Which man is perfect for Mr. Boddy?

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Possible love interest

Reverend/Mr Green
50%
Colonel Mustard
No votes
Professor Plum
25%
Mr Slate-Grey
No votes
Captain Brown
No votes
Monsieur Brunette
25%
Sergeant Gray
No votes
Prince Azure
No votes
Rusty Nayler
No votes
Lord Gray
No votes

Total votes: 4

coinilius
Junior Detective

Which man is perfect for Mr. Boddy?

Post by coinilius » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:39 am

Following the discussions that have been had in the 'which woman is perfect for Mr. Boddy?' thread, I thought it might be a good idea to have a counter-point poll for which man might be the perfect match for our perpetual victim.

I don't really have too many thoughts at this stage, although I would totally enjoy an interpretation of Rusty Nayler as a hot younger gardener, rather than the bitter older guy he is usually depicted as. I could also see Mr Slate-Grey as being potentially gay, so there could be a possibility there too.

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Re: Which man is perfect for Mr. Boddy?

Post by PrinceAlarming » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:44 pm

I like that reimagining of Rusty

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:08 am

I knew you would pick Plum, PrinceAlarming lol at least I assume it is you that voted for him

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:47 pm

The rest have to earn Plum’s affection. It’s a privilege and an honor to be with Plum.

😂🤣

MrBoddy2003
Investigator

Post by MrBoddy2003 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:41 am

PrinceAlarming wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:47 pm
The rest have to earn Plum’s affection. It’s a privilege and an honor to be with Plum.

😂🤣
I Like This Guy
Frankly, Scarlett, I Think You're A Tramp!!!!

MrGreenJeans
Slueth

Post by MrGreenJeans » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:49 pm

I was torn between Green and Plum! I suppose it could also depend on what iteration of the character you're thinking of.

On this topic, Boddy being gay could totally work as a plot point. Think about it - rich gay bachelor who is friends with a broadway/Hollywood star (Scarlet), a busybody (Peacock), has a battle axe housekeeper (White)....you could have one (or more) of the male suspects be of the same lifestyle - maybe a former lover - and the others (or not) an old war buddy, childhood friend, etc.

MrBoddy2003
Investigator

Post by MrBoddy2003 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:14 pm

coinilius wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:08 am
I knew you would pick Plum, PrinceAlarming lol at least I assume it is you that voted for him
Please, Have You Seen Peter? That Kid's Obviously Gay
Frankly, Scarlett, I Think You're A Tramp!!!!

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:39 pm

Wait ... Mrs. Peacock's a man!?

Jonathan Green
Senior Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:42 pm

Murder by Death wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:39 pm
Wait ... Mrs. Peacock's a man!?
Funny you should say that, because this is what a female peacock looks like:

This is a male peacock:
The males have the classic blue color we associate Mrs. P, so technically, Mrs. Peacock is a MAN.
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:03 pm

I was watching ‘the Roman Holidays’ - a retread of the Flintstones/Jetsons concept except set in Ancient Rome, and in one of the episodes the families pet lion was trying to woo a female lion at the zoo... except the female lion had a mane, a defining feature of a male lion.

The swapping of male/female animal dimorphism happens a lot and is always kind of funny - male peacock colours being associated with female characters goes all the way back to Hera.

It’s a different topic again, but gender swapped/alternate gender versions of the characters would also be interesting to explore. There have been official versions, where characters have been reimagined, and I assume plenty of fan art.

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:01 pm

MrGreenJeans wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:49 pm
I was torn between Green and Plum! I suppose it could also depend on what iteration of the character you're thinking of.

On this topic, Boddy being gay could totally work as a plot point. Think about it - rich gay bachelor who is friends with a broadway/Hollywood star (Scarlet), a busybody (Peacock), has a battle axe housekeeper (White)....you could have one (or more) of the male suspects be of the same lifestyle - maybe a former lover - and the others (or not) an old war buddy, childhood friend, etc.
I love this idea! I kind of want to write it

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:05 pm

coinilius wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:03 pm
I was watching ‘the Roman Holidays’ - a retread of the Flintstones/Jetsons concept except set in Ancient Rome, and in one of the episodes the families pet lion was trying to woo a female lion at the zoo... except the female lion had a mane, a defining feature of a male lion.

