Has anyone seen a titanic-like movie called The Poseidon Adventure :?:

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:23 pm

my mom always makes references to that movie but i've never seen it

V.S.

The Movie

Post by V.S. » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:07 am

I saw that movie! It is tragic! I loved it! It was sad when the elderly lady had the heart attack! I can't believe the boat flipped over! The people were so stupid! Why didn't they climb up the Christmas tree like the rest? They were too lazy! That movie is really good! I can't believed the people survived! It was an overall good movie! It creeped me out a little! When the gut fell into the window, I screamed! I recommend people see this movie! Chad you would like it! I think they were trying to say the god of the water turned the boat over! When the storm started they zoomed in on the god's face! There was also that weird girl who has a dad who was a hippi! People, just see the movie! I heard a guy made his house exactly like the scenery in the movie!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:18 pm

Did anybody catch the made-for-tv remake last night. It was better in some aspects, but I just can't see how a bomb would flip a cruise ship over. It looked so fake and made no sense whatsoever. And poor Steve Gutenberg. Has his career gotten so bad he's reduced to this?!
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:17 am

Personally, I'm getting so sick of this whole terrorism business. Please. Enough is enough.

I have to say, I love the old film much, much better. I believe I still have it.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:05 am

That reminds me... I missed the first 10 or so minutes. Why were there terrorists on board?!
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:42 pm

It was a sucky remake, even though I taped it and never saw the original.

Terrorists was onboard to kill people! :P :lol:

Azure

Post by Azure » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:42 pm

that was just me

Michael as Guest

Post by Michael as Guest » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:41 pm

Anonymous wrote:It was a sucky remake, even though I taped it and never saw the original.

Terrorists was onboard to kill people! :P :lol:
If you haven't seen the original, why would you think it's a sucky remake?

There's another Poseidon movie coming out in movie theaters soon too.

Azure

Post by Azure » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:38 pm

Because the acting wasn't great, I just really couldn't believe that they all were trying to get up to to the top. Although the actress who did Mrs. Rosen was good, it was sad when she had a heart attack.

And about the another remake, I hope they will make that better and it's titled "Poseidon" to make the title shorter. I don't see any names on the IMDB list that I know though... :?

Cluedokid25 as a guest

Post by Cluedokid25 as a guest » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:47 pm

)Sorry but I saw the tv movie and it was *beep* poor

I liked it better when Manny was alive in the orginal so I didnt have to hear Manny this and Manny that in the remake. The terrorist idea was just stupid. The acting was was left to be desired and the 3D images were too pristene. I actually felt emotion in the first one.

On the other hand this movie was atleast fun. When that man's blonde chickiebeau was crossing the catwalk, I kept shouting "sorry hunny but your the last one to go across and you took this man from his lovin family! That firey pit is just waiting for you to sybolize how your as low as a terrorist! :lol:"

I love it when Im right!

Azure

Post by Azure » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:38 pm

Haha, yeah most of my predictions of each charcater's demise and/or their method ended up correctly.

Shetina
Snoop
Location: Somewhere on the outskirts of depressing, also known as northern Illinois

Post by Shetina » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:56 pm

I'm a big fan of the originial, and I balked at the idea of a TV-movie remake. From what I hear, it's as bad as I feared it would be.
I guess all creative people are a little peculiar, it's part of their charm, really.

Azure

Post by Azure » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:00 pm

I finally found a copy of the P.A. and I loved it, it was sooooo much better than the remake, and it was really really sad when Mrs. Rosen died.In another thread about Titanic sucked, PA rocks, or whatever, someone said that they wished the annoying little kid died. I found the kid annoying too, but I didn't wish death on him.

I agree with Matt, I liked how Manny was in it, and not having to hear Manny said-, I remember how Manny used to-- blah blah

Spoilers ahead-I was really surprised when Gene Hackman as the reverend died. What a twist!
Also, when Mrs. Rogo died, I was surprised too, I thought she would live!

Azure

Post by Azure » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:02 pm

Shocking! :shock:

From IMDB's trivia for PA:
Red Buttons and Carol Lynley, whose characters fall in love in the movie, actually disliked each other intensely. They refused to have anything to do with each other except when the cameras were rolling.
I really felt the connection from them :!: