Clue DVD Board Game - Clips

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Elrond
Gumshoe

Re: Clue DVD Board Game - Clips

Post by Elrond » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:55 pm

Oh! Nice! How would we use these to play? And what would we do for those missing 2 cases???

Elrond
Gumshoe

Post by Elrond » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:19 am

So I've been through these a couple of times to try to re-construct the missing cases... I can't seem to find the sections where the Inspector Notebook clues get given. Am I missing that somewhere on these playlists, or is there more to upload? Thanks!

Sir Shamrock
Gumshoe

Post by Sir Shamrock » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:52 am

They weren't on the disc sadly. I've already uploaded 100% of what came off it. I suppose the only way to figure it out is a bit of deduction, which I'm sure you're good at :wink:

Elrond
Gumshoe

Post by Elrond » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:20 am

That’s so odd. I can’t even find the ones for the other 10 cases which must be SOMEWHERE. They must be buried somewhere in one of the clips you’ve already posted.

Elrond
Gumshoe

Post by Elrond » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Sir Shamrock wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:52 am
They weren't on the disc sadly. I've already uploaded 100% of what came off it. I suppose the only way to figure it out is a bit of deduction, which I'm sure you're good at :wink:
So I found the missing file... but for whatever reason it's only playing the audio on my computer. It's called VTS_05_1 on the DVD. It's somewhat worthless without getting the video to load/play, but I'm afraid I'm out of my depth now.

It's so frustrating because even when I copy it to my desktop, it creates an icon based on part of the video it won't show me!

Elrond
Gumshoe

Post by Elrond » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:23 pm

Finally got it figured out!!!! I’ve now made the game completely playable without the DVD.

The two cut cases are a mess. Clues contradict each other and the conclusion. They have to be reworked to be playable, but I think I’ve figured out how!

It would be a blast to write our own mysteries based on the video segments, etc. One day, I’ll have to split the videos up so each of the Butler clues and Inspector interruptions can be viewed individually.

Jonathan Green
Slueth

Post by Jonathan Green » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Don’t forget to upload them!
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

Elrond
Gumshoe

Post by Elrond » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:25 pm

What do you want uploaded?

Jonathan Green
Slueth

Post by Jonathan Green » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:36 am

Elrond wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:25 pm
What ever you have
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

Jonathan Green
Slueth

Post by Jonathan Green » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:28 am

Jonathan Green wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:36 am
Elrond wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:25 pm
What ever you have
Or any footage of the Dining Room.

Elrond
Gumshoe

Post by Elrond » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:26 am

There IS footage of the Dining Room, but it’s decorated for Xmas. It’s missing on the YouTube clips, but it’s there (there’s also clips of the Lounge decorated for Xmas and the Dark & Storly Night rooms too). I’ll have to see what I can figure out when I get back to work next week. I don’t have a DVD player on my computer... can you imagine? Which is why I’d like to eventually figure out how to get all the clips saved separately so I can play at home!

Sir Shamrock
Gumshoe

Post by Sir Shamrock » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:30 am

When I get the time I'll be sure to check the videos to see if there's anything we missed. And great idea to use the clips to make our own mysteries! I cant wait to see how they turn out

Elrond
Gumshoe

Post by Elrond » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:07 pm

There were three VOB files on the DVD that I haven't found on the youtube playlist. The one with the Inspector Notes (it shows all clues in 1 second, so in order to decipher which clue went where, I had to put it on .1 speed) and the dialogue that goes over it. Then there's a video with the observation notes from Dark and Stormy Night and Christmas at the Mansion. I can't remember the titles of those VOB files, but there were there. The Christmas one has the Hall, not the Lounge (sorry!) And the Stormy Night one has the Hall and Ballroom (both of which show storms outside).

Jonathan Green
Slueth

Post by Jonathan Green » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... u8SJf92GkG

I watch every single video of this playlist and no dining room.

Elrond
Gumshoe

Post by Elrond » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Sorry, no it’s not in the playlist. There are 3 files on the DVD that aren’t in the playlist.

Jonathan Green
Slueth

Post by Jonathan Green » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:42 pm

What 3 files?

Elrond
Gumshoe

Post by Elrond » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:46 pm

I don’t have their names. It’s the ones I mentioned above.

In the conclusion of Dark & Stormy Night, there’s a reference to Boddy having been overheard arguing with a woman. I can’t find that clue anywhere - it’s definitely not one of the Butler clues nor is it in the Inspector Notebook. The only thing I can think is that it’s mentioned in an Inspector Brown segment that has been orphaned or repeated from another mystery. Anyone find this???

Also, there are problems with the Inspector Notebook clues in cases 8 & 9. Anyone figured those out?

Elrond
Gumshoe

Post by Elrond » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:59 am

Okay! The VOB file on the DVD that contains the Room files for Christmas in the Mansion is VTS_21_1.VOB. It has footage of the Lounge and the Dining Room, but they are decorated for Christmas.

The VOB file on the DVD for the Room files for Dark and Stormy Night is VTS_27_1.VOB. It contains footage of the Hall and the Ballroom, but at least for the Ballroom, the footage *may* be different than other games as it shows the storm in the window.

I think you just missed these two files when you uploaded them to youtube. They should be accessible the same way you saw the others from the raw DVD.

Jonathan Green
Slueth

Post by Jonathan Green » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:27 am

I’m trying to get this game for my 16th Birthday (March 20th). I’ll try recording any missing scenes, if there are.

BBP
Junior Detective

Post by BBP » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:32 am

I'll check out if there's anything interesting on the Dutch disk...