The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Black
Bindle Stiff

Re: The Golden Goddess - Forum Game

Post by Black »

Well, we have 2 Options - 1. Confront Green about Vietnam OR 2. Warn the Prince about what we read in Boddy's Journal

I'll let someone else pick but I vote for 2

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Warn the prince.

Wait a second... A Interpol agent? Could it be Mr. Tan? He is, or was, part of Interpol.
Given the information for the journal, I suspect Mr. Boddy is the soldier shown at the beginning (on the 1st page).

Also, maybe we can use the power trick for the elevator, since Rusty did write in his journal "Elevator code". I still believe that there's a secret room. This is CLUE for God's sake! Yall betta KNOW there some secret passageway!

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I just got caught up :oops:

This is getting quite serious! :shock: I can't believe how amazing this story is going! Bravo! The young pictures of Green, Grey, Mustard, Plum, and Brown are fantastic!! I can't wait to pick your brain after all is complete. In the meantime. Ahhh! The story is so good!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

cacums wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:12 am I just got caught up :oops:

This is getting quite serious! :shock: I can't believe how amazing this story is going! Bravo! The young pictures of Green, Grey, Mustard, Plum, and Brown are fantastic!! I can't wait to pick your brain after all is complete. In the meantime. Ahhh! The story is so good!
Won't lie, Mustard looks like he didn't age gracefully; Green, Brown and Plum look the same but is that really Mustard?

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Black wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:44 am
cacums wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:12 am I just got caught up :oops:

Won't lie, Mustard looks like he didn't age gracefully; Green, Brown and Plum look the same but is that really Mustard?
I hadn't even thought of that. I was too busy fan-boying. Could it be a clue?

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

The art is fantastic, one of the best designs ever.

I left out Gray on purpose since it isn't the same person dead in the freezer

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I wonder if Ashe is the real Gray? Except for the eye colour, the age would seem right and hair seems similar.
SUPPORT - Follow my progress of my expanded Clue edition -
www.patreon.com/gothicgreenhouse

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

CluedoKid wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:08 pm I wonder if Ashe is the real Gray? Except for the eye colour, the age would seem right and hair seems similar.
Well, I suppose a DNA test could solve it if there was a way to do it on this island. DNA from Gray's corpse and Ashe

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP »

Jonathan Green wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:37 pm Warn the prince.

Wait a second... A Interpol agent? Could it be Mr. Tan? He is, or was, part of Interpol.
I doubt it since after Tan died, X killed Plum and O tried to shoot Birch and us. Then again the Interpol mole doesn't necessarily have to be on the island.

Every time I search this thread for more info I end up reading it all again Zoo, great work! 8) Here are my current thoughts, I hope they make you chuckle thinking "I got them good didn't I?"
There are 9 people we informed of our secret identity - Black, Ashe, Grey (deceased), White, Peacock (deceased), Emerald, Scarlett, Peach and Birch (incapacitated). Between them it is well possible that they informed their companions or other people they may have befriended. There won't be much left of our secret identity. Between us we've considered White to be innocent since she didn't kill us in the shed, Peach and Birch definitely aren't O and Bluebell is not in shape to fire gun shots at anyone.

X was assigned all army boys and companions, implying that Green, Scarlet, Orchid, Silver, Brown, Black and Mustard are innocent, along with their now dead partners. Birch, Azure, Bluebell, Koi Geisha and Carbon (and if I read the black book well, Rose was supposed to be a target as well) are also targets.
Left would be:
Mandarin, who is obfuscating stupidity - did he really spend so much time swimming?
Brunette - now dead so neither X or O, but a killer
Emerald - whose sole alibi rests on Azure being outside her room
Tan - too dead to be X or O
Ashe - we know he carries secrets and why did he run away from us after Rusty was found out?

But other companions I now have on the low list because of the scrap, like Scarlet (who was quick to rush to the library, did she hide something?), Orchid (why did she come with Plum) and Black of whom we don't know much but he sure leaves his instable patient alone a lot, plus he was at the library just before we got shot - Plum didn't come to check us out so he was dead by then.
The note with the phone number was left outside at the ascent, implying that Ashe would be innocent. Black, Scarlet, Green and Silver were close to the scrap.

One thing we haven't gotten around yet is the newspaper article about the protests at which Dr Orchid was arrested - they had to do with the death of Augustine Peach. Any relation to Ms Peach? It could link Peach and Orchid.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Rose, the girls, birch, they've all been targeted. The prince is the only name on the Agent's list remaining...!

The sister makes another of her noises, surprised at your sudden frantic knocking on the door to the Lunar Suite. Thankfully, you still hear two sets of living footsteps from inside. The royal couple opens the door, but prevent entry.

ImageImage

"What is it?" Emerald asks. "Did someone else get killed?" They hold hands firmly, keeping one another grounded.

"No, not this time." At least there aren't more corpses for once. "Prince Azure, I have grave news. I've found Boddy's journal, and it looks like you are the most likely next target."

He doesn't flinch at the news. "The next target," he reiterated. "I see."

"You found that in Mister Boddy's journal?" Lady Emerald says in exasperation. "Did Mister Boddy intend to kill him then?"

"I believe someone else was working with Mister Boddy. I believe everyone here was intended to be killed, but I believe you may be the next one to be attacked, Prince."

He inhales deeply. "I see," he says in a measured tone. "Cordelia, we stay in our room until-"

"But what about Birch? Fahim, he got shot through his windows, we aren't safe in here."

He turns his head to the side, eyes closed in consideration. "Can you think of anywhere that might be secure?"

"We need security, but we need to arm ourselves first." The royals look at one another with measured concern. A supposed prince and a politician should be able to come up with a decent plan, although you could always offer advice.

>Say something
>Let them come to their own conclusions
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Your Highness, you wanted to see Birch - since your names were both in the journal, I have no problem if you wanted to be with him until this whole mess is over. Only those I've selected are allowed to be in the room with him if that helps.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Out of interest, what are the suspect's ages? (I can ask Spectra if I need to but let's call it profiling)

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP »

The Saturn key is missing. Dr Orchid's room isn't safe. We have both keys to the Mars and Venus room so maybe it's better to put Azure and if possible Birch in one of them?

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

BBP wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:26 pm The Saturn key is missing. Dr Orchid's room isn't safe. We have both keys to the Mars and Venus room so maybe it's better to put Azure and if possible Birch in one of them?
Great idea

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

ImageImage

"Your Highness, you wanted to see Birch - since your names were both in the journal, I have no problem if you wanted to be with him until this whole mess is over. Only those I've selected are allowed to be in the room with him if that helps."

At least, that's what you want to believe. They seem to agree, but there's no hiding your face as your expression curdles.

"That said, one of the Saturn keys is missing. It was supposed to be with Professor Plum. Most likely, his killer took it."

"Are there any available rooms?" Emerald asks. You display four of your keys, the sets for the Venus and Mars bedrooms.

"Unfortunately, we have two vacancies at the moment. "It would be better to put Your Highness and Birch in one of them."

They assess the idea briefly, before nodding. "We'll get our bags immediately."

You watch for any guests in the halls as the royals scurry to gather their belongings. In only a couple lonely minutes, the door to the Lunar suite is closed, and you lead the way up the stairs to the second floor, most of the luggage in hand.

You're just as surprised to see Nurse Bluebell as she is to see you.

ImageImageImage

Azure and Emerald ponder the remaining room as you approach the lady. "Nurse, why aren't you with Birch?"

"I wanted a moment alone... is something the matter?"

Azure rolls one thick finger across his chin in thought. "We will be securing ourselves in... would you prefer the Mars or Venus bedroom, Cordelia?"

"It doesn't matter," she says, "but Venus. The god of war doesn't bode well."

The Prince nods to agree, before turning to the confused nurse. "Nurse Bluebell, we have concerns that the Saturn Bedroom isn't safe. Cordelia and I can watch over Birch. I promise he will be safe with us."

She is hesitant to disobey, but she doesn't agree immediately. "Would you like to watch over him, Louise?"

"Yes. Yes, absolutely," she readily agrees.

"I can bring the bags in, Fahim, why don't you help carry the Underwood boy? Oh, and you Didit," she says, shifting her attention, "Can you please hand me the keys?"

Emerald, Azure, Bluebell, and Birch, locked safe in the Venus bedroom, all of them unarmed... if you have any objections, now is the time.

>What do you say/do?
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

I have no objections but again - only Dr. Mandarin, Nurse Bluebell and Miss Peach have permission to be with the boy. I also have no objections about Mrs. White either if you two are happy to have a bodyguard?

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

ImageImageImage

"I have no objections, but again," you say firmly, "only Dr. Mandarin, Nurse Bluebell and Miss Peach have permission to be with the boy. I also have no objections about Mrs. White, either, if you two are happy to have a bodyguard."

Azure rubs his finger on his chin. "Yes, Mrs. White may stand guard... from outside the room."

"Hm?" Nurse Bluebell tilts her head curiously at the news. "Mrs. White- I trust her, though, she can come inside, can't she?"

"I must agree with Fahim here," Emerald waves off the nurse's concerns. "I don't know her well enough to say. I'm sure she will understand."

"I don't wish to be near her axe, as well."

Bluebell is reluctant to agree, but quickly does so. "We should tell them," she says obediently.

It only takes a few minutes to move rooms. With yourself and the nurses' conditions, he prince and lady carry Birch to the Venus bedroom. Lady Emerald places the orchid vase from the Saturn bedroom near the bed, and the nurse lays out the medical equipment on the bed.

ImageImage

"You can come inside," Lady Emerald almost begs of Miss Peach, "we know you didn't hurt him."

"I just- I-" She swallows and puts on a brave smile. "I don't want to see him like this. I- I need space. I'm fine, really" Her voice is now hoarse, but she's doing her best to stay in control. Before anyone can object, she joins Mrs. White out in the hallway.

Both keys are now safe in the very room they unlock. No one gets in or out without their say so.

>Examine
>Search
>Talk
>Use an item
>Move (Hallway)
>Other
ImageImageImageImage

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

For anyone curious, the suspect ages are as follows;
8 - Birch
20 - Peach
21 - Grey
23 - Silver
24 - Scarlet
25 - Carbon
27 - Brunette
32 - Bluebell
34 - Azure
36 - Emerald, Koi
38 - Glass
40 - Orchid
42 - Tan
44 - Boddy
50 - Mandarin
54 - Rusty
59 - Black
62 - Sky
67 - Brown, Green, Mustard
68 - Plum
70 - Peacock, Ashe, Rose
72 - White
ImageImageImageImage

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Zoo977 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:33 am For anyone curious, the suspect ages are as follows;
8 - Birch
20 - Peach
23 - Silver
24 - Scarlet
32 - Bluebell
34 - Azure
36 - Emerald
40 - Orchid
50 - Mandarin
59 - Black
67 - Brown, Green, Mustard
70 - Ashe
72 - White
This does help - I still think that with the Xs and Os that the killer(s) are playing so kind of game. My prime suspects are those who are young (Under 40) and like to play games - I'd even throw Brown into the mix as he is kind of in a childlike state. Even though he was shot - I still have doubts about Birch

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

How old is Spectra 8)

I know you can't answer that but I figured I'd ask. :mrgreen: I'm gonna guess she might be 36