need (we might see Black, Mandarin, and/or Brown there or along the way)

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Just a thought, can't remember if it's been established or not - I wonder if Green and Silver know each other or had a previous connection

It's just a guess at this point but Sister Silver is on my radar as prime suspect

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

{bunch of thoughts}

Goh we briefly sided with one of the killers because nobody suspected him. Also, early on in the stage, we let him in on our secret identity (along with Sky and White, now both dead). I grabbed some of my earlier notes, which look hilarious now but also had Ashe as a suspect because of the "Didit is good with a gun" - he was one of the few present at the docs. Plus he tried to stop us from going into the freezer.

There are two other suspects now if the Army Boys + Partners, and French Lady and her trafficking victims from Boddy's diary is to be followed. (gosh, turns out White is one of them) The only ones left now are Mandarin and Emerald. Emerald was exposed earlier on in the smuggling ring. We know nothing about Mandarin.

If Ashe is X, O is the unknown. We know that Emerald must be in the clear - she was in the hallway right after we got out of the billiard room when the blackout happened. We saw Black walking on his own in the garden just before the blackout, he seems like another avenue although he qualifies as a target of X.

Sure, Mandarindid heal our shoulder and helped the kid, but it's hard to do otherwise with all of the people you're supposed to kill breathing down your neck. Still don't trust him.

I think Spectra is upset with us for letting Birch die - maybe we should inform her about our white lie and of course apologize most profusely? Or shall we do that later?

Further avenue to explore - Orchid was at the protests of Augustine Peach - is he related to Charlie somehow?
Learn more about Mandarin and Emerald?

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

BBP wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:02 pm I think Spectra is upset with us for letting Birch die - maybe we should inform her about our white lie and of course apologize most profusely? Or shall we do that later?
Gonna be honest, I still consider Spectra to be somehow involved in all of this

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Actually BBP - you've given me an idea. We should apologize to Spectra BUT in a room with everyone gathered - I wanna know if anyone (besides Orchid) has heard her voice before. Maybe they recognize her and can give us her I.D.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Alrighty. I re-read the story (the beginning 20 pages several times - I might add) so I am ready to get cracking :twisted: :mrgreen:

Obviously my over-thinking plays a big part in my deductions -- just ask BBP how often I miss obvious things in a standard game of Marmalade Clue because I'm focused on nonsense. But, I think I solved a couple riddles. My current suspicions: Sister Silver and Lady Emerald. Why is Silver the only unscathed member of her family? This one might be from the writer's perspective but, why is Lady Emerald here in the first place if not for a bigger part of the story, especially when characters like Meadow-Brook got cut from the storyboard 8) . I'm not sure what is going on with Miss Scarlet. But she isn't completely off the hook. I think Rev. Green may be leaving something out -- or he's forgotten -- or he's telling half-truths and leaving out important details that hurt himself further

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

No I don't think we should do that with Spectra in a room - although there is something to be said for helping Spectra find whoever it is. We have a phone number, but from the dialogue I can't work if it's the number of the person who said "mark all your targets with an X" or not. If we have O's number we can ask Spectra to dial it from an anonymous number when everyone is gathered.

But maybe we should focus on capturing Ashe first. Maybe we can wiggle it out of him.

Another thought - in the section on how the Golden Goddess was smuggled, it is mentioned she was smuggled out by Lucien Rose and an unknown American soldier. This puts the remaining army boys - Brown, Green, Mustard - back into the spotlight.

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

{more thoughts, I must be boring everyone here}
O's first victim, Sky, was killed by a bread knife from the plane.
O's second victim, Grey, was killed by the derringer from the study.
The same derringer shot Birch and Glass.
O's third victim, Peach, was killed via poisoning through a syringe in the coke.

X's first victim, Peacock, was killed with a garden fork.
X's second victim, Plum, was simply pushed off the stairs.
X's third victim, White, was strangled with one of Rusty's ropes. (page 19 has 2 ropes in the shed, all ropes were gone from the shed the second time we came there on page 46, we only took 1 rope)

It would seem logical to me that if you go on a killing spree you bring your own weapons of choice rather than work with what's at hand, but O and X prefer to improvise. There is only one weapon used in killing anyone that wasn't at the scene - that's Peach's. There was no syringe or poison when we searched the doctor's office... Unless it was the laudanum taken from Rose. There was a syringe in the fountain and there's laudanum in Rose's suitcase.

Was the laudanum used to poison Peach? That would leave very little options for O, as in the people who are currently there, and I doubt Bluebell currently has the capabilities of operating a syringe.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

You're not boring, it's actually helpful.

But this might be a VERY crazy idea for X at least but I'll throw it out there.

X is Black getting revenge on all the original suspects murdering him and when he's killed them, he uses a scalpel to carve in the X (Because the X on the board is where he is found dead)

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

Can we ask Orchid: You have spent time with Mandarin on the beach trying to find means of escape. Were you with him when Birch and Glass were shot?