The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Zoo977
Master Detective

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

This is the least sexy wet t-shirt contest you've ever seen.

Time in the water has left his skin pallid and bloated. Most clues that would have been left at the time of death would have been washed away or obscured by his time in the water, but some remain. Algae has begun to grow on his sturdy clothes, but the blood splatter on his left shoulder is still quite visible. The algae almost conceals green staining on his shirt and pants - not algae growth, but grass stains. He was likely dragged to the ocean shortly after his death.

Fresh corpses mean fresh clues - this will be trickier to get answers for. You face your suddenly-regretful volunteer. "Doctor Mandarin, is there any way you can provide an estimated time of death?"

He looks completely disoriented. "NO!!!!!" He says, smile twisted and nervous. "Ehrmg... It's difficult to give a waterlogged corpse an ETD. Hm... If he were in the water LONGER than a week, his skin would have begun to turn soapy. But this much wound rot takes time. He was killed somewhere between two to seven days ago."

ImageImageImageImage

Normally, that would be a nearly useless timeframe. In this instance however, that narrows your suspect pool down to the few people we were present at the Peninsula Grande before today. Quite exclusive criteria.

>Examine Rusty's wounds
>Search Rusty's body
>Inform Spectra
>Other
Last edited by Zoo977 on Sun May 16, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I really REALLY wanna see if that's the same Friendly Crustacean from earlier, ask him some questions, and take him with us on the remainder of our journey but I gotta be SERIOUS!!

Let's examine those wounds. Holy **** is part of his skull missing?

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Search the body for any 0s or Xs

(I just noticed something in the Vietnam file and looking at our suspects - Could it be possible that Peach and Mustard are related? The Color of their hair is identical - perhaps, Grandfather and Granddaughter)

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Luckily, cause of death is still easy to determine, even with this stage of decay. He's retained some form of cranial damage, hard enough that part of his skull was cracked in the process. But time in the water has softened and decayed much of the original wound tissue. There's no way to determine a weapon shape from this, all you know is it's a blunt weapon used several days ago.

You don't see a cut X on his head. So you unfurl his hands and- no, not there either. You check the back of his neck, the legs, the-

"You look- you look frantic, are you searching for something?"

Maybe you simply missed it? "I'm looking for an X or an O, several of our victims had marks on their bodies."

Mandarin and Orchid squat down, and help you search over the waterlogged corpse, as Black averts his patient's eyes. You look everywhere you can think, even checking the area around his head wound to see if there are any signs of previous markings. But in the end, it's for naught.

"There's nothing here."

No Xs. No Os. Were you incorrect?

>Search Rusty's body
>Inform Spectra
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP »

Search the body

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

You highly doubt his death was some attempt at robbery, but his pockets are empty. No wallet or phone, not that the latter would function. After being tossed around by the waves, most of his posessions are likely down along the seabed, never to be found again.

"Hm. Curious."

You search around your pocket for your phone. That's right, Spectra sent a photo of Rusty, didn't she?

"Rusty should have been wearing glasses and a hat."

No one seems particularly moved by the realization. "Surely they fell off in the open ocean?" Black adds.

"That's very likely," you say. "Still, there's a possibility they may have fallen off at the real crime scene."

>Inform Spectra
>Step away from the body
ImageImageImageImage

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP »

Inform Spectra

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Also, ask Sprinkles if Rusty was a real crab and that's why he was killed.
SUPPORT - Follow my progress of my expanded Clue edition -
www.patreon.com/gothicgreenhouse

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

CluedoKid wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:37 pm Also, ask Sprinkles if Rusty was a real crab and that's why he was killed.
:lol:
Favorite Movie-Quote: "They all did it. But if you wanna know who killed Mr. Boddy, I did. In the hall, with the revolver." - Mr. Green, from Clue, played by Michael McKean.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Your crab buddy is quite curious about the old corpse. "Oh, goodie!" He utters with joy.

You squat down and face the little scavenger. "You've been on this island for a while - do you know anything about Rusty? Maybe he was killed for being really... crabby?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

You cough. "...*ahem* I apologize for that."

"What's past is past, and one cannot be angry with such a feast in their future. Clawford and I shall eat for weeks!"

You're glad someone's looking on the bright side. You leave him to salivating over the body - no matter what happens, you have your own bright side on the other end of the phone.

"Was there another death?" Her delivery is quick, precise, and bright. Yet even this concerned, her sonic elegance never leaves, and her tender voice soars like a jaybird.

"Not yet," you say, being honest with yourself. "But there's another corpse. Rusty's been dead for several days now, his corpse was floating in the ocean."

"That would explain why no one saw him. Several days, you said?"

"Mandarin couldn't provide a better time of death than that. Two days to a week."

Her nails tap on the receiver. "Hm. Do you know if anyone was staying here in that time?"

"Not that I've heard of."

"Then it was either Boddy or one of his servants, and it sounds like you trust Mrs. White. What about a weapon?"

"He was bludgeoned to death. The wound is too decayed to estimate a shape. He's also missing the hat I was told he would be wearing, as well as his glasses."

Ultimately, it doesn't add up to much. "And I notice you haven't mentioned any marks this time. No Xs, no Os?"

"None. We have the least leads on this case of any of them. Was there anything in Rusty's file that looked like it might help?"

She sighs into the receiver. "We've gotten no new information since his disappearance eight years ago. I can't help you much on this one, not unless you have any other ideas. Possible weapons, crime scenes, do you have anything?"

This one's a bit of a doozy, you almost have to ask yourself the same question. Do you have any possible leads on this old corpse?

>What will you say?
ImageImageImageImage

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Say, " This is just a hunch, but it could be Mrs.White. am I wrong to trust her? Especially with multiple killers about..."
SUPPORT - Follow my progress of my expanded Clue edition -
www.patreon.com/gothicgreenhouse

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"This is just a hunch, but it could be Mrs. White. Am I wrong to trust her? Especially with multiple killers about..."

She doesn't answer immediately. It is a loaded question.

"You can give her an alibi for some of the murders. It's reasonable to trust her in regards to those crimes. She'd also have the least amount of time to form a motive, Sky and Ashe would have likely known him for years. But until you know more about Rusty and her, she's a suspect too."

And just when you think she's innocent in all this, too. "I'll tell you more as soon as I can. Promise."

"Be safe, hun."

"WHAT THE HЕLL IS GOING ON ANYMORE????????????" Dr. Mandarin is trying to keep smiling, but his usual winning grin is now sickly and forced. And terrifying. Definitely terrifying.

The shore is uncomfortably silent. Orchid suddenly looks very hesitant about going out into the ocean through all this.

>Examine Rusty's corpse
>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Choose a partner
>Use an item
>Move (Front walkway / Dock)
>Other
Last edited by Zoo977 on Sun May 23, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Say openly to see if anyone agrees, "Is it possible that Rusty died either as the result of an Accident or Suicide?"

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Black wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:56 pm Say openly to see if anyone agrees, "Is it possible that Rusty died either as the result of an Accident or Suicide?"
How so?
Favorite Movie-Quote: "They all did it. But if you wanna know who killed Mr. Boddy, I did. In the hall, with the revolver." - Mr. Green, from Clue, played by Michael McKean.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

He could’ve been pushed/jumped off a cliff, cracking his head on a rock

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Jonathan Green wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:17 pm He could’ve been pushed/jumped off a cliff, cracking his head on a rock
Good point.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Jonathan Green wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:17 pm He could’ve been pushed/jumped off a cliff, cracking his head on a rock
I'm glad we're on the same page, this area of the beach has a lot of rocks in the water and if the corpse has been in the water from anywhere between 2 days to a week - it's more than likely the bruising and the gash to the head could have been caused from those rocks

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

You face your unfortunate companions. “Is it possible that Rusty died either as the result of an accident or suicide? It’s possible he could have fallen from the cliff, cracking his head on a rock.”

ImageImageImage

Mandarin looks too shocked to offer input. “We can hardly tell, not with this wound.” Black offers strictly.

“It’s possible,” Orchid says. “Maybe he fell up on that cliff, near his tool shed? It does look like one hard... hard strike. A fall could cause that... like Plum had.” She tensely holds her hand over her mouth.

“He was murdered.”

Your gazes turn on the captain, firmly holding Black’s hand for support. “You look at those grass stains on the back of his shirt? You’d get those from being dragged across the grass layin’ on your back.”

“...Well, that’s true. But his death might still have been an accident.” Black ponders. “And he may have been disposed of anyways.”

Brown stares at him with his big weepy eyes. “Why would you move a body you didn’t kill?”

Of course it isn’t conclusive, but the fact his body was dumped does imply something more than a simple accident.

>Examine Rusty's corpse
>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Choose a partner
>Use an item
>Move (Front walkway / Dock)
>Other
Last edited by Zoo977 on Sun May 23, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

I think it's time to ask Brown about Lahn Lin incident.

"Captain Brown, during my search of Mr. Boddy's study, I happened to find a folder where you and three others here on this island where involved in a event in the village of Lahn Lin during the Vietnam War. Would you care to elaborate what happened?"

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

No point in waiting any longer. You approach the older gentlemen with files in hand.

"Captain Brown," you begin, "during my search of Mr. Boddy's study, I happened to find a folder where you and three others here on this island where involved in a event in the village of Lihn Lan during the Vietnam War. Would you care to elaborate what happened?"

Immediately, Brown's face contorts through a whirlwind of emotions. Shock, confusion, abject terror-

"That's enough."

As his patient fumbles in horror, Black steps between him and yourself, nose raised in the air just to look down on you.

"There was a massacre in the Vietnamese village of Linh Lan, in April of 1967. You were present, were you not?"

"And who are you?" Black barks strictly. "That ID was a fake, wasn't it. I'll bet you're from some military lack-of-ethics committee again, hm? Intent on besmirching an innocent man for crimes he didn't commit?"

"Doctor Black, if you don't mind, I was speaking to your patient, not you."

"And if you don't mind," he says, gripping his collar with pride, "Gregory is not here as a simple patient. He is one of my closest companions, and I won't have you dredging up his traumas in your fruitless delusional quest. Gregory, go to the docks, you don't have to answer this man."

"I need answers too," Orchid pops in with. "So you're saying it was a massacre? By US soldiers?"

"It was by the Viet Cong, and you're both do well to shut your mouths." Black holds his palm forward, as if he were going to put it over Orchid's mouth. She steps back, appalled. "I'd like to say it's been a pleasure. Come, Gregory."

Brown is looking into the horizon, shaking his head, until Black takes his hand and briskly begins walking him down the shore.

Orchid breaks the stunned silence, and comes to you for answers. "...It WAS the US who was responsible? You're certain?"

"Dead certain. The Viet Cong had nothing to do with Linh Lan."

Orchid looks to the sand, hand held to her face. You don't hear her speak, but you see her mouth to herself, "I knew it."

>Examine Rusty's corpse
>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Choose a partner
>Use an item
>Move (Front walkway / Docks)
>Other
Last edited by Zoo977 on Sun May 23, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage