logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clue Current Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monsieurchartreuse
Suspect

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murder by Death wrote:
monsieurchartreuse wrote:
What is your favourite "era" for Clue to take place in? Are the characters interbellum archetypes (either 20's or 30's), or are they post-second world war characters from the era when the board game was first released (50's)? Or are they "whatever the time is when this edition of the game is released"?

I'm working on a bit of a project right now and I'm of multiple minds when it comes to the interbellum period. I've always pictured Scarlett as an actress (I think she was described that way in the 1996 European game, and it's a good profession for her). I just got three miniatures from the Passport to Murder game in the mail - they're absolutely gorgeous and I love the 1920's setting. But, looking up many, many, many pictures, Scarlett strikes me as more of a 1930's actress than really a silent film star. More of a femme fatale than an ingenue.

And then of course, there's the issue of whether she's a blonde or a brunette...

You might want to post a thread for this with a poll. It will get lost here.

Probably, thought I was going through "current thoughts" rather than having an actual question. But I suppose I might write up a separate thread later!
cluedoking123
Senior Detective

Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm a garbage human and just bought a GAME OF THRONES CLUE EXPANSION Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

It adds two characters and the weapon pieces are golden now...

it cost me $24.95 ...I think I have a problem

https://www.amazon.com/Clue-Game-Thrones-Convention-Exclusive/dp/B07C57CGMW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527959432&sr=8-1&keywords=clue+game+of+thrones+convention+exclusive
Jonathan Green
Snoop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drew a couple of poses from the Clue app on my Instagram.
Mr. Green's murder pose and Dr. Orchid's arrested pose.
Check it out: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjh4djgBHk_/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=2hc62wukj7pv
Sir Shamrock
Spy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was this estate sale the other day that had a 1996 Clue game for $2. Now the rest of the games there went for $5-$10, but because the owner couldn't find the lead pipe and rope, she marked it down. But when I got home, there they were tucked in the instructions the entire time! A foolish oversight indeed!
cluedoking123
Senior Detective

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Shamrock wrote:
There was this estate sale the other day that had a 1996 Clue game for $2. Now the rest of the games there went for $5-$10, but because the owner couldn't find the lead pipe and rope, she marked it down. But when I got home, there they were tucked in the instructions the entire time! A foolish oversight indeed!

love it! Laughing Laughing Laughing
BBP
Investigator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movie is on Arte right now - Deutsch nachsynkronisiert. Very Happy
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for some new dishes, for game night...

cluedoking123
Senior Detective

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want that so badly!
WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered today that Leslie Grantham died last week. Sad So not only is an EastEnders legend gone, we're also down one more Cluedo actor!
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let's see now. Currently of Cluedo characters alive, we have -

5 Miss Scarletts

5 Professor Plums

4 Mrs. Peacocks

3 Colonel Mustards

3 Reverend Greens

2 Mrs. Whites
Snoop

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clue the movie will be coming back to Hulu on July 1 at 3:00 am.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Green wrote:

Well, happy birthday to me! I haven't had a DVD player hooked up in ages, so it'll be nice to be able to stream this again.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Jonathan Green wrote:

Well, happy birthday to me! I haven't had a DVD player hooked up in ages, so it'll be nice to be able to stream this again.

Everyone should own a digital copy of this movie.

I encourage everyone to download VUDU and take advantage of their conversion option. If you own a DVD or blue ray of the movie, you simply enter the UPC and for $2 they give you the digital copy. If you don’t own the Blu-ray, you can upgrade to an HD copy for $5. All you need is the UPC code from the disc. Google can help with locating it. In most cases there’s no reason to pay more than $2 for an older movie.
BBP
Investigator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the admin when you need him?
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murder by Death wrote:
alwaysPeacock wrote:
Jonathan Green wrote:

I encourage everyone to download VUDU and take advantage of their conversion option. If you own a DVD or blue ray of the movie, you simply enter the UPC and for $2 they give you the digital copy. If you don’t own the Blu-ray, you can upgrade to an HD copy for $5. All you need is the UPC code from the disc. Google can help with locating it. In most cases there’s no reason to pay more than $2 for an older movie.

