The Big Election! :0

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

If you lived in Canada, who would you vote for?

Liberals
25%
Conservatives
25%
NDPS
25%
Bloq
No votes
Green
25%

Total votes: 4

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

The Big Election! :0

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:14 pm

Usually this is held in the summer when everyone is ready to vote. Unusually it is now held this time in Winter.

After being in the office for a long time, the Liberals are facing another election. Paul MArtin is our current PM and the question is is if he will be back in the office??? Or will he back out like a true Liberal? My veridict: Nimrod.

It would be worse if somehow Conservative leader Stephen Harper got to be PM! :evil: Canadians getting HArper as PM is like Americans voteing Bush. Its dangerous and they both would leave a bad taste in someones mouth. Seriously though, the first thing Harper would have on his agenda would be to ban gay marraige. An issue that shouldnt even be an issue. Nobody is asking him to be gay!!! :evil: Verdict: Nimrod covered in horsepuckey.

Sadly the New Democratic Party (NDP's) dosnt stand much of chance aganst Liberals and the Tories. Jack LAyton sounds very promising. Lucky our mayor of Toronto is NDP :D Verdict: IN my dreams!

Quebec has their own goverement the Quebecois Bloq Partie. Verdict: Bonne chance mon aimee :wink:

The Green Party sounds good if they actually had a good chance of winning

Verdict: When the sun revolves around the earth is when The Greens are in the House of Commons!

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

Post by Colonel Gray Poopond » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:30 pm

Does the govenor-general or the prime minister have a more important job/role? :?
All you need is love!

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

Post by Colonel Gray Poopond » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:23 pm

WELL
All you need is love!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:57 pm

The Prime Minister

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:57 pm

ewwww who voted Conservatives? :roll:

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:00 pm

Can you think of anyone who's a conservative here? Perhaps a right wing one?
My guess is Jay Beeskow
Last edited by PrinceAzure33 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:02 pm

i didn't vote, because frankly, i couldn't care any less. But i really think you all need to calm down the whole politics thing
PrinceAzure33 wrote:the ***** annoying conservative
^^^that, was uncalled for, i think everyone is subject to their own opinion and political status.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:04 pm

And your opinion is to care less :)

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:06 pm

HA, good one
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:06 pm

exactly, but i do care about people bad talking others.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:07 pm

I edited it, I shouldn't have said it, I was in a bad mood, and you were right, though.

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

Post by Colonel Gray Poopond » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:25 pm

Cluedokid25 wrote:The Prime Minister
Oh, okay.
All you need is love!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:25 pm

NONONONO!! :cry: From the looks of it, Harper is winning! NOOOOOOO!!! I swear he's going to seriously Americanize Canada! we'll lose our identity! All that jerk cares about is banning gay marrige! How could people like that monster! Is been placing Propoganda in the TV everywhere! I can't bear to see him as PM!!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:25 pm

I guess I dont understand Conservative thinking.

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:51 pm

I am against everyone who is against gay equality. Gays are the new left-handed.

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Conservatives

Post by Lord Caspen » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:54 pm

Cluedokid,

Conservative thinking, like liberal thinking, reflects a broad range of attitudes on a wide array of issues.

My ideological problems with each side are as follow:

Liberal ideology tends to the belief that anything I have can be seized at any time for the benefit of someone else -- we see this in the notion of eminent domain and a constant slew of public dole programs whereby taxes are levied to pay for someone else's livelihood. Are such programs feasible? Certainly so, in the short term, but the long-term viability is more nebulous -- instance Social Security and Medicare. Are they necessary? Unproved, since un-socialized capitalism never had enough time to whittle out abuses on its own. Are they humane? Questionable, considering this is a question, at least in part, of people living on what they haven't earned, and are thereby forced into a position of survival by degradation. The abandon of principle to survive is reasonable only short of the point where a person no longer lives by his own labor, because then he comes to believe he cannot live by his own labor. Certainly this is not a universal principle, in that there are many people who have, by labor, benefited from the step up, what is sometimes referred to as "levelling the playing field." Also, all other things equal, we should certainly be poorer in some technological, medical, social, cultural, or even fiscal ways were it not for public programs like education assistance, but are these benefits necessarily outweighed by what might have been accomplished by other persons were everyone's economy unhampered by invasive government? None can say. Such redistribution necessarily hinders some, to the benefit of others -- there are some public benefits, but it is impossible to say these same could not have been achieved under purer capitalism.

On the other hand, conservatives, at least in the U.S., tend to want to give big businesses big blank checks to do with natural resources and the sanctity of nature as they wish to turn a profit -- in the interest of private property -- and then to turn around and deny what they call sodomy and all drug use -- on the notion that they know what's best for us. Pure hypocrisy aside, each facet presents problems in of itself. While it is arguable that, in time, irresponsible companies would be weeded out by a thoughtful consuming public, there is nothing at all to suggest that our water tables, air, and ground would not all be thoroughly toxic before consumer dollars made that kind of impact. Religious freedom is fine, but the same laws which should protect your right to call me a heathen and sodomite should protect me to be just that and take pride in same.
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:42 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!! My dad did a family serch, IM distant cousins with the man I oh so hate, STEPHEN HARPER!!!! NOOOOOOOOO! :cry:

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:28 pm

:lol:
Sucks for you.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:11 pm

I never would of even thought I would be related to that *******! were still not voting him though!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:27 pm

I just hope he dosnt get a majority goverment.