Favourite Villians

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jay Beeskow
"Apparently, I'm most like Wadsworth."

Post by Jay Beeskow » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:21 pm

Dr. Malcolm Betruger:
A talented scientist in charge of research at the Union Aerospace facility on Mars. Dr. Betruger put great effort into the company's research into teleportation, believeing it to be one of the greatest acheivements of mankind. Betruger worked eighteen hour shifts at the facility and was quite demanding of his staff. Unfortunately the teleporters passed through a dimension known as *beep*, one teleporter in particular went directly to *beep*. Why it does this is unknown. But sadly, it seems that Dr. Betruger became possessed by a demon of some sort. In November of 2145 Dr. Betruger used the teleporter to unleash *beep* on Mars. Demons poured out turning once frustrated staff members into frustrated ghouls, or simply slaughtering them. Nice, eh? I don't know, for some reason hearing Dr. Betruger laugh manically at the idea of you suffering puts a smile on my face. Betruger has the look and feel of Dr. Hannibal Lecter, he's just so charming, I can't help but like him. His voice was provided by the same guy that did Wargrave's voice in the And Then There Were None computer game.

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:31 pm

Elena Derevko

Best Quote:
"I know it's not easy, greatness never is"

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:58 pm

Picture of Major Arnold Toht:

Best Quotes:

"You Americans are all the same, always over dressing for the wrong occasions!"

"We-we are not thristy"

And finally I love it when he screams like a girl as his face melts, and his screams turn to gargles as he chokes on his own blood.

"ARRRRRCCHBAGRBLARGLEEE*gargle*"

cluegirl104
"I NEED to watch the movie again!!"

Post by cluegirl104 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:20 pm

that is gross!
Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless b!tch

Scarlet
Snoop

Post by Scarlet » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:47 pm

Definitely not hate, but love the brilliant Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Post by Lord Caspen » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:39 pm

Kristev,
Kristev wrote:My favorite villains are: Sherlock Holmes, Superman, James Bond, & Chief Brody.
I don't really see how these guys are villains -- with the exception of James Bond. I don't know who Chief Brody is.
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:40 pm

Lord Caspen wrote:Kristev,
Kristev wrote:My favorite villains are: Sherlock Holmes, Superman, James Bond, & Chief Brody.
I don't really see how these guys are villains -- with the exception of James Bond. I don't know who Chief Brody is.
I don't know why Sherlock is villianous. Superman is American right-wing propoganda and Chief Brody murdered a shark for the sake of people able to use a beach again.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:41 pm

Jay Beeskow wrote:Dr. Malcolm Betruger:
A talented scientist in charge of research at the Union Aerospace facility on Mars. Dr. Betruger put great effort into the company's research into teleportation, believeing it to be one of the greatest acheivements of mankind. Betruger worked eighteen hour shifts at the facility and was quite demanding of his staff. Unfortunately the teleporters passed through a dimension known as *beep*, one teleporter in particular went directly to *beep*. Why it does this is unknown. But sadly, it seems that Dr. Betruger became possessed by a demon of some sort. In November of 2145 Dr. Betruger used the teleporter to unleash *beep* on Mars. Demons poured out turning once frustrated staff members into frustrated ghouls, or simply slaughtering them. Nice, eh? I don't know, for some reason hearing Dr. Betruger laugh manically at the idea of you suffering puts a smile on my face. Betruger has the look and feel of Dr. Hannibal Lecter, he's just so charming, I can't help but like him. His voice was provided by the same guy that did Wargrave's voice in the And Then There Were None computer game.
Judging by that screenshot, the 3D puppet style looks reminisant of the style of the characters in ATTWN.

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:14 am

Again, I find myself mentioning Jack Krauser. Little is known about his background, but it's apparent he was once a good-guy agent of the government before he turned into crazed traitor. It's a shame they made him seem so flat and personality-less but left his background open to many theories and interpetations that make for some fun jokes. Either way, he's a nice piece of eyecandy for those tired of prettyboy in the Resident Evil games.
His lines and actions were good enough to earn him a fanfollowing, and he's a pain to fight...even on easy mode.

Pyscho Buff Commandos for the win! :D
There comes a time in every zombie illustrator's life....
When they realize that people with crowbars, shotguns, and chainsaws aren't friends.

cluegirl104
"I NEED to watch the movie again!!"

