A Good Detective Game of Clue *FINALE*

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

A Good Detective Game of Clue *FINALE*

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:51 pm

Welcome to Blackwell Close......

It is October, 1925...
Nova Scotia, Canada...

You are about to enter one of the most exquisite manors to grace the Canadian Maritime Coasts built by Lord Ivor Black of Leeds, England in 1855. You have been invited by the eccentric owner of the mansion, Dr. Isador Black who has kept a low profile over years so this will be a refeshing chance to see him again. He has called for a little get-together with a couple of his most favourite friends from over the years. Even you. But what you would soon realise that before the night is done, you will find yourself embarking on mystery, not just any mystery however.....

As you enter this grand 9-room mansion, your ability to observe will become pivetal before the night is done for there is a storm brewing....now where to start.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------

HALL

INFO: . The Hall is rather enormous and it's style done in an green earthy tone marking an impression of the place. There is plenty of unused space, but not unspoilt. You spot your name entered into the little guest book to the side reminding you that you are most welcome in the grand mansion .....

CURRENT STATUS: Interesting Items: Guestbook, Plum's coat, Mustard's coat, Green's coat, Gray's coat, Plum's suitcase.

LOUNGE

INFO: The design of this room had been purpously done to induce relaxation and pleasure with inviting furnishings and a subtle bit of erotic art. Have a drink of wine if you may and indulge your desires....

CURRENT STATUS: Intresting Items: Half a Glass of Red Wine, Ring, Col. Mustard's corpse, Prof. Plum's corpse.

------------------------------------------------------------------

DINING ROOM

INFO: The colour of red is often used in dining rooms to induce the diner to remain in the room for as long as they wish or longer even. This room is very formal in appearence and also rather long, creating a feeling perpective. There is a great view of the windows for the person sitting at the head of the table....

CURRENT STATUS: Interesting Items: Food, Tea leaves, Broken glass.

KITCHEN

INFO: A delicious aroma wafers around this cozy and yet large and proper kitchen. Even though this is a culinary room for servile usages, you still find it quite homey and elegant. Why not stay for a little bite to eat?.....

CURRENT STATUS: Interesting Items: Food, Sgt. Gray's corpse, Secret Passage.

BALLROOM

INFO: Dr. Black might not of struck you as a man of music, yet right here in his mansion is a gigantic ballroom. The marble walls and floors vibrate the echos and melodies of the night throughout sending a chill down your spine....

CURRENT STATUS: Interesting Items: Bow, Music Sheet, Book, Rose Vase.

CONSERVATORY

INFO: The bubbling emitted from the marble fountain creates an atmosphere of tranquil and solitude. The soothing scent of wet humid petals fills the air. A typewriter indicates that Dr. Black uses this room for writing....

CURRENT STATUS:Interesting Items: Typewriter with no paper, Scarlet's Book, Secret Passage.

----------------------------------------------------------------

BILLIARD ROOM

INFO: A merry room of a jest is the purpous of the Billiard Room. With a scent of tobacco in the air, your sense of fun overwhelms you. Have a round of cards, shoot a few balls around, take a hand at darts, or tickle the ivory keys...what you will!....

CURRENT STATUS: Interesting Items: Unlit Cigarette, 2 Darts, Glass of Wine and Bottle, Cue.

----------------------------------------------------------------

LIBRARY

INFO: Every wall in rather sparce room is lined with the rows and rows of countless volumes, with some never read. By the lack of furniture in this room, it appears that Dr. Black solely intended this room for himself only, to read un-disturbed.....

CURRENT STATUS: Intresting Items: Open Book, Burnt Cue.

STUDY

INFO: This room is Dr. Black's private sanctuary. A place where he can retreat in private and pour over the ideas of his own brilliance. The Study is filled with all sorts of curios to examine......

CURRENT STATUS: Interesting Items: Hankerchief, Half a Note, Mr. Green's corpse, Hip Flask, Little Nook, Rose, Secret Passage.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by CluedoKid on Sun May 06, 2007 11:20 am, edited 81 times in total.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:02 pm

Hmm, sounds interesting but a bit too similar to the Let's Play Clue RPG

I might join if I have time
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:05 pm

How?

There is no suggestion making unless you really want to and there is no playing order. This is a game where you look visually for clues in the room your currently in.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:08 pm

Ooh, maybe I read the rules wrong

The socializing part sounds fun.
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:12 pm

Here's how the murdering works btw. If the murderer selects a room that somebody else selected to stay in for the half hour, he/she is given the option to kill that person. If they do, the person is dead and the murderer is relocated to a different room in the mansion. If he spares the victims life, then he and the person both remain in the selected room.

The murderer cannot kill somebody with two or more people in the room.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:32 pm

Well, I'm not so sure if being stuck in a room is fun. Even though if there's someone else in the room :?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:35 pm

Your not stuck in the room, you are able to switch rooms after you make a new room request at the apporpriate time.

This choosen room method adds strategy so you conclude to which Clues are most important to examine first.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:41 pm

Oh... I still think there's something missing. This game sounds interesting, but it doesn't seem to have anything new from the RPGs of theartofmurder.com's past.

There needs something to spice it up

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:42 pm

PrinceAzure33 wrote:Oh... I still think there's something missing. This game sounds interesting, but it doesn't seem to have anything new from the RPGs of theartofmurder.com's past.

There needs something to spice it up
Like what?

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:42 pm

I dunno, your the RPG host :lol:

Maybe some other important event asides the murder, that way people will be interested in a murder and the other event, because two murders are the same thing, kind of

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:44 pm

PrinceAzure33 wrote:I dunno, your the RPG host :lol:
But if there is something missing from the player request then I need a little imput. I'm not a magician.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:46 pm

See the suggestion I made above

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:47 pm

PrinceAzure33 wrote:I dunno, your the RPG host :lol:

Maybe some other important event asides the murder, that way people will be interested in a murder and the other event, because two murders are the same thing, kind of
Of course there will. I will organize a dinner of course, and the occasional event where everybody gathers into one room if they wish to share their findings to the public.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:49 pm

I meant like something that's important like the murder. Maybe a robbery or an outsider intrudes.

Similar to the people that came to the mansion in the movie.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:51 pm

PrinceAzure33 wrote:I meant like something that's important like the murder. Maybe a robbery or an outsider intrudes.

Similar to the people that came to the mansion in the movie.

Doesn't that seem a little gimmicky to bring to an outsider inside? Kind of breaks the focus.

Also, I don't find the robbery idea but if there are murders occuring, the idea of an object stolen becomes a little insignificant. Unless it was the killer's motive.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:55 pm

But sometimes a murder or two gets boring after awhile...

But that's just my opinion, don't base your whole RPG on it

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:00 pm

PrinceAzure33 wrote:But sometimes a murder or two gets boring after awhile...

But that's just my opinion, don't base your whole RPG on it

I wasn't planning to. Unlike other RPG's, the point of this game is to duduce Clues and solve a mystery. In fact, the multiple murders occour if the killer wishes so. It's requirable that killer does not do too many murders, for he may be at risk of getting himself caught.

He/She shall only kill if they feel endangered of being sniffed out, or they want to keep people on their toes.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:04 pm

Ooh, ok, then this sounds like a fun game :D

I think we should stick to the orginals, like using the orginal 6 suspects plus more if needed but stick to classics like Miss Peach, and using the original 9 rooms

Because GOC got too carried away with new settings and characters

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:08 pm

PrinceAzure33 wrote:
I think we should stick to the orginals, like using the orginal 6 suspects plus more if needed but stick to classics like Miss Peach, and using the original 9 rooms

That's my intent. I agree, looking back, some of the stuff had gotten carried away in GOC. A doomsday office-building!? Miss Pickles!? WTF?

Anyway, yes you may choose any Clue character that has been created before. That includes FX and MD.

And I was planning on only using the original rooms too.
Last edited by CluedoKid on Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:09 pm

Cluedokid25 wrote:
PrinceAzure33 wrote:

That's my intent. I agree, looking back, some of the stuff had gotten carried away in GOC. A doomsday office-building!? Miss Pickles!? WTF?

:lol: I know, talk about straying away from the orginal Clue! :lol: