Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

princeazure33

Post by princeazure33 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:08 pm

me2! i never realized that its the same girl from ghost ship! WOW :shock:
cool

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:43 pm

And another thing, about "look at the illustrations": Not all movie versions of things stick to illustrations. The harry potter books talk abouyt Hermione having bushy hair and buck teeth. The first film had a bush on her head, but the next two had nice styled hair and she has never had buck teeth.

Did people complain when A. Perkins played Norman in Psycho b/c he wasn't like the book's Norman? No.

If you are expecting a film to be as good as a book, then you have impossible expectations. Jaws was one onf the best books I had ever read, and I ended up not liking the movie as much b/c the book was more graphic.

Who cares if he is taller? WHO? Size doesn't matter!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:50 pm

Let's just forget this argument

complaining about klaus' size is clueboy's own opinion, hey I would agree with him because I picture klaus as a 12 year old boy with neatly black combed hair and glasses :roll:

I really see no point in complaning about someones criticizm, because if you are complaining that clueboy is complaining about klaus' size thenwell you know, just calm down abit :roll:

I not tring to take sides, I merely telling the truth

btw I have an opinion of my own,

I think Emily as Violet looks better than the book's depiction of Violet :D

princeazure33

Post by princeazure33 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:12 pm

why r u guys arguing so much over this? i love the books and the movie looks good but its just books and a movie! they have chosen their casting, and thats it! and the movie dont even come out until dec. 19, so how can u just cricitze a movie just from its preview, when i saw the preview for confessions of a teen drama queen, it looked sucky, but i tried renting it, and it was pretty good, so lighten up! :roll:
and im with cluedokid25, this is no big deal,

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:32 pm

ok PHYSCO you don't have to swear at me, that was uncalled for and i hope you get kicked off for this because i'm reporting it to micheal. Roll your eyes at that why don't ya.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:34 pm

whos PHYSCO??

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:36 pm

Little "Mrs. P"

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:58 pm

Administrator's Note:

First of all, let me say Thank You, AlwaysPeacock, for finding a word that I had forgotten to program these boards to censor. I've taken care of that. Second, let me point out that debate is good. I used to (and to a point still do) read disboards.com nearly everyday. They used to have a whole section reserved for debate, but had to take it down due to how nasty the boards became. I don't want that to happen here. I would like to encourage debate in so far as everybody can remain civil. It is very easy on these boards for people to take comments very seriously when discussing topics they are passionate about. I don't want to have to lock or erase this topic or ban people because of the comments made.

So Play Nice Everybody...

-Michael
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:43 pm

Michael wrote:Administrator's Note:

First of all, let me say Thank You, AlwaysPeacock, for finding a word that I had forgotten to program these boards to censor.
You're welcome.

I think.

I really don't care if I get bleeped, as long as people don't call me "PSYCHO" because I voiced an opinion.

Vivianne Scarlet

Series of Unfortunate Events

Post by Vivianne Scarlet » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:37 pm

Michael, I'm a new user to these forums. I was reading this topic and I see you have sided with the e-n-e-m-y. How could you be on "always Peacock's" side. He is disgracing the name of Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire. He is also being very mean to others. "Alway Peacock" should at least be consequenced in some way. Mrs. P. would not approve. I am just saying that this "Always Peacock" is wrong. Violet should be taller than Klaus and that is it. There is no doubt about it. I do not get how one could think that these actors are good. Even though "Always Peacock" thinks this, I shall respect it but hate this opinion. This is all lies and deception. Thank you for your time.

V.S.

Cluedokid25(25)

Post by Cluedokid25(25) » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:45 pm

no ones an enemy on the forums :?

and It is quite dumb of you to say that

Michael
Mastermind

Re: Series of Unfortunate Events

Post by Michael » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:47 pm

Vivianne Scarlet wrote:Michael, I'm a new user to these forums. I was reading this topic and I see you have sided with the e-n-e-m-y. How could you be on "always Peacock's" side. He is disgracing the name of Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire. He is also being very mean to others. "Alway Peacock" should at least be consequenced in some way. Mrs. P. would not approve. I am just saying that this "Always Peacock" is wrong. Violet should be taller than Klaus and that is it. There is no doubt about it. I do not get how one could think that these actors are good. Even though "Always Peacock" thinks this, I shall respect it but hate this opinion. This is all lies and deception. Thank you for your time.