The swapping of male/female animal dimorphism happens a lot and is always kind of funny - male peacock colours being associated with female characters goes all the way back to Hera.

It’s a different topic again, but gender swapped/alternate gender versions of the characters would also be interesting to explore. There have been official versions, where characters have been reimagined, and I assume plenty of fan art.
I’ve seen Prof Plum played by an African American woman on stage. She did a great job in the role, so adorably nerdy.

Jonathan Green
Senior Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:30 pm

PrinceAlarming wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:05 pm
coinilius wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:03 pm

I’ve seen Prof Plum played by an African American woman on stage. She did a great job in the role, so adorably nerdy.
Prof. Plum is the only one I think could go through a gender-switch, I saw some fanart of it.

MajorHoy
Slueth

Post by MajorHoy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:57 pm

Jonathan Green wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:30 pm
. . . Prof. Plum is the only one I think could go through a gender-switch, I saw some fanart of it.
A female Colonel Mustard with his prodigious mustache would probably not be all that appealing to many . . .

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:13 pm

There are women in the military and women pastors. Colonel Mustard and Reverend Green could certainly be women. Miss Scarlet could instead be a renowned male makeup artist or fashion designer who simply goes by ‘Scarlet’ for his signature lipstick or clothing line with red incorporated into every piece, or maybe he’s a model. Mrs Peacock is a man? Why not. A black widow who marries rich and kills her husbands. Men do that too; especially with wealthy senior citizens who are loaded and about to croak. Mrs White the maid or Mr White the butler / chef. Dr Orchid, certainly you’ve heard the phrase ‘Real men wear pink’.

Jonathan Green
Senior Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:43 pm

PrinceAlarming wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:13 pm
There are women in the military and women pastors. Colonel Mustard and Reverend Green could certainly be women. Miss Scarlet could instead be a renowned male makeup artist or fashion designer who simply goes by ‘Scarlet’ for his signature lipstick or clothing line with red incorporated into every piece, or maybe he’s a model. Mrs Peacock is a man? Why not. A black widow who marries rich and kills her husbands. Men do that too; especially with wealthy senior citizens who are loaded and about to croak. Mrs White the maid or Mr White the butler / chef. Dr Orchid, certainly you’ve heard the phrase ‘Real men wear pink’.
I once saw artwork of a Mr. White (by the same person who did Female Plum).

Art by Andrew Kolb
Source: https://www.kolbisneat.com/portfolio/clue/

A little off topic but if I was to write a gay character, it would be Miss Scarlett as a bisexual. She would still lean towards men, but would occasionally flirt with some girls.

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:10 pm

I like that female professor Plum, reminds me of professor Rubio from the older Spanish edition of Cluedo, where the yellow character is a woman (and repurposes the US 1972 artwork)

Also off topic, I would love a Cluedo prequel scenario that uses Mr White, the late husband of Mrs White (not gender swapped Mrs White)

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:22 pm

coinilius wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:10 pm
I like that female professor Plum, reminds me of professor Rubio from the older Spanish edition of Cluedo, where the yellow character is a woman (and repurposes the US 1972 artwork)

Also off topic, I would love a Cluedo prequel scenario that uses Mr White, the late husband of Mrs White (not gender swapped Mrs White)
Save Dr Lucky and Kill Dr Lucky might interest you, they play a lot like prequels to Clue

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:26 pm

Jonathan Green wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:43 pm
PrinceAlarming wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:13 pm
I once saw artwork of a Mr. White (by the same person who did Female Plum).

Art by Andrew Kolb
Source: https://www.kolbisneat.com/portfolio/clue/

A little off topic but if I was to write a gay character, it would be Miss Scarlett as a bisexual. She would still lean towards men, but would occasionally flirt with some girls.
I was tinkering with Miss Scarlet functioning like that in a mafia / werewolf Clue spin off where she uses her charm to distract a player during the night phase where it’s predetermined if she can target men, women, or both.

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:46 pm

PrinceAlarming wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:22 pm
coinilius wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:10 pm

Save Dr Lucky and Kill Dr Lucky might interest you, they play a lot like prequels to Clue

Yes they do - I have played the Dr Lucky games before, though haven't looked at them again in ages.