Post by cluegirl104 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:52 am

dr evil-great villian!! :D
Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless b!tch

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Post by Lord Caspen » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:30 am

Cluedokid,
Cluedokid25 wrote:
I don't know why Sherlock is villianous. Superman is American right-wing propoganda and Chief Brody murdered a shark for the sake of people able to use a beach again.
Oh, is that all? Okay, I thought Kristev had wanted to be taken seriously. Never mind.
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:47 am

Lord Caspen wrote:Cluedokid,
Cluedokid25 wrote:
Oh, is that all? Okay, I thought Kristev had wanted to be taken seriously. Never mind.

I am mearly making assumptions on why I think he chose those characters. I am being as serious as I'm willing to be Mr. Caspen. I was being scarcastic with Superman. And what villiany did Mr. Bond commit?

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Cluedokid

Post by Lord Caspen » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:07 am

Cluedokid,

I apologize if I've overreacted, and I didn't mean to suggest anything about you, in any case.

As for Bond -- I was trying to be concililatory, and thought I could see an argument be made against Bond, but now I'm just not interested in this topic.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Re: Cluedokid

Post by CluedoKid » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:09 am

Lord Caspen wrote:Cluedokid,

I apologize if I've overreacted, and I didn't mean to suggest anything about you, in any case.
I didn't look at it as that.

I contacted Kristev, he says:

"Because Superman, Sherlock, and Brody wouldn't leave poor, harmless little Lex Luthor, Prof. Moriarty, and Mr. & Mrs. Jaws alone."

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Yes

Post by Lord Caspen » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:11 am

Yes. I overreacted. My apologies, Kristev.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:32 am

Another excellent villianess is Catwoman from Batman Begins.

She is so deliciously emotional and it's amazing watching her transformation from a meek, homely, run-of the mill, secretary to a sexy, black vinal wearing, b!tch of a woman. She is a very 3-dimentional character, and her romantic relationship with Batman is far more poinant, intresting and meaningful than the bland Vicky Vale in the first movie.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:13 am

Yes, Catwoman was the ONLY good part of Batman Returns. In fact, I watched it recently, and I felt that they really didn't even need the Penguin. He was disgusting anyway. Michelle Pfieffer portrayed Catwoman purrfectly. Her predecessors, Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt, and the one from oldschool Batman movie (drawing a blank on her name) are all legends.

And Vickie Vale, was pretty hot, so her blandness is masked by that. In fact, in Bat Thumb, I believe she says something like:

"Well, I'm hot...and I can scream really loud"

That about somes up her character.

Dr. Chase Meridian, though (Nicole Kidman, Batman Forver) BEST BATGIRL EVER!!!!!! So freaking...oh...I can't even...it's what made me fall in love with Nicole Kidman, and I was a little kid when that came out.

Back to villians, or rather villainesses...

One that I liked and was suprised that I liked was Breathless Mahoney (Madonna) in D!ck Tracy. I'm not a big fan of Madonna, I like a couple of her songs, but she does a decent job in this movie, and her character is pretty cool. She has all the best lines. Some of my favorites are:

Breathless: I know how you feel. You don't know whether you want to hit me or kiss me. I get a lot of that.

D!ck Tracy: What? No grief for Lips?
Breathless: (unphased) I'm wearing black underwear.
D!ck Tracy: You know I can take you downtown and make you sweat in out under the hot lights?
Breathless: I sweat it out much better in the dark.

Breathless: [After taking off her coat, showing a very revealing evening gown] Aren't you going to frisk me?

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:22 am

cluegirl104 wrote:dr evil-great villian!! :D
I prefer Blofeld myself.
Also, we must not forget Goldfinger:
Dr. No:
And of course, everyone's favorites, Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd:

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:05 am

Cluedokid25 wrote:Judging by that screenshot, the 3D puppet style looks reminisant of the style of the characters in ATTWN.
Don't quote me on this, but I don't believe the two games were made in that same style. Also, I thought I'd add a little film featuring the good doctor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qq-441td9E

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:31 pm

Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd? They were the worst sidekick villains ever. I know that the fact that they were not supposed to show emotion was to show how evil they were, but it came across as bad acting.

Jaws and Odd Job were much better foes.