Finally back to writing!

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:00 am

Keeping up with the weekly posting! This one comes a bit short at around 5,400 words, but there is plenty of meat to enjoy.

Episode 15 - "We Must Begin Again Part 3

AsocialDude
Suspect

Re: Finally back to writing!

Post by AsocialDude » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:33 pm

I haven't read the episodes but your art work is amazing.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:13 pm

AsocialDude wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:33 pm
I haven't read the episodes but your art work is amazing.
Thank you so much! I'm very grateful to have CluedoKid (Matt) illustrating the series. It really helps bring the characters to life.

---

Sorry for not posting this week. I was doing fairly well keeping the rhythm going, but I had a little too much going on between work, music, and family drama. Sadly I didn't finish the Episode on time and the weekdays aren't the best for alone time. It is nearly finished and WILL be posted on or before Saturday. In fact, let's see if I can do a double feature on Saturday. ;) I'll have plenty of me time.

In the Meantime, here's a teaser for the upcoming 4 Parter

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:59 pm

A bit late, but here it is! Enjoy the harsh changes and icky situations in Episode 16. It's a little over 7,300 words, which makes it officially my longest episode! Woohoo!

Episode 16 - "We Must Begin Again Part 4

Already getting a jumpstart on Episode 17. Perhaps it will still come out today ;)

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:41 am

Episode 17 has been done for a little bit. I'm just sitting with it for a minute. I'm going to give it one final read-through/edit this morning before I post it.

All I'll say about it... It is always hard to say goodbye to a character that you enjoy writing for. There will be another X on that spoiler page. :(

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:15 pm

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:31 pm

So sorry! I hit another little hiatus. I'm currently learning an opera and have about 23 lovely italian songs (it's Rigoletto in case you're curious).

I will be working on the next Episode tomorrow and throughout the weekend. Hopefully it won't take that long to write, but I did leave the story hanging ( 8) ) suspensefully

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:13 am

I apologize for the lack of updates through the month of October. Episodes are to appear once a week again.

Episode 18 - "The Curtain Will Rise" Part 2 has FINALLY!!! been added. The curtain has begun its lift. What shall we see once it rises 8)

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:51 am

[insert generic "I'm busy" excuse cuz life be that way sometimes]

Home Page
Episode 19 - "The Curtain Will Rise" Part 3 has been added.

Bit of a tricky Episode to actually put down on paper, not nearly as tricky as next Episode though... it's a big one. I'm toying with revealing the murderer in 20 instead of 24. But I'm trying to restrain. :twisted:

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:05 am

A little teaser for Episode 20. It's a hefty one!

Depression worsens for one character, as another is faced with the consequences of their crimes from years ago. Two acquaintances leave together as friends, while one unlucky soul bleeds out helplessly.

The Murderer will not be revealed until Episode 23's Cliffhanger. The Resolution and Season 2 Epilogue/Season 3 Prologue will take place during Episode 24. :)

Though most of you guys should have it figured out by now, or definitely will by the OBVIOUS Clues I scatter throughout the final 4 Episodes leading up to the reveal.

Some criticism I have received and am more than happy to address in Season 3 -- The mystery will be easier to follow in terms of clues (who is where, what weapon is in their scene, where that weapon ends up, and all of that) I was a bit sloppy in Season 1, I'll admit. The story for Season 1 has been swimming in my head for about 3 years and every time I've put it on paper, it has come out different (hitting the same main plot points, of course) and I may have painted a bleaker story than intended, but hey, it's Clue. At it's best, Season 1 and 2 are mainly there to set up an equally divided story for a murder-mystery/drama with an ensemble cast.

As always, thanks for reading! This is a lot of fun to write! I love reading your PMs, speculations, grammar points ( :oops: ), and of course the messages to CluedoKid for his brilliant artwork!! AND I CAN FINALLY ANNOUNCE that there is going to be a HUGE renovation of new artwork fully colored by him. Currently, the artwork is line drawings by him with my digital coloring. Soon we will have about 80 New Story Icons fully illustrated by CluedoKid! I'm very excited to see the life he continues to breathe into these stories!

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:48 am

Moving right along!

Home Page
Episode 20- "The Curtain Will Rise" Part 4 has been added.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:41 am

As I write the next 4 parts (21 is almost finished) I wanted to share that the website will be undergoing an artistic renovation!

Here is a preview of the new character art provided by CluedoKid!

PrinceAlarming
Spy

Post by PrinceAlarming » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:59 pm

Wow, I've definitely got to check this out

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:04 pm

Thank you, PrinceAlarming. Updates are coming soon, I promise!

In the meantime, here is an excerpt from the next Episode as well as a preview of the new artwork provided by CluedKid (Matt)
In a creme colored car driven by Miss Dove, Nurse Silver sits in the passenger seat with an emotionless expression on her face. Fivel is in the back seat looking out the window as they drive.

“I wanted to thank you again for letting me spend some time with Fivel the other day,” Miss Dove says, “And thank you for getting Benedict and the others to agree to let me come tonight.”

“The new investigator wanted to pick up where Brown left off when he went crazy,” Nurse Silver replies, “Your attendance was mandatory.”

“Still,” Miss Dove sighs, “Thank you.”

“It’s not going to work, Brenda,” Nurse Silver watches as the pull onto the long country road nearing the forest-covered hilltop Blackwell Grange is build upon.

“What?” Miss Dove asks, “I’m just thanking you.”

“You aren’t going to be forgiven by just saying 'I’m Sorry' and 'Thank You' every five minutes,” Nurse Silver snaps.

“Don’t fight!” Fivel speaks from the backseat, “Please?”

“I’m sorry, darling,” Miss Dove says.

“Don’t call him that,” Nurse Silver mumbles under her breath, “We should have driven with Benedict and the others. I only agreed to have us go together because Fivel was so excited over the idea. But you are insufferable...”

“Can’t we just be civil for the rest of the drive up to Blackwell Grange?” Miss Dove says.

“I’ll try my best,” Nurse Silver narrows her eyes.

“We’re almost there,” Fivel watches as the car slows down to turn onto the gravel driveway, “Careful driving up the mountain this time.”

Miss Brenda Dove and Fivel

Home Page

PrinceAlarming
Spy

Post by PrinceAlarming » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 pm

I started Episode 1 last night right when I needed to go to bed. I'm going to continue reading it right now to see how each character is fleshed out. I'm thinking of writing my own Clue fanfiction: Taking the story of And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie and using the Clue characters as the replacement cast. I'll probably call it Ten Little Suspects. But first, I need to at least finish Episode 1 of your story and probably a few more episodes tonight. I also like that you collaborated with ClueKid, having the artwork along with the story helps to visualize each character as you intend them to be rather than just picturing actors who have played the characters in the past.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:42 am

PrinceAlarming wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 pm
I'm thinking of writing my own Clue fanfiction: Taking the story of And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie and using the Clue characters as the replacement cast. I'll probably call it Ten Little Suspects.
You're really going to like the story I have in mind for Season 4. It will take place at a snowy mountain chateau with a dangerous group of suspects and a murderer picking them off one by one. :twisted:

Episode 21 will be posted either Friday or Saturday. In the meantime, another teaser :D

PrinceAlarming
Spy

Post by PrinceAlarming » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:53 pm

I read Episode 1 yesterday then started working on my story. I’m off work tomorrow so I’ll have time to read more episodes.

Warnermum
Suspect

Finally back to writing

Post by Warnermum » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:02 pm

After a 2 month long hiatus im back, ill porbably revamp some of my craft submissions, but thats to see.

Jonathan Green
Junior Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:11 pm

Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:19 pm

I've added the fanart to the Link page with proper credit. Thank you so much! It brings a smile to my face every time I see it!

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. I'm writing here and there when I get the chance. I got snowed in today, so I should get a big hunk of 21-24 done.

In the meantime, there is a new preview of Episode 21 on the main page of the website and a disclaimer about my current busy schedule. Once I'm finished singing Rigoletto in February, I'll have nothing but time to write and money to throw towards illustrations ;)

Here's the MD cast as payment for my absence