Clue: The Murderer

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

coinilius
Junior Detective

Re: Clue: The Murderer

Post by coinilius » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:51 am

The lounge is looking good!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:51 pm

Just a suggestion. Because the game has a very large suspect list. Could there be a rule variant that has a Random Murder Victim? Something like Munitzer's Blueprint game and Murder at Sea

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:06 pm

I won't reveal too much over game play, to keep it secretive, I do have a mechanism in place that addresses this somewhat, but doesn't kill the main suspects, not immediately.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:01 am

CluedoKid wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:06 pm
not immediately.
:twisted:

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:13 pm

A roster of the suspects pawn concepts

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:28 pm

Love those designs!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:12 am

They look fantastic, with so many suspects, it's kind of hard to decide who to play as first

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:42 pm

Out of interest because some are harder to tell than others, which suspects are servants to the mansion?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Right now, the servants I have are designated as follows.

Mrs. White - the housekeeper
Madame Puce - the cook
Mr. Ashe - the butler
Sr. Crema - pantry footman
Mlle. Carbon - bedroom maid
Sr. Cereza - chauffeur
Rusty - groundskeeper
Cedro - florist & poolboy
Herr Umber - mantainance
Mr. Clay- fitness instructor & masseur

Also

Nurse Bluebell - nanny to Master Navy
Dr. Mandarino is the house physician, while
Dr. Olive attends specially to the servants
Captain Brown pilot's Dr. Black's yacht
Professor Plum is secretary to Dr. Black

Some other roles;

Admiral Aqua is Prince Azure's associate and informal bodyguard
Madam Chartreuse manage's the village saloon
Mr. Flaxseed is a high-end tailor designing styles for Mr. Boddy's ball
Marquess Pervenche is chaperoning the Princess Emerald
Mother Drab is Reverend Green's superior
Mr. Slate-Gray is Miss Scarlet's assistant from the observatory and distantly related to Sgt. Gray, though neither know this.
Aunt Burgundy is Mr. Boddy's aunt, and Master Navy is his nephew; Navy is not Burgundy's son, she's his godmother.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:32 pm

Funny seeing a Professor as secratary to a Doctor. Then again, Plum has been an Architect/Estate Manager in the TV Series not to mention that he maybe a penniless professor so anything is possible.

The french for Carbon is Carbone (with the accent above the e)

Anyway, just an eticate idea, the reason I ask is because of the male servants. Instead of having their titles of Mr. or Sr. Have something along the lines of:
Ashe, The Butler
Crema, The Footman
Cereza, The Chauffeur (providing they fit on a card)
The male servants aren't addressed by title (only by co-workers) - I don't know how that would apply with Clay and Umber tbh

Just silly little idea I had

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:51 pm

Thanks for providing a run down on all of the character titles, it certainly expands on the Boddy/Black entourage!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:07 pm

Black wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:32 pm

Anyway, just an eticate idea, the reason I ask is because of the male servants. Instead of having their titles of Mr. or Sr. Have something along the lines of:
Ashe, The Butler
Crema, The Footman
Cereza, The Chauffeur (providing they fit on a card)
The male servants aren't addressed by title (only by co-workers) - I don't know how that would apply with Clay and Umber tbh

I'm aware of that, it works both ways though (Also with female servants), same with titles for either first or family names.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:17 pm

What about Aunt Burgundy and Master Navy? Are they related to Boddy/Black in anyway? If so, are any other suspects related to Boddy/Black and/or to each other?

Also I suspect that Mr. Boddy and Dr. Black are a couple in this. Just a hunch.
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:32 pm

Jonathan Green wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:17 pm
What about Aunt Burgundy and Master Navy? Are they related to Boddy/Black in anyway? If so, are any other suspects related to Boddy/Black and/or to each other?

Also I suspect that Mr. Boddy and Dr. Black are a couple in this. Just a hunch.
Yup, they are a couple.

Also
Aunt Burgundy is Mr. Boddy's aunt, and Master Navy is his nephew; Navy is not Burgundy's son, she's his godmother.
Mrs. Peacock is of the Black family, and lives in England with Dr. Peacock. Rose is Black's sister. Mother Drab also has a relation to the family. Countess Silver and Princess Emerald share a common bloodline. Mr. Ashe is an cousin of Rusty's and became his caregiver briefly after the previous gardener, Mr. Wells was killed, and Rusty was still a toddler. Judge Mauve descended from former slaves who escaped the US into Mexico as many did. She had a role in handling the case of Uncle Eduardo's murder by Mr. Boddy when Boddy was a child. She also had been blackmailing Mr. Meadow-Brook before he died, leading to her inexplicable ascention as a female justice for the for the small village.

There are other connections I'm working on still.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:10 pm

I do love Judge Mauve, I've always enjoyed the idea of Judge suspects and I think ATTWN played a big part in that

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:17 pm

Some of the other connected histories -

There is a subplot involving Boddy on the Titanic, where his cabin (C-11) is adjacent to Count and Countess Silver (C-9). Boddy has an affair with the Countess, and later contacts an illness while onboard, making him bedridden, and addicted to laudanum, invoking nightmares of his childhood at Black Manor. He awakes with water entering his cabin and is rescued by Countess Silver at the last second. She escapes in one of the last collapsible boats, while Boddy ends up on wreckage in the water, where he rescued by Captain Seafoam's illegal fishing boat which had be mysteriously spotted hours earlier, but came to no one's rescue except Boddy's. Seafoam brings Boddy to a Spanish seaside village, and sells him off as a slave to Baron Bronze. There's a bit of trouble before Boddy manages to resume his normal life, keeping tabs on Silver, Seafoam and Bronze.

The game is set in 1913. The event is a big ball hosted by Mr. Boddy, and reluctantly by Dr. Black. Boddy has invited the rich and royal, friends and enemies alike, while Black retreats from the festivities with his intellectual group.

Miss Peach is an author writing a history on Black Manor, and assisted by Sergeant Gray. Meanwhile, Inspector Bosque and Lt. Rubio are opening up a fresh case since filed away that occurred on the grounds of Black Manor, concerning the discovery of Sgt. Gray's father; Lord Gray's rotting body found in the fountain pipes. His death connects to the earlier death of Mr. Meadow-Brook, and brings Judge Mauve, Lady Lavender, and Mrs. Meadow-Brook under suspicions. Matters aren't helped by the new lawyer, the flamboyant M. Brunette; a dabbling amateur artist, and not just the legit kind.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:43 pm

Here's the weapons list. They're seperated by catagories (Bladed = Red, Projectile = Gold, Bludgeon = Green, Asphyxiant = Blue, Contaminant = Violet) though several weapons have multiple functions (e.g. the binoculars is listed as an asphyxiant with its strap, but can also be used to bludgeon.)

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:42 am

The use of animals as weapons is quite interesting, especially the re-purposing of the Black Dog into a weapon.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:47 pm

The Boar's Head from Poison Pen and the Puzzle Box from Fatal Illusions, very nice unique "classics" - I don't know if I'm gonna regret asking this but what is a Rubber Bulb?

MajorHoy
Slueth

Post by MajorHoy » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:36 pm

Black wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:47 pm
The Boar's Head from Poison Pen and the Puzzle Box from Fatal Illusions, very nice unique "classics" - I don't know if I'm gonna regret asking this but what is a Rubber Bulb?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_bulb