Tank museum Cluedo

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Tank museum Cluedo

Post by Murder by Death » Sat May 25, 2019 2:31 pm

Well here an interesting new custom edition. Hard to imagine the interest for such a game.

https://tankmuseumshop.org/collections/ ... eum-cluedo

[Early on a warm summer’s day in Bovington, staff arriving for work at The Tank Museum make a gruesome discovery. Their long serving and beloved Curator, David Black, has been murdered!

Choose between being the historian, guide, cleaner, shop manager, mechanic or librarian, and move between the Museum's exhibitions to see if the Curator was killed by the Mark IV, TOG II*, M4A4 Sherman, Tiger 131, T-72, or Challenger 2.

Tank Museum Cluedo is the all-new board game that combines the fast-paced gameplay of Cluedo with the iconic Tank Museum in Dorset. /quote]

BBP
Junior Detective

Re: Tank museum Cluedo

Post by BBP » Sat May 25, 2019 5:27 pm

If it comes with mini tanks to play with, I'm in! :lol:

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:49 pm

BBP wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:27 pm
If it comes with mini tanks to play with, I'm in! :lol:
Yes!!

You really have to learn your tanks to play this game though ... the differences on some of them are subtle ...

BBP
Junior Detective

Post by BBP » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:53 pm

Oh god that's awesome! :lol: Thank you for posting that!

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:04 pm

And talk about your suspension of disbelief ... can you imagine murdering someone with a tank? In the museum Restaurant!?

BBP
Junior Detective

Post by BBP » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:49 pm

Murder by Death wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:04 pm
And talk about your suspension of disbelief ... can you imagine murdering someone with a tank? In the museum Restaurant!?
Well, you just prepare a tank to fire and wait for the victim to walk by... and of course there's a tank in the restaurant as a decor... :lol: I'm not the avid collector some of the people here are but I'm seriously considering getting it...

Lord Leo Le Blanc
Spy

Post by Lord Leo Le Blanc » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:48 pm

Murder by Death wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:04 pm
unlike figuring out what the weapon is just from seeing if Boddy has stab wounds or rope marks. You won't be able to tell easily without searching to find out which tank killed Boddy.

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Post by Jonathan Green » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:20 am

Maybe David Black was run over by a tank? I once saw an episode of Midsomer Murders where that happened. It makes more sense that not hearing a tank fire.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:06 am

Jonathan Green wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:20 am
Maybe David Black was run over by a tank? I once saw an episode of Midsomer Murders where that happened. It makes more sense that not hearing a tank fire.
That’s really my point. Have you ever heard a tank in operation? Just starting the engine would wake the dead, much less driving around with the armored plates clattering around as they crush everything in their path.

Now imagine a tank from one part of the museum has to drive across he museum and into the restaurant to run down poor David Black. Unless he gave the tank a run for its money, it’s gonna be pretty obvious which tank did it, and where. Even more obvious if it shoots a round into him. And then the tank is returned to its original location without any signs of it having been moved, much less the path of destruction left in its wake chasing the victim down.

I’ve got problems with the gun being used as a murder weapon, but a tank is much worse, in terms of a discrete weapon able to murder the victim while in the same house as the other suspects, with the murder going undiscovered until sometime later when the body is discovered at the foot of the cellar stairs.