Where is Clue set?

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Where is Clue set?

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:01 am

I made a old topic about this question, but this is different. Instead of a poll listing all the places Clue has been set, where in your head-canon (or Clue-verse as I call it) is Clue/Cluedo set?

Mainly Clue is set Hampshire, England like the 2000s games. The mansion is Tudor Close, the ancestral home of the Black family, now own by Mr. John Boddy. The mansion is near a harbor/seaside town named Little Falls. Like Brighton and other sea towns in South East England. It's a popular resort destination.

But I do like the idea of Clue being set in France. Maybe the mansion is a French Chateau in the French countryside.

And New England is nice as well. A nice stately Georgian mansion outside of Boston, Massachusetts.
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

coinilius
Junior Detective

Re: Where is Clue set?

Post by coinilius » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:44 am

Definitely an English setting in my head cannon, although it is an interesting thought as it is mutable between regions - I know that the Australian setting of the (Australian version) of the tv show always felt wrong to me

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:57 am

I chose Mexico for my Black Manor game, as nobody really used Central or Latin America before. Argentina would also be a good choice - lots of European-esque mansions there.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:38 am

CluedoKid wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:57 am
I chose Mexico for my Black Manor game, as nobody really used Central or Latin America before. Argentina would also be a good choice - lots of European-esque mansions there.
Here's a rowing club in Argentina, looks like Black Manor:

It's fun you say Mexico because my parents thought Villa de Noire (Mr. Boddy's summer home in the French Rivera) was Puerto Rican. My family, apart from my stepfather, are from Puerto Rico. I know that Puerto Rico is an American territory, but Mexico and P.R. are Spanish countries. Reminds me when I had Miss Scarlett a Puerto Rican years ago.

“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:30 pm

I really like the international versions that change the characters and settings, it makes them more unique and allows them to coexist with regular Cluedo which has more of a UK/US feeling

Elrond
Slueth

Post by Elrond » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:58 pm

Classic Clue is - for me - set in Hampshire, England. But I love the idea of MD being in France, Passport to Murder being in Europe, and maybe Cluedo Super Sleuth being in Scotland.

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:44 pm

That’s a good point as well, the expansion/spin off games having their own settings expands the Clue universe that little bit more

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:37 pm

Jonathan Green wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:38 am
CluedoKid wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:57 am
Here's a rowing club in Argentina, looks like Black Manor:

That's a great looking place!