Series of Unfortunite Events

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

ClueBoy12
Informant

Series of Unfortunite Events

Post by ClueBoy12 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:17 am

Has anyone read the series of unfortuniate events books by lemony snicket, I LOVE those books, there awsome, you may have seen the commercial for the movie coming out December 19, I can't wait, i'm going to try and go to a midnight showing!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:45 pm

I'm still trying to get through the fifth Harry Potter book. I just haven't been able to put the series down since I started a couple weeks ago. I'll probably give this series a shot next. I'm just afraid, though, that when I start, I won't be able to stop and will be reading them forever. Aren't there a whole lot of those books?

-Michael
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:46 am

theres ten so far but there only like 200 pages a peice and there will eventuall when the series is over be 13 (an unluckly #!)

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:27 pm

I've recently seen the movie Previews and the movie looks interesting. I am not generally a fan of Jim Carrey, though.

I still haven't had a chance to pick up any of the books, though. They seem kind of pricey for being so short - and I don't want to get it unless I'm sure it will be worth my while. Maybe I'll see the movie first - that's how I started reading Harry Potter.

-Michael
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:14 am

NOOO!!!!!!!!!!! the movie is going to be horrible, the casting makes me want to puke, you know what i just realized, i just saw the kid who's going to play klaus and realized that he's the kid from stepmom (one of my fav. movies)

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:00 pm

I think it looks good. I liked what I saw on Oprah and can't wait to see it. Why judge a film just by who's in it?

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:36 am

HAVE YOU READ THE BOOKS?????? HAVE YOU READ THE BOOKS??????? HAVE YOU READ THE BOOKS? if you have read the books and are an actual fan you would know why real fans are upset at the casting!

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:07 pm

i have read the books, not all of them but through #7. I haven't had the time to read them due to a demanding schedule from my school, but I'm putting the next three on my Christmas list.

The only thing I see wrong with the movie is combining the first three into one film. If that had been done with Harry Potter, the movies would suck. I happen to like Jim Carey and Meryl Streep, and think that they will both do fine in the roles they were presented with. Carey is not my favorite actor, and Olaf may come off too goofy, but I have never considered the books to be really dark. It's more dark humor, like Clue was mostly slapstick and dry humor instead of over-the-top goofy or deadly dull classic mystery style.

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:31 pm

FLAMES FROM THE SIDE OF MY FACE HEAVING HEAVING BREATHES FLAMES JIM CARRY IS GOING TO BE HORRIBLE IT IS DARK HUMOR NOT GIGGLY YIPPPIE YEY HUMOR HE'S GOING TO BE EL TERRIBLE!

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:27 pm

Settle down, turn off the caps lock, and give the film a try. I though I wouldn't like Titanic...and I was right, but I still gave it a try.

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:09 pm

i didn't say i wasn't going to give it a chance all right, i'm a HUGE fan of the books, i am naturally going to see the movie, and don't TELL ME TO SETTLE DOWN, OK? :twisted:

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:23 pm

come on, Emiliy Browning is a good actress, I like her in Ghost Ship

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:58 pm

omg i didn't realize that was her! i also noticed klaus is the kid from the movie stepmom, i'm not saying she was bad i'm saying jim carry is bad, but its cheap that klaus is taller than her :(

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:01 pm

she played the ghost girl

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:00 pm

yeah, i know but i didn't realize that till you said from ghost ship then i was like OMG! lol :lol:

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:15 am

you're angry b/c Klaus is taller than Violet?

:roll:

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:20 pm

DUH! you obviously have not read the books or were on crack when reading them, klaus is supposed to be "a little older than 12" ~exact quote from 1st book. And violet is supposed to be 14, so yes it is quite nervewrecking when klaus is taller than violet, even look at the illistations he's her little brother. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:27 pm

I always caled Klaus mini-Prof. Plum, and now this....

I also don't like the fact that Jim Carrey is going to turn this into a comedey :roll:

I saw the trailier and liked the first bit, but it went down hill a Jims part... :roll:

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:40 pm

Preaching to the choir!

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:55 pm

ClueBoy12 wrote:DUH! you obviously have not read the books or were on crack when reading them, klaus is supposed to be "a little older than 12" ~exact quote from 1st book. And violet is supposed to be 14, so yes it is quite nervewrecking when klaus is taller than violet, even look at the illistations he's her little brother. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I just don't see why it is such a big deal that he is a little taller than her. Yes, in the books Violet is the tallest and oldest, but her height really doesn't matter. I know he is her little brother, but I have friends that are older than me but at the same time shorter. I know a 15 year old who is only 4 feet tall. Look at the Harry potter films. Ron is supposed to be tall and gangly, according to the books. Well, he was taller in the first film, but now he and Dan Radcliffe are about the same height. Are you going to ***** about that too?