Oh DEAR God!! THe Hub has re-invented Clue once again!

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:47 pm

I was expecting the three objects they found at the end of the second episode to be a wrench, lead pipe and knife (or some such).

Anybody want to watch with me tomorrow night? We should discuss live.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Frostbyte
Slueth

Post by Frostbyte » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:13 am

It's definitely written for a tween audience, but all in all its not bad. I want to see how the story unfolds, so I guess it succeeded in holding my interest. :)

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:21 am

Michael wrote:"These are the kinds of kids you can fit in a box..." hahaha
When you say a box, do you mean a coffin?

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Does anyone know where the episodes can be watched online? I was hoping the Hub's website would have the first episode streaming, but they don't have it up & have no indications that it will be up any time soon.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Black wrote:
Michael wrote:"These are the kinds of kids you can fit in a box..." hahaha
When you say a box, do you mean a coffin?
I think it means the box for the game.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:20 pm

They'd better post them! I've been unexpectedly having to work late and have only seen the first two!
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

chaostheory1489
Private Eye

Post by chaostheory1489 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:54 am

(MINOR SPOILERS)

I just got finished watching all five parts and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. Like someone above me said, it was obviously written for a tween audience, but I thought the story was good and several parts were very funny (and were MEANT to be, which is even better). All the stuff with the houses was really intriguing and makes me hope that they'll continue the series.

As I was watching the miniseries, it occurred to me that the houses were probably started by the actual Clue characters, and I think that's pretty interesting. But it raised a question in my mind: what the heck is the House of Scarlet supposed to be? Plum is science, Mustard military, Green capitalism, Peacock communications, and White humanitarianism, but what's Scarlet? Sex?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:59 am

LOL!

I haven't watched the show, but I find it funny that they wouldn't disclose Scarlet's house. Guess they don't want to promote underage promiscuity.
Last edited by CluedoKid on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frostbyte
Slueth

Post by Frostbyte » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:35 am

Ya, I'd continue watching if they picked up the show for a series. It really had nothing to do with the classic clue canon, but they worked enough in to satisfy me. And without spoiling anything, I will say they left it wide open for the story to continue.

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:37 pm

I don't know. If they can actually act, it might not be bad.

At least it doesn't appear to be based on the deinvention.

Aaron21
Spy

Post by Aaron21 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:37 am

Black wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8pXlHJ5uRQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRT98jH070o

So much for trust "no one, suspect everyone"
they don't even pronounce the names right and they are portraying characters based off the game REALLY?!
But it is dark upstairs and I am frightened of the dark. Will anyone go with me?

Aaron21
Spy

Post by Aaron21 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:42 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8pXlHJ5uRQ

So much for trust "no one, suspect everyone"[/quote] that last one was meant for this one ... ! :( :D

it's MRS.WHITE and MRS.PEACOCK! get it right! really! some people I swear!
But it is dark upstairs and I am frightened of the dark. Will anyone go with me?

jaymzalexander
Snoop

Post by jaymzalexander » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Wouldn't they be considered Miss White & Miss Peacock simpl based on their age and marital status though?

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:28 am

This is what I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRV5G_BAgY

I would rather have this done to me than watch the video above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Lt21vy3WI

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:39 am

It's not terrible. It could be worse. Much worse. It could also be better. Insanely better. At least they're not solving a mystery of a missing slice of cake.
"It is my opinion that your detective stories are the normal recreation of snobbish, out-dated, life-hating, ignoble minds."

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:04 am

I just realized Black posted part 1 of the miniseries on YouTube, but the entire thing is there, too. I thought it was just a trailer ...

Just go to the "more from" tab after clicking on this link, and you will all of the episodes there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRV5G_BAgY

Am I the only one who missed this?

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:33 am

Well, at least it's a murder alright!
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:22 am

WarnerPlum wrote:Well, at least it's a murder alright!
Yeah, the victim is the Clue series and the killers were Hasbro and The Hub.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:01 am

WarnerPlum wrote:Well, at least it's a murder alright!
I don't want to give away any spoilers for those who will actually stream the entire thing on YouTube, but I wouldn't get your hopes up ...

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:15 am

Well ... That's two hours I'm not going to get back.

OK, it wasn't that bad. BUT IT WASN'T CLUE.

WARNING: Spoilers ahead ...

At least I now understand what is going on with the new board game "Classic Mystery", and the ridiculous setup for it, with the various "houses". The only problem is that it has no relationship to the central premise of the game.

It seems like Hasbro wants to turn Clue into a spy property, which is a lot better for box office franchise possibilities. Unfortunately this direction they are going seems to be as vague to them as it appears to the characters in the mini-series.

Did it really have to be so sweeping as to involve Nikola Tesla and a secret invention that could power the world? I mean, these kids are just a notch above Scooby and the gang ... All they were missing was a groovy van to get around in ... And nobody got murdered! How is it Clue if nobody gets murdered!?

And don't get me started on the bad guys, the mustache twirling villains who are vying to get their hands on trillion dollar technology, but won't kill anybody to get it. What kind of Absent Minded Professor Disneyfied production is this? People get killed in a robbery over a couple hundred bucks in a 7-11 cash register ... Nobody's gonna just shoot these kids for the greatest technology ever created? They make the Bond villains look competent

No, this little production is better off not going to series. All it would do is mis-re-eduficate (to quote George W. Bush) a new generation of kids to think Clue is about hip Tweens trying to unravel the secret societies actually running the planet. And here I thought it was the Masons. as soon as the ratings start to sag, they'll probably introduce hunky vampires ... No they're better off going back to the drawing board.

OK Hasbro, you wanna give me a spy thriller? Fine. Have the guests be representatives from their respective "houses" (as long as they all have their traditional personal attributes) and with a reason to murder their host, who is the head of the order of Black. Then have him MURDERED, and let the others all suspect each other. heck even have them chase each other around the globe in order to grab Black's power, before the other's can. But in the end, let's have one of them be the killer.