New Online Mystery Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

CYOGN
Suspect

New Online Mystery Game

Post by CYOGN »

Hello fellow Clue fans-

Some of you may remember that we ran an online murder mystery last spring called The Murder at Spoopy Manor. Some of you played - and a few of you even guessed the correct solution!

Well, we have a sequel mystery that started today. It's free to play, and the prize is a copy of the Clue Liar's Edition (I know, I know - it's a controversial prize...but it's the most unique/current version on the market). This new online mystery is heavily inspired by Clue....we think you'll like it!

Hop over to www.richpantsmansion.com to view the first episode. You don't have to have played the first mystery in order to play this one, although you will recognize our detective :)

We will post new episodes daily or every other day over the next couple weeks, and then you'll have a chance to guess the killer. All correct guesses will go into a raffle for the prize.

Let us know any questions, and we hope you'll play!

BBP
Senior Detective

Re: New Online Mystery Game

Post by BBP »

Cool! I really enjoyed the first one - even if I didn't get the murder weapon right :lol: Fortunately I did solve who the murderer was.

CYOGN
Suspect

Post by CYOGN »

BBP wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:34 pm Cool! I really enjoyed the first one - even if I didn't get the murder weapon right :lol: Fortunately I did solve who the murderer was.
So glad you enjoyed the last mystery! This new one, as you'll see, takes inspiration from the Clue board game, movie, kids books, and CDW comic series (really for that, just by leaning into the Scarlet-as-a-pop-star trope). Our writer loves Clue, and there are lots of easter eggs for Clue fans are sprinkled throughout!

Up through mid-week, we've been putting out videos daily. Then, contestants will have a chance to submit a question to ask a suspect (like the TV series). We'll then post responses to select questions, and people can then submit their final guess in hope of winning the prize.

Good luck!

MrGreenJeans
Private Eye

Post by MrGreenJeans »

....just gotta say that Judith (presumably Peacock from the kids books) is a riot. That's all.

mixface
Suspect

Post by mixface »

Hello, Cyogn. Thanks for another murder mystery. How many episodes left to be aired?

CYOGN
Suspect

Post by CYOGN »

We love the feedback and questions!!

Our last suspect testimonial will come out tomorrow (Tuesday, 6/22). Then, we will allow questions to be submitted via web form - not to be confused with emailing Rhoda for the police report - through Thursday, 6/24 afternoon.

We will release suspect replies to select questions on Friday or Saturday. Detectives will have until Tuesday afternoon, 6/29, to submit their final guess before we reveal the killer and winner that evening on a live stream (we host a weekly Tuesday gameshow at biggaygaymeshow.com - the reveal will first drop at the end of the show). We'll also post the solution and announce the winner on Weds 6/30 on our Instagram page.

Good luck, and feel free to ask more questions or comment here!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

I've written down a possibility of what it could be on a piece of paper - How I'm slightly stuck on

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

I've sent in my question. For me, the murderer is between 2 people, and the scenarios I got in my mind, both have very strong motives, I've got evidence pointing to these two as well as decent conjectures but little things that are throwing me off back and forth between them. (I'm gonna look like a right donut if it's neither)

chaosemerald
Spy

Post by chaosemerald »

What fun! I’m so happy you’ve done this again! I got the previous case correct, but I donut know about this one. Right now I’ve got my eyes on two suspects in particular. I don’t think I asked a very good question unfortunately, but I’ll just have to cinnamon roll with it.

CYOGN
Suspect

Post by CYOGN »

This warms our detective hearts! And the puns are amazing.

We're receiving some really interesting questions for our suspects - some with very unique angles - so this will be fun to unpack and address. There will be intriguing information revealed all the way up to the end! Donut worry gumshoes - you can solve this.

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

No clue on this but will put my thinking cap on...

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

Is Abe the same as Boo and the mummy? Nice we finally get to see him!

I'm trying to figure out at what date the murder happened...

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

I wish we could ask other questions because I had this BIG one flash in my mind and I think it could be the key to solving the mystery

CYOGN
Suspect

Post by CYOGN »

Keep the questions coming!

-Abe, Jemma, Boo, Ben (the Mummy) and Hazel (the Witch) are all indeed the same actor! We've passed along the comment to him :D
-Sorry we only allowed one question per detective. However, we got so many good questions that we did combine some to allow for pretty robust answers. They should come out tomorrow.

Again, the answer will be revealed on Tuesday evening during a live stream at http://www.biggaygaymeshow.com (free to play weekly, and hosted by Rhoda, Boo, and Zane), and then we'll post the solution to our Insta by Wednesday morning...along with announcing the winner of the prize!!

We've seen a lot of participation with this mystery, so there will definitely be a third one some day!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Can't wait

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

Teehee! There's my question!

I'm still in the dark, but fortunately I have three days off now. 8)

chaosemerald
Spy

Post by chaosemerald »

Now I’m even more confused, and I even had a donut today.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Aw... my question didn't get answered but I think the theory still holds somewhat

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

My guess sent, a little long-winded but I'm happy with it. Although now that I think about it, one thing I may have gotten wrong. But I think I'm close

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

Just sent in my answer, keeping my fingers crossed! I'm curious to hear the thoughts of you lot considering how many theories I've had :mrgreen: