The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Post Reply
User avatar
BBP
Detective
Posts: 993
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by BBP »

Did we snatch the Interpol files and stuff from that room?

Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 2114
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Jonathan Green »

Given the year is 2011, the characters birth years are:
8 - Birch (2003)
20 - Peach (1991)
21 - Grey (1990)
23 - Silver (1988)
24 - Scarlet (1987)
25 - Carbon (1986)
27 - Brunette (1985)
32 - Bluebell (1979)
34 - Azure (1977)
36 - Emerald, Koi (1975)
38 - Glass (1973)
40 - Orchid (1971)
42 - Tan (1969)
44 - Boddy (1967)
50 - Mandarin (1961)
54 - Rusty (1957)
59 - Black (1952)
62 - Sky (1949)
67 - Brown, Green, Mustard (1944)
68 - Plum (1943)
70 - Peacock, Ashe, Rose (1941)
72 - White (1939)


Around the time of the Linh Lan Massacre, 1967:
Mustard, Green, and Brown were 23
Plum was 24
Gray and Silver's grandfather was had to be a similar age.

The Vietnam War happened between 1955 - 1975
Assuming they all American, they had to enlisted around 1967, the year the United States entered.

Boddy was also born around this time, so the baby in the 1st page might be Mr. Boddy, and the soldier could've been his father or a random Vietnam soldier.

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

BBP wrote: Did we snatch the Interpol files and stuff from that room?
Yes, all inventory items are list on the first page
cacums wrote: How old is Spectra B)
Her age is Spectra : )
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
cacums
Ringer
Posts: 11389
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 11:58 am
Location: If I told you it wouldn't be a secret anymore

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by cacums »

Jonathan Green wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:28 pm Boddy was also born around this time, so the baby in the 1st page might be Mr. Boddy, and the soldier could've been his father or a random Vietnam soldier.
I had been thinking that for a minute. It may indeed be Mustard. Introducing a military man with a baby made us ALL THINK it was Mustard, so a little redirect with extra military persons, could actually distract us from the gut instinct. And after all, isn't most of this game based off of Gut instinct?
Zoo977 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:01 pm
cacums wrote: How old is Spectra B)
Her age is Spectra : )
I love you and I hate you. You're like an adorable calico kitten with razor claws. :evil:
Image

User avatar
BBP
Detective
Posts: 993
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by BBP »

Was it a baby? I thought he was holding the golden goddess.

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6856
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

Ask the Nurse where Dr. Mandarin is

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

"Nurse, do you know where the doctor went? He should know about the room change."

She looks down in thought. "He ran out after Doctor Orchid. I think- I think he said he was helping her and the captain with something. I'm sorry, I don't know."

"That's alright, thank you. I think I can piece it together from here."

Image

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Use an item
>Move (Hallway)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6856
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

IF what Mandarin said is true, I think we should get him to swim out into the ocean and grab the shiny thing before he is killed off

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

((I'm not entirely clear if that was meant as a command or not - please word commands as a direct action/actions))
ImageImageImageImage

Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 2114
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Jonathan Green »

I think Black was giving out an idea, which I agree with.

Leave the room and head downstairs to find Dr. Mandarin

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6856
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

If I have suggestions, I'll put them in brackets

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

((Understood, thank you for your cooperation hun :3))

Image

They should be safe in there. Mrs. White stands guard at the door, talking to Miss Peach. The two are trying to ignore the yelling coming from the Uranus bedroom.

Image

What to do... If you were a tiny naked orange man, where would you be?

>Examine
>Search
>Use an item
>Move (Grand hall / Gallery / Laundry / Servant's hall / Library / Billiard room / Powder room / Parlor / Go upstairs / Exit the building)
>Call Spectra
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6856
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

If Green, Mustard and Scarlet are all arguing in the Uranus Room then they are alive and well

Move to the Grand Hall

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

There's none of his chest hair here either, just a lot of blood. Good to see nothing's changed.

>Examine Madame Rose's corpse
>Examine
>Search
>Use an item
>Move (Dining room / Lounge / Hallway / Exit the building)
>Call Spectra
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6856
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

Let's go to the Lighthouse

(Anyone got suggestions on where we can charge the remote control?)

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

"Scuse me," you say as you move around Professor Plum's corpse rudely blocking the walkway.

Image

You find the loud orange guy at the lighthouse, speaking with the other doctor.

ImageImage

"What are we going to do?" Mandarin asks at a normal speaking volume.

Black adjusts his glasses. He doesn't have an answer, it looks like.

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Use an item
>Move (Front walkway / Armillary sphere / Docks)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6856
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

Excuse me Doctors. Doctor Mandarin, would it be possible to show where you saw that "shiny" object when you were swimming?

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

You approach professionaly. "Excuse me doctors. Doctor Mandarin, would it be possible to show where you saw that "shiny" object when you were swimming?"

ImageImage

"It wasn't reflective. It looked lumpy, so it could be some trash."

"Regardless, it may be an important hint," you say, keeping suspicions to yourself. "Could you lead the way?"

"Follow me."

Image

You follow the gentlemen down the seaside.

Image

Your quest is briefly interrupted by a surprising bolt of yellow in the ocean. Orchid stands up next to the inflated life raft.

ImageImageImageImage

Dr. Black is nonplussed, and approaches. "Dr. Orchid, Gregory, I see you managed to inflate the life boat?"

"Inflating it wasn't the problem, the pull did that automatically. But as you can see, well-"

"It's tiny," Brown grunts. "Only two people could fit, tops. A plane that big should've had a bigger one."

'So if the plane crashed, only Boddy would get to sail away?' You think to yourself.

Black grins and adjusts his spectacles. "This is perfect timing, we need a boat to sail over to where Mandarin saw-"

"I COULD SWIM OUT TO GET IT TOO!!!!!"

ImageImageImageImage

You are all mildly to severely concerned about how instantly Mandarin gets naked again.

He is entirely oblivious. "WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO GET IT??!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!"

>"Um..."
>"Er..."
>"Uh..."
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 »

Before any of you have a chance to say something, Mandarin gives a perfect forward dive into the water. You all gather around and stare in mild bewilderment.

"He's quite... bold, isn't he," Dr. Black says hesitantly.

"Fast too," Brown says. It's true, he's quite a deft swimmer. It doesn't take long for him to paddle his way out toward the horizon, reducing to a speck as he reaches the natural rock arch.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MY GOD," Mandarin exclaims, his concert-volume voice carrying all the way from the far outcropping.

"Doctor?" Orchid calls out. "What is it?"

"IT'S REALLY UGLY!!!!!" He calls back. Before any of you have time to ponder how he intends to swim to shore carrying it, he has it partically slumped over his shoulder. Though his breakstrokes are slower, he looks unbothered to be trudging it along.

"..." Black squints out at the approaching man, all of you trying to piece together what the odd brownish pile is. One by one, your companions come to the horrid realization, but you stand firm.

"I feared as much," you say as Mandarin dumps it upon the shore.

"Wh- Who-" Brown stammers.

"What is this?!" Black bleats, instinctively trying to stand between Brown and the discovery.

You tell them, "It's the groundskeeper."

Image

>Examine Rusty's corpse
>Examine Rusty's wounds
>Search Rusty's body
>Resist the urge to vomit
>Inform Spectra
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

kyogreblue21
Suspect
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:32 pm

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by kyogreblue21 »

Examine the corpse

Post Reply