V.S.
I am not siding with anyone. (I can't even follow this conversation...) But just to play Devil's advocate, why should Violet be taller than Klaus (and dare I wonder why it matters?). Actually, I think that unless the author and illustrator are one in the same, it is really up to the writer to decide. And if the writer did not cite this information specifically then it is up to the reader to interpret. So everybody could be right in that sense.

-Michael

V.S.

The Series of Unfortunate Events

Post by V.S. » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:51 pm

Dear detectives,
I just wanted to tell you how I am a new member on the forums! I love Clue! It is great! Just today I went under the miscellaneous file and I saw The Series of Unfortuante Events file. I love those books. I didn't think anybody else liked them. I read through it thoroughly and I saw a great debate going. I decided to contribute some substancial evidence that could help people out. Then one of the detectives called me dumb! By reading the rest of the file, I found out that is very rude to offend people. I think this problem is the same. It seems that this debate is getting a little too far. I contributed one remark. That remark was the first one. What do I get in return? Someone calls me dumb! I get very good grades in school! He should know that! You might just lose a clue member! Please correct this problem! I heard you are a nice person, Michael and you know what to do! I just wanted to help and somebody insulted me. Thank you some much Cluekid25!

With deadly love,
V.S.

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Re: Series of Unfortunate Events

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:14 pm

Vivianne Scarlet wrote:Michael, I'm a new user to these forums. I was reading this topic and I see you have sided with the e-n-e-m-y. How could you be on "always Peacock's" side. He is disgracing the name of Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire. He is also being very mean to others. "Alway Peacock" should at least be consequenced in some way. Mrs. P. would not approve. I am just saying that this "Always Peacock" is wrong. Violet should be taller than Klaus and that is it. There is no doubt about it. I do not get how one could think that these actors are good. Even though "Always Peacock" thinks this, I shall respect it but hate this opinion. This is all lies and deception. Thank you for your time.

V.S.

This has gone too far. I'm getting ******. How have I been mean? By telling him to settle down b/c he was overreacting to something not as important as a dropped plot element? Please! As a new member you are stepping out of line by calling people the "e-n-e-m-y" as you have not been here long enough to be a fair judge of that. Meryl Streep is a good actress, why else would she have so many Academy Award nominations? Jim Carey is iffy, but as I watch a film that he is in his style grows on me and I get used to it. Just b/c I feel that it is of little impotance that Klaus s taller than Violet is no reason to call me the enemy.

Oh, V.S., Cluedokid25(25) did not call you dumb, but called your statement dumb. If you are going to complain about someone calling you dumb, complain about me.

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:16 pm

goodness, so much controversey over my topic, to me i feel that character hights/appences are importaint in movies. If this is not the case with others thats fine as always peacock would say settle down

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:21 pm

I do agree that appearances are important. Example: if the Baudelaire kids were Asian I'd have a problem b/c the books don't depict any asian characters. But if a character is not as tall as the ILLUSTRATOR portrays them, then I'm okay. Like Michael said, it all depends on wheather or not the AUTHOR actually stated a specific on a character's height. Older doesn't always mean taller, you know.

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:23 pm

by the way, why isn't ****** bleeped?

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:24 pm

ok you know whatever you obviously have problems, i'd seek therapy if i were you (thankfully i'm not) :roll:

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:33 pm

alwaysPeacock wrote:by the way, why isn't ****** bleeped?
thanks again

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:40 pm

Just what sort of problems do I have? Are you saying I have problems b/c I inquired as to why a certain word isn't censored like other sometimes-offensife words? Get over yourself! You obviously have some sort of problems too if you have to gripe about a boy being taller than a girl! I couldn't care less if Klaus was taller than Violet! Now if Sunny was taller, I'd have a problem believing her to be a young baby, but you can't be too picky when you need a baby to sit ther, bite things, and make strange sounds b/c that is what all babies do.

Now, I have been called "psycho, the enemy, and have been told I have problems" all under 24 hours! There is something wrong here.

By the way, I am already seeing a therapist to help settle some of my anger management problems, and this goddamn message board is not helping! I came here looking for other Clue fanatics. And I found them. Lots of them. But i also found some real creeps, too, and have been insulted THREE TIMES IN LESS THAN ONE 24 HOUR PERIOD!!! THAT IS NOT F--ING RIGHT!!

Now, as you can see I am wasting my parents' money by speaking to any of the people here. But, before I go on vacation, I would like those who don't find me psycho or the enemy to send me a message saying so. I'll be back in a week.

Goodbye, adios, see ya', etc.