The Steamboat Massacre

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jay Beeskow
"Apparently, I'm most like Wadsworth."

Post by Jay Beeskow » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:04 am

NTD Mouse wrote:We're in Mississippi, you didn't travel up to get here from Texas, you had to travel East to get here."
Actually, Beth did have to travel north. Steamboat Josephine is from St. Louis.

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:27 am

Geraldine watched Peter run before shaking her head and laughing some, knowing full well that the Russian was panicking, she hurried after him to avoid being left alone with the large woman.

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:33 pm

In his mindless panic, Peters rand right into his door before managing to unlock it and practically tear the place apart in search of a life vest. Finding one, he noticed the note on the door on his way out. "I hope it's about the bloody boat tilting and tipping constantly. Geraldine, there's one on the other door as well."

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:35 pm

Having left the Russian she returned to the delux suite to find an envelope on her nightstand,

"Timeshare? I don't recall signing up for time shares... I must have done it or else I wouldn't of received this letter." She folded the letter and put it into her purse fixing her hair and hat she pulled her good cane from the closet, it was a rather nice peice that her husband had purchased at a bidding. Solid oak wood, the top was fashioned like a lion's head with imitation topaz's for the eyes. She chaged clothes into a more formal atire, that of a nice skirt and blouse and a nice overcoat and jacket with matching hat and shoes.

"I've already got it you ninny, I just left the envelope!" Once dressed she removed the envelope from her door and tossed it in her purse aswell before going off to find the private Dining Room; while walking she pinned her bumble bee brooch onto her coat

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:41 pm

Sighing, peters walked behind Geraldine, holding the lifevest in one hand. He had no idea about the timeshares, he didn't sign up for them either...anyways if the captain saw it as important then he might as well so see what it was all about.

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:42 pm

*Wearing a white tuxedo with a black bowtie, Captain Sam Metzger sits at the head of the table in the private dining room. He isn't wearing his hat, and he sits quietly at the table fiddling with his combover. He appears to be rather annoyed by something.*

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:07 pm

Currently, I'm finishing making everyone's infromation panels. The information panels will be sent to each of the players via private message directly following the murder.

The Information Panels consist of:
Total Points Needed - To win the game you need to accumulate 100 points by completing various optional goals.
Total Points - The amount of points you currently hold.
Primary Goals - Required to complete the game.
Optional Goals - Players can choose between these goals and choose what they want to attempt. Each optional goal is worth a certain amount of points.
Completed Goals - Lists all optional goals you have completed.
Information - Anything you know about the crime, or anything you know that someone else might need to know to complete a goal is listed here.
Items of Interest - Items held in your inventory that may be needed by other players to complete a goal.

Perhaps you want to steal Geraldine Rutherford's diary? Or maybe you'd like to learn something about Alexander Cinnamon? Well, I'm asking everyone again to attempt at coming up with goals for themselves. Perhaps there is something your character would want to accomplish while aboard Steamboat Josephine? And maybe even something you know would be easy to do? Well, what are you waiting for then? Send any suggestions to me, via private message. And while your at it, why don't you come up with some information too? :wink:

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:57 pm

Oh, I've also edited the instructions for the game on the first page. You may want to read them over. There aren't any major changes, just some things you probably should know that I may have neglected to point out in the past.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:37 am

I got my invitaiton. I went to dinner

(Sorry, I was at work all night)

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:59 am

Cinnamon goes to the dinner, too.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:17 pm

Mmmmm I beleive were having lamb for dinner....oh wait that was before I visited the galley, I wonder what they have come up with instead?

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

Post by Colonel Gray Poopond » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:07 pm

I am here a little late I suppose but all is forgiven right?
All you need is love!

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:09 pm

Of course, the game hasn't started yet!

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:46 pm

Well, I'm a little tired of making information panels, so there will be a slight delay on the game. I'm going to go work on a sequel to "The Fighting Preacher"!

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:47 pm

A tall, bald man with a funny looking mustache enters the dining room. The man grabs Captain Metzger by the shoulders and gleefully introduces himself to the group. "Hello everyone! I'm sure you all know who I am, but in case you don't, I'm Walter Trask." He says. "I'm sure that none of your are happy to see me. But I'm glad to see everyone showed up!" He lets go of Captain Metzger and begins to circle the dining table as he speaks. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there is no time share presentation. The letters sent to you all were merely a ruse. I wanted to get you all together, and I thought Sam's lovely riverboat would be a great meeting spot."

The rest of the scene will play out as a conversation. Players may post their question and comments towards Trask. And yes, the game has started.

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:15 pm

Geraldine raised an eye brow as she looked to the bald man

"I don't know who you are Mr. Trask, but lying to get one's cooperation is unheard of! How dare you take me away from my relaxing? Me, a frail, old woman." She stood up, the cane in her hand as she looked to Peters,

"I don't know about you Peter, but unless he gives a good reason to stay," She looked back to Mr. Trask, "then I'll be heading back to my suite."

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:58 pm

"Why Geraldine, you must be losing your memory." He says with a smile. "Your dear husband was rather generous with me. I'd say about $600,000 total." He pauses to smile. "But I wouldn't hope to leave. The door is locked, and the windows are sealed. You have nothing to fear of me, Geraldine. I've done my business with your family. But I can assure you that someone in this room will leave Josephine as a corpse. I don't mean to sound grim, but it's inevitable. You see, I've been the victim of a series of robberies. I've lost quite a large amount of money, as well as some dear family heirlooms. I bet your asking what this has to do with someone's death. Well, I believe that someone in this room has been plotting against me. Now, to be plain and simple, each and every one of you has been a victim of my extortion in some form or another. The robberies were all in locations that everyone here would have access to. So I naturally put two and two together. There are two possible outcomes to this. Perhaps this filthy robber will try and kill me tonight. Perhaps. But I belive that whoever did this couldn't have done it alone. So there are probably two people in this room that have been conspiring against me. I belive that one of these people will murder the other in an attempt to keep their actions as secret as they can be." He pauses. "Someone here will end up dead tomorrow. It may be me, or it may be one of you. Only time will tell." I'm sure no one wishes to confess. So, I'm sorry Captain, it looks like your going to have some bad publicity... Unless you've been conspiring against me!" He grabs Metger by his collar and pulls him out of his chair. "Have you Sam? It would be most unfortunate if you have!" He drops Metger back into his chair.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:31 pm

I could of sworn I've seen you before! Perhaps you were that waiter at that restaurant I've been to many times! Hmmmmmm....You don't look very Jesus-Friendly to me.

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:58 pm

"Uh, no." He says. "Don't tell me you've forgotten who I am too?"

Attention! Everyone needs to come up with a reason for why your character would have a "personal vendetta" against the crime lord, Mr. Walter Trask! You may either post it here or PM it to moi!

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:22 pm

The Russian merely glanced at Geraldine with a bland look before focusing on the man, with the life-vest still in hand. "Extortion? I'm sorry but how does one extort from a man who has nothing to his name?" Peters asked wearily after he had been silently studying the man.

Walter's mole makes me want to run through the Austin Powers 'MOLE-Y!' skit again.