For casual viewing, I don't mind renting/streaming digitally. But for movies I really love, I have to own a physical copy of the best quality possible (reason I'm always willing to shell out for a Criterion edition). Streaming will never consistently look/sound as good a disc, or at least no better than DVD quality. An HD stream can look/sound really good, but at the end of the day it's entirely dependent on how good your internet connection is when you're ready to stream.

Besides, I can't get a random ending to Clue if I'm always streaming it. It's a nice option to have, but eventually I'm gonna add the BD release to my library (and make room for my BD player currently languishing in storage because I hate unpacking almost more than packing).

On another note: now that I've gorged on the whole thing, I'm very down for a Westworld edition of Clue. A guest (or Ford) is dead. Which Human used which Host to kill him, and Where in the park? Could even work as another "3-D" board like the Star Wars edition.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Murder by Death wrote:
alwaysPeacock wrote:
Jonathan Green wrote:

For casual viewing, I don't mind renting/streaming digitally. But for movies I really love, I have to own a physical copy of the best quality possible (reason I'm always willing to shell out for a Criterion edition). Streaming will never consistently look/sound as good a disc, or at least no better than DVD quality. An HD stream can look/sound really good, but at the end of the day it's entirely dependent on how good your internet connection is when you're ready to stream.

Besides, I can't get a random ending to Clue if I'm always streaming it. It's a nice option to have, but eventually I'm gonna add the BD release to my library (and make room for my BD player currently languishing in storage because I hate unpacking almost more than packing).

On another note: now that I've gorged on the whole thing, I'm very down for a Westworld edition of Clue. A guest (or Ford) is dead. Which Human used which Host to kill him, and Where in the park? Could even work as another "3-D" board like the Star Wars edition.

LOL — you realize I’m responding to the fact you haven’t had a DVD player hooked up in ages right? Not about to debate the superiority of BD over streaming, or even DVD over streaming... my point was for $2, you can have a digital copy to watch any time you want rather than waiting for a streaming service you may or may not subscribe to, to schedule it.

On another note, not sure about WESTWORLD Clue. Guess I’ll have to watch the second season. I loved the first one, but not really feeling Clue for it yet. Would there be an orgy room? Haha
Sir Shamrock
Spy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun story Very Happy , I was going through an antique fair (looking for weapons Razz ) and there was this lady selling candlesticks. So I went over and saw that she had the Diamond Princess. She came over and immediately lowered the price and told the history of the candlesticks set. It was nice, but the Diamond Prince is what is used in Clue. But then she said that she had a whole bunch of those to sell back home. She reached in her pocket and grabed out her card for deliveries. That was a good day.
Sir Shamrock
Spy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was also a nice Pepper Box revolver at another booth, so that was pretty cool
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com/press-release/barnes-noble-launches-first-ever-summer-game-night-series-stores-nationwide/

Thursday, August 2, 7 PM
CLUE: Harry Potter by USAopoly, Inc.
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Shamrock wrote:
Fun story Very Happy , I was going through an antique fair (looking for weapons Razz ) and there was this lady selling candlesticks. So I went over and saw that she had the Diamond Princess. She came over and immediately lowered the price and told the history of the candlesticks set. It was nice, but the Diamond Prince is what is used in Clue. But then she said that she had a whole bunch of those to sell back home. She reached in her pocket and grabed out her card for deliveries. That was a good day.

I'd like to see your collection. Wink

Just as well, for anyone interested, here are some Diamond Prince candlesticks selling at a price relatively cheap as far as I see the Diamond Jubilee set usually sell for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Pair-of-11-7-8-English-Brass-The-Diamond-Prince-Push-Up-Candlesticks/113036578685?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D52953%26meid%3Da9b4cf574be34928a3effe59d9a5f601%26pid%3D100970%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D11%26sd%3D113036578685%26itm%3D113036578685&_trksid=p2481888.c100970.m5481&_trkparms=pageci%3A3892c42c-85fe-11e8-bdaa-74dbd180b31a%7Cparentrq%3A8fabc07a1640ad4836f923e9fffec974%7Ciid%3A1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 66 of 67

Jump to: