A New Mystery: "Family Reunion": Solved!

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

CluedoAuthor12
Master Detective

A New Mystery: "Family Reunion": Solved!

Post by CluedoAuthor12 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:46 pm

Hello everyone!

I have new TV-style case game that I'd like to share; would anybody be interested in playing?

Here are some preliminary details:

"Family Reunion"

Mrs. Peacock hosts the Peacock side of the family for the annual summer family reunion at the Grange, featuring old faces and a few family friends. But when a cousin-turned media mogul ends up dead, everyone is under suspicion.

Suspects:

Mrs. Liz Peacock: The proud owner of Arlington Grange and a well-known town socialite and public figure with some very high-up connections

Miss Josephine Scarlet: Step-daughter of Mrs. Peacock

Professor Peter Plum: Family friend and local community college professor

Miss Magnolia Peach: Southern second-cousin of Mrs. Peacock who makes frequent visits to Arlington

Honey Stevens: Local TV personality and morning show host; family friend and confidant to Miss Scarlet

Dr. Don Sugarsweet: TV self-help show host and friend of Mrs. Peacock and Professor Plum; another Arlington regular

Weapons:

Was it the candlestick, a pink necktie, this croquet mallet, some rat poison, an innocent looking paperweight, or was it this broadcasting trophy?

Locations:

Did the murder take place in the kitchen, the dining room, the study, the drawing room, the garden, or the library?
Last edited by CluedoAuthor12 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:46 am

Would love to! 8)

TheBilliardRoom
Detective

Post by TheBilliardRoom » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:25 am

I'll give it a try :)

cluedoking123
Senior Detective
Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

Post by cluedoking123 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:23 pm

OMG! We haven't done one of these in so long! Count me in! :D
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!

CluedoAuthor12
Master Detective

Post by CluedoAuthor12 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:09 pm

"Family Reunion�

The Garden, 12:30 PM

It was a beautiful Summer day. Peacocks of all generations strolled the grounds of Arlington Grange, chattering in small groups and carrying plates of snacks and party foods. Games and other activities had been set up around the grounds for the younger family members while the older folks went on about days gone by.

“Great party, Liz!� Miss Peach said, munching on a mini meatball.
“I know!� Mrs. Peacock responded with a smile, “I always look forward to hosting the reunion each year. Except those little monsters keep knocking croquet balls into my flower beds..� She knelt down and picked up a croquet mallet from the lawn. “And they scatter the equipment everywhere.� She sighed.
“Come on now,� Miss Peach giggled, “It’s only once a year!"

As Mrs. Peacock smiled and nodded, a dark blue car zoomed up the circle drive and screeched to a halt in front of the house. A showy-looking man in a blue blazer parked, then emerged from the vehicle, carrying with him a large suitcase. The crowd of guests all turned to look. “Heyo family, it’s me!�

“Parker…� Mrs. Peacock muttered through clenched teeth, handing the mallet to Miss Peach and then approaching the man. “You’re just in time. And by that I mean you’re hours late..�

He scoffed at her and gave her a hug. “Nonsense, cousin dear. Busy at the TV station, ya know! Be a dear and take this inside for me, would ya?� He handed her the suitcase. Taking it from him, she nearly dropped it on the ground, surprised by the tremendous weight.

“Ughh- good to see you packed all of your boulders!� she said sarcastically, stomping up the driveway and into the house.

The Drawing Room, 12:45 PM

Still more family members were mingling in the Drawing Room. Dr. Don Sugarsweet and Honey talked amongst themselves. “Funny Liz invited us to this thing. We’re not even family members. But I’m not one to pass up a free lunch buffet.� He nervously tugged on his bright pink necktie. Social anxiety was beginning to set in.

Honey shrugged, popping a grape into her mouth. “Oh please. We’re here all the time anyway. Besides, Josie asked me here for.. moral support.�

Dr. Sugarsweet looked puzzled, “And why is that?�

“Seems there’s a cousin here that’s been giving her trouble and she wanted a shoulder to lean on. So here I am! Best friend of the year award goes to: me!�

Just then, Mrs. Peacock came in, hurriedly pushing past Peacocks with the giant suitcase slipping from her grip. “Excuse me, pardon me. So sorry my dear. Excuse me!�

“Liz!� the doctor laughed, “Who died and made you the bellboy?�

She dropped the suitcase to the ground in a huff. Out fell a trophy in the shape of a microphone, hitting the floor with a thud. “My thoughts exactly!� She cried.

Honey knelt down, picked up the trophy, and read the inscription aloud. “‘For excellence in tv journalism and broadcasting’.. I didn’t realize Walter Cronkite was a relative…�

Sugarsweet snatched it from her and caressed it enviously. “What on earth? Elizabeth, just what is the meaning of this?�

She sighed, “It’s my cousin, Parker Azure. I agreed to let him stay the night. He’s..�

“Your relative??� the doctor interrupted. “Well of course I know him! I know him all too well! But I wouldn’t have imagined in a million years you all were related…� He held the trophy up to the light coming in from the large bay window overlooking the garden and gazed at it longingly.

“Parker..?� Honey quietly mumbled to herself.

“Yes.� Mrs. Peacock said, grabbing the trophy from the entranced doctor and stuffing it into the suitcase. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to find a place to stash this darn thing.� With that, she shuffled off.

The Kitchen, 1:00 PM

Miss Peach had just poured herself a glass of water when Parker Azure strolled into the Kitchen through the back door. “Fun party, huh?� He smiled. She ignored him. “Aww, come on. Still holding a grudge?�

“Grudge??� she shot back. “How could I not? You humiliated me at the last family reunion..�

He rolled his eyes, leaning nonchalantly on the counter. “Oh puh-leeze. It was a harmless practical joke. You walked right into it!�

“Well announcing to the entire Peacock side of the family that I had that messy break-up certainly wasn’t anything that I could’ve anticipated you would do!�

“Pff.� He scoffed. “You really know me well at all then! You’re just another dumb broad. Runs in the family.� He laughed and left the Kitchen.

Defeated, she crossed her arms and stormed back outside to rejoin the party.

The Library, 1:20 PM

SLAM
“Got it!� Professor Plum said proudly, having just smashed an ant with a large paperweight.

“God, Pete.� Miss Scarlet sighed, snatching the paperweight from him, “Do you really have to do that?"

“Sorry,� he said sheepishly. “That one caught my eye. I haven’t finished laying out the rest of the poison traps yet.�

Miss Scarlet picked up the poison box from the ground, “You idiot- this is rat poison, not ant poison! You know Liz wanted you to get rid of the ants in this room!�

He grabbed the box from her, “I know that! But you were all out. So I figured it would be just as handy to use this for the time being. Poison is poison.�

Miss Scarlet gave him a look of disapproval and slumped into an armchair. “This is the last thing I need today.�

“Why’s that?� Plum asked. “Shouldn’t you be enjoying the party?�

She turned to look at him as he worked, “I can’t. For some reason Liz agreed to let Parker stay the night. And we all know he’s nothing but trouble.�

Plum whirled around. "Parker Azure, the TV guy? I had no idea he was a relation. He put the kibosh on the TV special I did with Don for his self-help show. Cost Don the local broadcasting award and got me a *beep* of a lot of bad publicity. Almost lost my job.�

“Sounds about right.� said Scarlet. “After he got my father fired from the TV station, I never forgave him. Now I can’t stand the sight of him.

“Makes sense.� Plum nodded, “Well as long as he’s here.. I may have to have a word with him…�

Miss Scarlet got up to leave. “And that reminds me. I have to talk to Honey.�

The Dining Room, 1:35 PM

“This is a lot more than I can handle right now, Josie.� Honey said, taking a seat at the oak dining table, flanked at both ends by heavy silver candlesticks.

She put a friendly hand on her shoulder, “I know. But that’s why we’re here for each other! For support and consultation.�

“I guess so,� she sighed. “I just wish there was something we could do.�

“Don’t worry,� Miss Scarlet said assuredly, “I’m sure if we put our heads together, we’ll think of something.�

The Study, 2:00 PM

“Look, Parker, dear. You’re causing nothing but trouble.� Mrs. Peacock said sternly to the young man.

“Aww Liz, come on- you’re no fun!� He slumped into a desk chair and began to flip through the files on her desk.

“I know I’m not! But you leave me no choice!� she snapped back, “Believe me, the last thing I need right now is to be lecturing you on how to properly behave rather than going out and mingling with my guests and enjoying myself!�

Parker got up from the chair and look her straight in the face, their noses nearly touching. “You wanna get me to 'behave?' Make me.� With that, he stormed out.

Mrs. Peacock was furious. From down the hall, she could hear him yell, “Now where’s my **** suitcase?� A smile crept across her face. Let him search for it, she thought. That’ll teach him a lesson.

The Front Circle Drive, 2:30 PM

Mrs. Peacock and Miss Scarlet waved as a couple of cars full of family members drove off.
“Shame that little punk is still here.� Miss Scarlet said dryly, motioning to Parker’s car parked in the driveway.

“Yes, a shame.� Mrs. Peacock said.

Just then, a yell was heard. “Josie! Liz!� Honey cried, running up to them. “Parker’s dead! I think somebody killed him!"
Last edited by CluedoAuthor12 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CluedoAuthor12
Master Detective

Post by CluedoAuthor12 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:11 pm

Parker is dead! It's up to you, the players, to discover who killed him, where, and with what weapon.

In round 1, three questions must be asked of (and subsequently answered by) any of the suspects by each player before a deduction is made.

Feel free to also share your "gut feeling" instincts for the murder, weapon, and location prior to your questions, too! :)

Good luck!

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:18 pm

Dr Sugarsweet, could you explain your whereabouts after your meeting with Honey and Peacock?

CluedoAuthor12
Master Detective

Post by CluedoAuthor12 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:52 pm

BBP wrote:Dr Sugarsweet, could you explain your whereabouts after your meeting with Honey and Peacock?
"Well after being in the Drawing Room, I went outside to mingle in the Garden for a while, then I decided to go in and have a word with Liz, so I went to the Study. The door was closed but I happened to overhear her talking to Parker, so being a person of delicate sensibility I left that all alone and went back outside straight away."

TheBilliardRoom
Detective

Post by TheBilliardRoom » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:39 am

Miss Peach, what did you do with the croquet mallet?

CluedoAuthor12
Master Detective

Post by CluedoAuthor12 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:53 am

TheBilliardRoom wrote:Miss Peach, what did you do with the croquet mallet?
"Hmm.. I'm quite sure I just left it in the Garden."

cluedoking123
Senior Detective

Post by cluedoking123 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:11 pm

Mrs. Peacock, what exactly did Parker do that caused you to lecture him in your study?
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!

CluedoAuthor12
Master Detective

Post by CluedoAuthor12 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:50 pm

cluedoking123 wrote:Mrs. Peacock, what exactly did Parker do that caused you to lecture him in your study?
"Well he's always been the loud-mouth of the family, but it didn't take long after talking to my guests to find out that he had been causing everybody nothing but grief, so being entirely fed up with the matter I felt compelled to give him a stern talking-to."

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:38 pm

Wait a sec... do I ask another question or do I suggest now?

CluedoAuthor12
Master Detective

Post by CluedoAuthor12 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:50 pm

BBP wrote:Wait a sec... do I ask another question or do I suggest now?
Well I actually anticipated everyone asking their three questions all at once, but you each get two more! It's three per-person of any of the suspects before the first deduction. Hope that clears things up!

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:59 pm

Okay:
Professor Plum: What did you do with the paperweight?

Mrs Peacock: where did you put the suitcase?

CluedoAuthor12
Master Detective

Post by CluedoAuthor12 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:23 pm

BBP wrote:Okay:
Professor Plum: What did you do with the paperweight?

Mrs Peacock: where did you put the suitcase?
"I put it down on the table in the Library, I don't know what happened to it after that."

"Well I'm glad you asked! While I was lugging that suitcase around I happened to pass through the Kitchen, and I dropped it again. Being completely fed up with Parker's antics I just kicked the silly thing under the kitchen table and decided to be done with it. I had far more important things to look after, especially my family and guests. Come to think of it, I really should have just buried the silly thing in the Garden. Now that would've been funny!"
Last edited by CluedoAuthor12 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CluedoAuthor12
Master Detective

Post by CluedoAuthor12 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:24 pm

BBP, you've now heard from three of the suspects and it's your turn to deduce!

CluedoKing and TheBilliardRoom, you each get two more questions each before your deductions.

Remember, we're trying to figure out who murdered Parker Azure, which weapon they used, and where the murder took place.

TheBilliardRoom
Detective

Post by TheBilliardRoom » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:32 pm

Miss Scarlet, did you and Honey come up with a plan while you were talking in the Dining Room?

Dr. Sugarsweet, did you take your necktie off at any point?

CluedoAuthor12
Master Detective

Post by CluedoAuthor12 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:40 pm

TheBilliardRoom wrote:Miss Scarlet, did you and Honey come up with a plan while you were talking in the Dining Room?

Dr. Sugarsweet, did you take your necktie off at any point?
"We decided to go ask Pete for some help in scaring him away."

"No, I didn't."

TheBilliardRoom, you may now make your first deduction of the game!

cluedoking123
Senior Detective

Post by cluedoking123 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:12 am

Miss Scarlet, did you and Honey look for the professor together or did you split up?

Prof Plum, did you ever talk to Parker?
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!